Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2009, 22:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

man thats really sad. i dont want to rub it in but i feel you made a big mistake not filing and FIR.they were drunk and driving without a license.corruption in this country is the root cause for its downfall

EDIT

The cops cannot refuse to file and FIR. they will just persuade you not to if they are being paid but in the end they have to.And in a case like this i definitly would jus to teach those guys they cant get away just by throwing some money around.

Last edited by revtech : 22nd February 2009 at 22:30.
Old 22nd February 2009, 22:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Glad that your mum and you are safe.
But curious. The bangy looks bad, didn't the airbags pop?
Old 22nd February 2009, 23:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
man thats really sad. i dont want to rub it in but i feel you made a big mistake not filing and FIR.they were drunk and driving without a license.corruption in this country is the root cause for its downfall

EDIT

The cops cannot refuse to file and FIR. they will just persuade you not to if they are being paid but in the end they have to.And in a case like this i definitly would jus to teach those guys they cant get away just by throwing some money around.
+1 even I think you should have insisted on a FIR. Glad that you are safe.
The shunt seems pretty bad... make sure they do a good job with the suspension mouting. Good Luck Mate.
Old 23rd February 2009, 00:31   #19
Team-BHP Support

Thats a very bad accident but the good news is that you were not hurt. Wish you all the best for getting the car back to its original shape.
Old 23rd February 2009, 00:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Airbags don't pop for rear impacts. If the car has active headrests, they do their magic so your neck doesn't snap during a rear impact.
Old 23rd February 2009, 00:57   #21
BHPian

NRI with Vitamin - M. Another big culprit. As usual our police system proved their originality.
Old 23rd February 2009, 01:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Woah man, the crash looks very bad. Be happy you survived without any physical injury, many are not so lucky. As for these *******s, hope they crash into the back of a truck next time.
Old 23rd February 2009, 01:25   #23
BHPian

Hey man really sorry to hear about the incident. I know it really hurts when you suffer losses for no mistake of yours.

With all the personal situations around you, I guess it would have been a another headache for you had you filed a complaint.

The sad fact is that our country is good to live only if you have tons of money/connections. A normal person has to suffer and just goes on as he/she has 1000 other headaches in life. It sounds very annoying but you shouldn't have let those drunk and disorderly NRIs go scot free. Atleast they would have suffered problems in leaving the country had you filed an FIR.

But anyways atleast you n your mum are fine. Take care and hopefully the car gets well soon!
Old 23rd February 2009, 01:34   #24
Senior - BHPian

Thats a pretty bad Shunt, What ever said and done a Mental Scar is left forever, t feels sad when something like this happens, WE take upmost care of our cars, And suddenly someone bangs you from behind. Hope everything is ok.

Even if The case is not filed, I hope these guys pay for your damages.
Old 23rd February 2009, 03:01   #25
BHPian

Please take this up with the maximum you can, you have photographs, the pupils of the perpetrators are diluted thanks to alcohol intake, you do have a very fair chance to win the case

Btw your strenghts are that the drivers who banged you do not have a license.
you win straight and square here.

Regards

M M
Old 23rd February 2009, 07:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

There are three issues here:
1. JUSTICE: Very unfortunate that the protectors of the are just so corrupt
2. FINANCE: Its gonna pinch you pocket to get it repaired. And I hope that these drunks have given you enough to cover the damage. Personally if it were me it would have been impossible to get the job done from my own pocket as my present situation is not too good.
3. ANGUISH: At having to see your car so badly beaten and bruised, seeing the justice situation etc.

3 is probably the most painful of the lot.
About 1: Since you have pictures have you considered using the media to create a little awareness about the issue - drunken driving, refusal of FIR, etc. I'm sure local and reputed newspapers and TV channels will publish the photos and the story (the license plate numbers are clearly visible). On the downside the media can be manipulated by the cops.

Anyway, I just hope the anguish and pain disappear over the next few days and I hope the car gets back in good shape.
Old 23rd February 2009, 08:48   #27
Senior - BHPian

Guy thanks for your support. I need urgent help in terms of getting car back in full shape. What all I should check to get replaced. For rear left, Shockers, Breaking System, Tyre, Alloy, and other things will be replaced. Both Front and rear bumper will be replaced, front right Tyre, Alloy and few things will be changes. All headlight and rear light are ok, no damage, because they are placed really high.

My biggest worry is they rear left metal sheet damage. One advisor told me that damaged portion will be cut and new portions will be welded. but that will make the car open to visible accident signs, causing the low resale value. Though selling it off is not really in my mind for next 5 years. One advisor told me that they can try to do the denting painting of current sheet, as there is no rip-off, just twist and bends. I am going to MASS to discuss it in detail and will take few more pics.

What other ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
man thats really sad. i dont want to rub it in but i feel you made a big mistake not filing and FIR.
as I mentioned earlier, it was sunday and they told me that car will be kept till moday to be released, and I was not ready to keep the car with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

I was also surprised on that, but MASS told me that Airbags open only after impact on front or side and not rear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Thats a very bad accident but the good news is that you were not hurt. Wish you all the best for getting the car back to its original shape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Airbags don't pop for rear impacts. If the car has active headrests, they do their magic so your neck doesn't snap during a rear impact.
exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
NRI with Vitamin - M. Another big culprit. As usual our police system proved their originality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
hope they crash into the back of a truck next time.
me too wish so, badly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post
With all the personal situations around you, I guess it would have been a another headache for you had you filed a complaint.
Yes, dealing with MASS & Insurance much much better than taking headache of filing complaint and then following it up in court. I already have b ad things happening on personal front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Thats a pretty bad Shunt, What ever said and done a Mental Scar is left forever, t feels sad when something like this happens, WE take upmost care of our cars, And suddenly someone bangs you from behind. Hope everything is ok.

Even if The case is not filed, I hope these guys pay for your damages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
Btw your strenghts are that the drivers who banged you do not have a license.
you win straight and square here.
It does not matter till how police develop/right the case. All depends on there investigation and reports, which are easily manipulated by bribing them
Old 23rd February 2009, 08:48   #28
BHPian

Very bad bang, I wonder, how the rear wheel appears little twisted. Has this happened when they tried over taking you or when you tried to slow down?

Glad that you are safe. I wish you to get over this emotions soon and get your car back to its normal looks.
Old 23rd February 2009, 08:50   #29
BHPian

Sad to see the damage and happy that you came out without any injuries. Are you planning for Insurance Claim? wont the insurance guy ask for FIR for insurance claim?
Old 23rd February 2009, 08:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsun View Post
Very bad bang, I wonder, how the rear wheel appears little twisted. Has this happened when they tried over taking you or when you tried to slow down?
its not little twisted, it broken apart, shocker is broken. actually neither they were overtaking nor slowing.

I was waiting at redlight on the right most lane and by my left lanes were two truck also waiting. These drunks realized it pretty late and tried to squeeze between me and truck where there was not space for even a bike. They first hit me and as there car's rear turned to left due to impact, it hit rear of truck. but truck guy fled away.
Honestly speaking I felt that something wrong when I saw them coming too fast, on RVM, and by impulse I removed my foot from brakes, that might had reduced the impact, but anyways they were too fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
Sad to see the damage and happy that you came out without any injuries. Are you planning for Insurance Claim? wont the insurance guy ask for FIR for insurance claim?
I checked this with MASS guy on the spot at 7AM and he said no need of FIR, I asked him many times and he guaranteed me. Car is already with them will be surveyed today morning. It will be cashless process and I will have to pay some due amount at the time of delivery
Tow van charged me huge 2000 Rs to tow it from Dhaula Kuan to Gurgaon, but MASS guy told me that I will get it from insurance

Last edited by rkbharat : 23rd February 2009 at 09:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks