Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2019, 10:30   #1036
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Vandalism!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Looks like someone has malafide and clandestine intentions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
My car was parked in a spot where behind the car there is space to walk around and then wall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
It will pop back into shape.
Here is the CCTV grab how the dent happened :

One of the guys does observe that there is a dent and also informs other guys about it. But all three of them just walk off. The guys are from same building where I work, and all three of them are clerk in their respective offices. There is slight suspension movement when the guy comes in contact with my car.
Worst part : they didnt inform anybody about it. Their employer is a big shot from one political party. Yet to talk to him. But yesterday, had a word with the guy who observed the dent. He admitted it happened, thats it.

The dent is 80-90% recovered by hot water and suction technique.
Old 17th June 2019, 10:03   #1037
BHPian

Didn't use my car over the past week since I had exams. Decided to head out for breakfast today morning, and came across these! I'm absolutely livid. These scratches are certainly intentional. Attaching a few photos:

Car Vandalism!-img_20190617_093637716.jpg

Car Vandalism!-img_20190617_093631419.jpg

Car Vandalism!-img_20190617_093653606.jpg

Car Vandalism!-img_20190617_093709269.jpg

Car Vandalism!-img_20190617_093719623.jpg

Car Vandalism!-img_20190617_093726018.jpg

Car Vandalism!-img_20190617_093735279.jpg

Car Vandalism!-img_20190617_093741876.jpg

Also, just to put things in perspective, my car is literally parked right in front of the headquarters of the Barrackpore Police Commissionerate (the building in the background):

Car Vandalism!-img_20190519_084601848.jpg
Old 17th June 2019, 10:11   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Didn't use my car over the past week since I had exams. Decided to head out for breakfast today morning, and came across these! I'm absolutely livid. These scratches are certainly intentional.
Sorry to see your ride vandalized by some low life , but looking at the pictures shared by you I think most of the scratches are not that deep and will go away with proper polishing and compounding.
Old 17th June 2019, 16:33   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
I'm absolutely livid. These scratches are certainly intentional.
Sorry to hear about your car, boniver. Seeing the scratches (atleast some of them) I think it may have been caused by street dogs, cats. Saying this as I too had similar scratches in my car (which is always parked inside my home).

But the ones on the door looks like an intentional one.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2019, 10:58   #1040
BHPian

Hi everyone,
This is my first post in teambhp.Never in my wildest dream would I have imagined about something that happened with me yesterday. It happened yesterday in Malad east area in Mumbai.
I am a doctor, and got an emergency call from one of the hospital I was visiting. It was raining heavily and had to park my swift a little far from the hospital due to water logging.
I use to park at the same place before as well for few hours. But yesterday some vandals broke my left side door glass and the rear glass. Nothing was stolen from inside the car. Few days back someone deflated tyres of other cars too.
Finding a parking spot is difficult in that area and car owners will park wherever they find space.
The place is very crowded, and I am sure someone would have witnessed it.
I have seen quite a few taxis parked at the same spot regularly which are never damaged. It is not even an official taxi stand.
My blood boils because I had to pick up my wife and infant daughter while returning back. It was raining heavily and the journey back to home was a nightmarish experience.
I just want to ask one question to all those vanadals. What if they have an emergency at home and need to take their car out and find out that the tyres are punctured and glasses are damaged? Who gives those vandals rights to destroy other people's property? Road is a public place and everyone has equal access to it.
I will forget about the damage soon but not the nightmarish experience that I had to face afterwards.
I cannot even take my car out until it's repaired since car is completely soggy from inside due to rains. Who will compensate for the emergency patients which I won't be able to attend on time till I get my vehicle back?
What steps should I take to find out who the culprit is behind this? I am trying to find CCTVs in surrounding buildings which might have captured the incident.

Hope the world and its people change soon for the betterment of our society.
DrCar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 10:02   #1041
Distinguished - BHPian

No idea whether this belongs here or in funny incidents. This was in newspaper today. Happened in neighbouring district. A bull has been after the vehicles, damaging them. That's an Alto hanging there

Car Vandalism!-69810496.jpg

Last edited by BoneCollector : 6th November 2019 at 10:07.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 10:20   #1042
BHPian

Some jerk scratched the bonnet of my week old Venue Denim Blue in the apartment parking! The gall! . Pains my heart to see those two scratches.
Will be checking the CCTV today.
Old 6th November 2019, 18:47   #1043

So my case dates back to month of May last year.
I was preparing for my exams so I slept late at night (around 2), it was all nice and quiet till then.
I woke up around 6 to see this huge dent on my roof. Along with that a few scratch marks on the hood.
My car was parked inside the gates so it was obvious that something fell from the neighboring 3-storied building (rented out to students).
Went in there and heckled them, even threatened to call the police, but apparently no one knew what happened.
The closest confession I could get (or part of it) was involvement of some dog. According to him they brought someone's dog to the 3rd floor and he jumped from there!
Unfortunately the CCTVs of my home malfunctioned a few days back so I did not had anything conclusive.
Got it repaired at the local Volkswagen workshop.

Till date, I don't exactly know what happened that night.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-img_0682.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-img_0683.jpg  

Old 1st September 2021, 17:46   #1044
BHPian

My week old Nexa blue Ignis's bonnet has a deep scratch now. It was parked inside a gated compound on Sunday evening. Saw this scratch on Tuesday when I went to put a cover on my car. Scratch is only a few mm long but it is deep, deep enough to show the metal beneath. It breaks my heart when I see it.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-img20210901wa0006.jpg  

Old 1st September 2021, 18:28   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCar View Post
What steps should I take to find out who the culprit is behind this? I am trying to find CCTVs in surrounding buildings which might have captured the incident.

Hope the world and its people change soon for the betterment of our society.
As you said, it was raining, even if you find this dastardly act in any CCTV Camera, the picture quality would be poor for any identification purpose.
The culprit getting instant Karma, for example you getting late for the vandals mother's treatment due to this - happens in Movies only.
Old 1st September 2021, 18:39   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sole_rider View Post
My week old Nexa blue Ignis's bonnet has a deep scratch now...deep enough to show the metal beneath. It breaks my heart when I see it.
I have the same car in the same shade. I got a heartache during the first scratch caused by a protruding tree twig on the road. I couldn't sleep and was very sad!

Then came another set of scratches from the car cover.

Then came 2 small dents due to idiots playing cricket "in the parking area" whose ball struck the door. (The ball was found below the car hence I know it.)

Then came LOTS of others from bangles, umbrellas, watches, hand bags, shoes, stones, gravel, opening boot with a bush behind it, went over a deep water filled pothole, went over a paver block and what not! It's a dark blue car and you see every damn thing on it.

Like always, my wise friend said, "Either enjoy the moments driving your car not caring about such minor things. Or keep having heartburns on every tiny dings and scratches."

Conclusion, I worry 90% less now and have an AWESOME time with the car. It's not like our cars gonna be legal to drive forever so might as well enjoy the time with it.
RavSam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 19:03   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
I have the same car in the same shade. I got a heartache during the first scratch caused by a protruding tree twig on the road. I couldn't sleep and was very sad!
Hi RavSam, thank you for sharing your experience. First scratch on our beloved cars are indeed painful. I felt it.

Quote:
Like always, my wise friend said, "Either enjoy the moments driving your car not caring about such minor things. Or keep having heartburns on every tiny dings and scratches."
This is going to be my mantra as well. Enjoy what you have and forget about all those scratches going to happen in the future.

Quote:
Conclusion, I worry 90% less now and have an AWESOME time with the car. It's not like our cars gonna be legal to drive forever so might as well enjoy the time with it.
Haha, true indeed. I feel much lighter now.
sole_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 20:57   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sole_rider View Post
Haha, true indeed. I feel much lighter now.
I'm glad that helped. Going by the other threads even a parked, non-driven, non-delivered car can develop scratches and damages.

We live in a body where we have cuts, bruises, scars and what not with which we have to live for ever and can't be replaced A lot of people don't even take care of their teeth and here we are hitting our head on the wall for such things.

Although this thread is about vandalism and yes vandalism isn't as easy to forget and move on, but that's how it is. And yes, a car with its battle scars is so much more relaxing to drive (I am not talking about drastic damages and mechanical failures )

Happy Driving!
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 16:24   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Twice it has happened, in different places. I had parked my car and gone to a temple nearby. Probably someone did not want people to park in the vicinity, when I returned, one tyre was flat. There was no puncture in either case. I got the message anyway and stopped parking in those places.
Old 20th December 2021, 16:54   #1050
Distinguished - BHPian

Have become very cautious about where I park in tourist areas. If there are a bunch of taxis already parked there, I'd avoid parking, even if there is a free spot and even if it's not a 'designated' taxi parking area. It's way too easy for someone to vandalize the car and there's no point expecting local taxi guys to be decent or get cops to take action against them if anything happens. Better to find a designated public parking area or park away and walk. Taxi guys usually have the nearest and best parking spots either officially or unofficially near any tourist attraction.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks