Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2009, 20:40   #1
Senior - BHPian

My SX4 banged badly by drunks

Most unfortunate thing happened to my SX4 today morning. while I was on my way to Chandigarh, near Dhaula Kuan. I was waiting for red light to turn green, when these two totally drunk guys, hit me from rear at speed of almost 80-90. There was no attempt of braking from them. My car flew and banged median from front

There was whole drama, I will try to write later. Damage is extensive. see the pics. Gave it to MASS today, and they promised that the car will be back in original shape.

I am felling very very bad and felt like killing those drunks. I treat my cars like babies
My SX4 banged badly by drunks-p2220500.jpg

My SX4 banged badly by drunks-p2220502.jpg

My SX4 banged badly by drunks-p2220504.jpg

My SX4 banged badly by drunks-p2220507.jpg
Old 22nd February 2009, 20:47   #2
BANNED

Sorry to hear this and its bad too but thank that you weren't hurt. Claim damages from them, every pai.

Looks like the SX4 is ripped from behind but not much damage to accent ??

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd February 2009 at 21:16.
Old 22nd February 2009, 20:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thats a bad shunt bharat. We would all like to hear the whole story. However make sure these drunks dont go scot free. Hope to see your car back in perfect shape soon.
Old 22nd February 2009, 20:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thats another story
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Sorry to hear this and its bad too but thank that you weren't hurt. Claim damages from them, every pai.
accent was also damaged badly wheel broken, shockers broken etc, but damage was more on SX4, MASS Quoted between 20K to 25K where I was expecting between 40-60K
Quote:
Looks like the SX4 is ripped from behind but not much damage to accent ??

Last edited by rkbharat : 22nd February 2009 at 20:51.
Old 22nd February 2009, 20:53   #5
BANNED

So, have you filed a complaint or did they agree for settling it from their insurance?
Old 22nd February 2009, 20:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thats a Bad one.
Did you lodge any complaint against drunkards?
Old 22nd February 2009, 20:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

Very sad to hear that man. Hope everyone is fine.
Old 22nd February 2009, 21:04   #8
Senior - BHPian

Glad you're safe but can feel your pain.
I hope you do NOT send those drunks away scot free.
The photos are good evidence against them and their license plates are very visible.
Hope the next few days play out easy.
Old 22nd February 2009, 21:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

as usual police played the dirty role here. Those guys were drunk, no license and NRIs, So they were easy target to fleece money. I guess they paid good amount to police for not filing FIR. I forced cops to file FIR, on which they tried to play mind games with me. Being sunday they said that both cars will be submitted to police and will be released on formalities, and will take 1-2 days. I have heard scaring stories cars being robbed off of accessories in police custody. and I guess they sensed my fear. Also I felt pain on the right side of stomach which was recently treated for kidney stone.

My mother was too scared of all these and reached on the spot even after I stopping them. That made the situation more loose for me as she is getting treated for cancer and just yesterday only she had chemo cycle. Also police started giving me indications that nothing will happen if I open a case. So called my uncle to settle this whole thing and I left for home to drop my mother back.

those drunks exploited our corrupt system They paid us 5K and used money power to scot free .

I hate to be in this country. Please I am too emotional at present

Quote:
So, have you filed a complaint or did they agree for settling it from their insurance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Thats a Bad one.
Did you lodge any complaint against drunkards?
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Very sad to hear that man. Hope everyone is fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Glad you're safe but can feel your pain.
I hope you do NOT send those drunks away scot free.
The photos are good evidence against them and their license plates are very visible.
Hope the next few days play out easy.

Last edited by rkbharat : 22nd February 2009 at 21:26.
Old 22nd February 2009, 21:27   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

That was a bad shunt from the rear. Hope you didn't have any whiplash injury. That, by God's grace, is all that should matter - that you are fine. EDIT: Sorry to hear about your stomach pain, and about your mother's chemo. No point in fighting these guys at the local "thana" level. Send an email explaining the whole situation to the Delhi Police Commissioner within 48 hours - include the photos too.

You're covered by insurance and that's an almost new car. Should be fully repairable. Only question is the bent rear suspension - I hope they can set it right perfectly (and that the chassis mounting points are not bent too), and that it won't chew up rear tyres in the future...

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 22nd February 2009 at 21:33.
Old 22nd February 2009, 21:36   #11
BHPian

RK i can understand what you must be going through. We BHPians love our cars, and any damage to our babies hurts. Sad that our country is full of these corrupt morons, who let the drunkards free for sake of money.
The best part is that you are safe. What all damage done to the front bumper?
Old 22nd February 2009, 21:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

Thats what I am worried about, though people at MASS told me that they will take care of all these. But is the chasis mount point is bent, which I think is, can it be put back
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Only question is the bent rear suspension - I hope they can set it right perfectly (and that the chassis mounting points are not bent too), and that it won't chew up rear tyres in the future...
Front right side of bumper gone, Front right Alloy and tyre gone and there must be some damage to Shocker etc. Luckily no damage to anything in engine area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
What all damage done to the front bumper?
Old 22nd February 2009, 22:05   #13
Senior - BHPian

Sad to note the accident. I feel you can claim insurance around 50% on the plastic parts. As far as the NRIs and cops are concerned, Indian judicial system and law and order is corrupt to the core and there are no ethics or good men left out (maybe barring a few). Money plays a huge part here.
Old 22nd February 2009, 22:08   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Thats what I am worried about, though people at MASS told me that they will take care of all these. But is the chasis mount point is bent, which I think is, can it be put back
I think Apra opp. Sector 14 Gurgaon has a chassis dynamometer to confirm if the suspension repairs are up to the mark. Talk to them.
Old 22nd February 2009, 22:23   #15
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

sorry to hear about the accident RK. Keep tight and let's hope the MASS guys return your baby as good as new. It's cases like these when fricking NRIs pay money and get away that make a normal man feel as if his hands are tied and yet we proudly say that this is a free country. Bah Humbug! Here money dictates!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks