Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2005, 23:56   #16
Team-BHP Support

who will fund the dragstrip khanak ?
it s easier said than done .what i think is similar to speed demon . no one in our country is going to do any such social work , yeah but it can definately be used as a great idea for business purpose ! what say guys ? lolz , think i should tell my dad abut this one .

i just feel that we have some great cars now , which can do some great speeds , it is a little crazy but you definately to some extent want to make use of that power sometime after spending so much money , you want to feel that speed .

i m not being specific about this mishap , just being a little general .

manson .
Old 14th March 2005, 01:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

a dragstrip
how expensive can it be
like a doubled laned road
divided
in the suburbs
1.5 kms long
any estimates?
and by judging the popularity of the drags in mumbai I think people will be more than willing to pay for it
Not build one for charity but as a business
an annual membership
a restaurant with a viewing gallery for the spectators
hmm
it might just work
somthing like Sanjay Narang's F1 track
It will have SUCH a monopoly ittl be evil
Old 14th March 2005, 01:53   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
the car had hit the divider coming out of the deadly curve (arnd lala college ) and toppled
Do you mean the car was going from worli naka towards haji ali ?
Which divider? the one that separates the northgoing and southgoing traffic?

Actually the right hand curve that happens just past NSCI is a very tempting curve to hit the throttle, but anyone who knows well enough knows that its one of the most dangerous turns in the whole city, and thats because of two reasons.
1. Its a blind turn and people are always jumping out of the bushes to cross the road there.
2. Its a really fast turn, and will be pushing your cars lateral limits and loading up your suspension pretty good. BUT, there are some visually unnoticeable bumps in the road just on the turn, and these can totally throw your car off balance when you are anywhere near the limit.

cya
R
Old 14th March 2005, 03:11   #19
Team-BHP Support

no rehaan the car was going from haji ali towards worli naka , now just imagine the curve on theother side of the road , it s worse . and i think he straightlined that ,

though it s over before it starts but can anyone imagine what must have gone trough that guy s mind when the car must have been toppling ?
can't even imagine it .

manson .
Old 14th March 2005, 03:18   #20
Team-BHP Support

khanak if i don't become an actuary i will definately work on this project .

manson.
Old 14th March 2005, 08:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
2. Its a really fast turn, and will be pushing your cars lateral limits and loading up your suspension pretty good. BUT, there are some visually unnoticeable bumps in the road just on the turn, and these can totally throw your car off balance when you are anywhere near the limit.

cya
R
Yeah I've seen many people being caught off gaurd on those bumps...i myself have learnt not to speed on that turn.

Drifter
Old 14th March 2005, 09:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

Really sad. But I do not feel a bit sorry for the driver. Irresponsible driving is a strict no-no with me. He deserved what he got. I feel more sorry for the car.
Old 14th March 2005, 09:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The bottom line is that people are being irrisponsible with the power they have.
Absolutely, just bcoz they have a fast car they think they're driving Gods!!! All cars have their limitations and it's very important that you know when to ease off.

No matter how good your brakes are, it's the tyres that decide how quickly the car stops and when the surface isn't dry, it's always safe to brake much earlier (which very few drivers ever think of).

Shan2nu
Old 14th March 2005, 10:53   #24
BHPian

was just thinking about the innova... with the qualis and sumos at their disposal, the bpo cab drivers really drive the wheels off at night. imagine what they would with close to 100 bhp at their disposal!!!

i have noticied another strange thing. dunno if this is true though... whenever a tata sumo meets with a head-on, the b-pillar seems to collapse immediately bringing the roof down on the occupants. i very rarely get to hear about a tata sumo accident where there were minor injuries. maybe its not true but this is what i get to see in the papers. mangled remains with god forbid tolls of 3 and above...

is this a problem of too fast a car with a inexperienced driver or a poor strucutral rigidity? i have seen a bolero meet with a similar accident but the frames were only bent. the roof remained intact. believe me the bolero hit a stationary lorry. the driver was doing 90kmph + before applying the brakes and slamming against the lorry. there were just a few bruises and fractures.
Old 14th March 2005, 12:14   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Power is nothing without control. Morons.

GTO
Old 14th March 2005, 18:11   #26
Senior - BHPian

Im doing my IB extended essay on the application of Formula One Technology in road cars to improve safety. My research will involve integrating a carbon fibre framework into the body of the car to make it safer and lighter. Also the cost is an issue to be considered and so you cant just make the whole car of carbon fibre.
Any Ideas?
Old 14th March 2005, 19:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Pics are posted in manson's opening thread

Dippy
Old 14th March 2005, 19:39   #28
Senior - BHPian

YIKES!!!! That is one horrible crash. Any idea how it exactly happened, don't tell me he just ran into a divider without even swerving or slamming the brakes.

And, he's got what GS D2s??? Ok, that's it, i'm going in for the Potenza.

Shan2nu
Old 14th March 2005, 19:40   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Dayum, that is one S-C-A-R-Y crash. I am seriously at a loss for words....

Drive safe, fellas

GTO
Old 14th March 2005, 19:44   #30
Team-BHP Support

As there are no abrasions further down the under-carriage, my theory is that it hit the divider head on and pivotted over.

Thank god , choksi did not handover a Porsche for the night - we would be in mourning

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks