Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2005, 20:16   #61
BANNED

all cracked up

heard bout that one thought it was a bluff / rumour

also heard that there were no skid marks anywhere so apparently the driver of the car just did not see the divider in the first place

how smashed was he . . ?

crash drive for skoda...maybe
Old 16th March 2005, 21:00   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
And when is the other vRS story gonna be made public I wonder....

IN due time... in due time
Old 16th March 2005, 23:45   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
Are you sure??! Hiren is Choksey's brother...not son.

no dude... not too sure about that... now i got to hear that it wasnt choksey's son driving but his cousin brother (Son's cousin bro) was driving the car and crashed.
Old 17th March 2005, 00:10   #64
BHPian

The Skoda RS is or could i say was owned by Haren Choksey. One of his sons used to drive it around the Juhu to Bandra area. He seemed to have a very rough driving style from what i had seen over the months. He should thank his stars that he moved over from a Lexus Altezza to the RS a few months back, cos if he had crashed this way in the Lexus, his injuries would have been a lot more serious. Its only the bulletproof build quality of the skoda that saved him and the other passengers in the car.
Old 17th March 2005, 01:00   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salil_kulkarni
cos if he had crashed this way in the Lexus, his injuries would have been a lot more serious. Its only the bulletproof build quality of the skoda that saved him and the other passengers in the car.

Whoa, hold on there !!! Skoda has a better build quality than a Lexus????? Dude you're talking about cars on two ends of the spectrum here, and the Lexus is on the higher end.

Skoda is VW's economy brand, build in former Soviet-bloc republics in Eastern Europe to save on cost. Dont get carried away by the 'premium' branding in India.

The VW heirarchy is something like this: Skoda the Economy Brand, which was bought by VW to counter the Korean onslaught, followed by VW which is pretty much the middle-rung brand pitted against the Japs, and Audi which their luxury brand. The Audi brands compete against the Mercs, the Beemers and the likes of Lexus and Infinity.

THe Octavia was derived from the VW Golf hatchback.

Cheers

Steer
Old 17th March 2005, 09:21   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid

Skoda is VW's economy brand, build in former Soviet-bloc republics in Eastern Europe to save on cost. Dont get carried away by the 'premium' branding in India.

The VW heirarchy is something like this: Skoda the Economy Brand, which was bought by VW to counter the Korean onslaught, followed by VW which is pretty much the middle-rung brand pitted against the Japs, and Audi which their luxury brand. The Audi brands compete against the Mercs, the Beemers and the likes of Lexus and Infinity.

THe Octavia was derived from the VW Golf hatchback.

Cheers

Steer
You are partially correct but a lot of this is in the marketing positioning - engineering-wise, these cars are not so different - people are wisening up to this that is why VW is having a hard time. Main differences are in styling and trim

BTW - you missed out SEAT - this is aimed at the Alfa/ Lower end BMW segment
Old 17th March 2005, 18:20   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
You are partially correct but a lot of this is in the marketing positioning - engineering-wise, these cars are not so different.

BTW - you missed out SEAT - this is aimed at the Alfa/ Lower end BMW segment
I shouldnt have missed SEAT, after all I did drive a Toledo for about 9 months! But then VW also own Bentley and Bugatti...

Somehow SEAT's more of a downmarket Latin American brand. It definitely is not positioned against the BMW...more against the likes of Fiat's inexpensive and sporty little runners. IT was spanish and therefore the Latin American markets identifies with the brand.

Seats are cheaper than Skodas, by the way.

Cheers
Steer
Old 17th March 2005, 18:23   #68
Senior - BHPian

Before the moderators crack the whip: Get back to the topic!
Old 17th March 2005, 20:27   #69
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Well..I think the driver needs to lay off the wheels for a while and so much for negative publicity for the eagle f1's (just kidding)! oh yeah and they should put those alloys up for sale...(another one)! I think its hard enough already seeing a car of this caliber hitting the roof..in th literal sense ofcourse.
Old 17th March 2005, 22:03   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Skoda RS is or could i say was owned by Haren Choksey.
Very true. It is owned by Haren Choksey.

Quote:
He should thank his stars that he moved over from a Lexus Altezza to the RS a few months back, cos if he had crashed this way in the Lexus, his injuries would have been a lot more serious.
An Altezza?!? Is it silver?! and a CC now?!
Old 18th March 2005, 02:29   #71
Senior - BHPian

The crash was indeed really scary.I passed that route on Saturday night,and had a chance to see it in person.It was horrific.
Pretty irresponsible for someone to drive this way.They should know its Mumbai roads and not the German Autobahns.Illiterate frickin losers.

X
Old 18th March 2005, 08:03   #72
Senior - BHPian

whats the other skoda story? ? ? ? ?

some one please tell it!
Old 20th March 2005, 21:58   #73
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I like the fact that some people from DXB like myself have a great knowledge of car info and findings only that sometimes you have to actually punch a car to know build quality and in my case ive done and a skoda well yes a tank indeed Lexus would have him thinking about more sophisticated surgeries... hmm well premium shmemium... whatever
Old 20th March 2005, 22:21   #74
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

hey come on guys. i guess its not right to blame the driver of the car when we do not know all the facts. The accident could have happened cos of various reasons. Alcohol COULD be one of them. But we shouldnt make judgements about others on out own assumptions. 10 people will give 10 different versions of the accident. which one should be believe?

Coming back to the topic, its really a terrible thing to happen. Good to know that all the occupants were safe.
Old 27th March 2005, 18:45   #75

Great that atleast somebody understands

Well very true its not good to blame the driver till you know the exact details...
i know the driver of the car personally and know how cool a driver he is...
he has driven great cars and is a composed driver...
that night may be things didnt go his way...
firstly the guy driving was not haren choksey...it wsa his son...
second he wasnt drunk for sure...no second thoughts...
thirdly guys leave him alone...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks