Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2009, 12:27   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick030581 View Post
I respectfully disagree Runeet.Yes that "kid" didn't murder anyone.But he very well could have.As for the boy's father,I believe he would be even more irresponsible than his son for letting his 18 year old drive a powerful car without knowing how good his skills actually are.And from the thread its evident that his only objective was to protect his son and not punish him.Since he got away in just 24 hours without any jail time,the kid will continue to think he can get away with anything as long as he has money.
Then again,maybe he can.
You're right that legal hassles would be harrowing for the person who is doing the right thing like Tejas.The law in India is a joke and so are its "upholders".
OT-Wish we had transparent lawsuits here like in the US.The monetary pain of getting sued out of their houses and losing their shirts would cause everyone to toe the line of the law for sure.

Agree to you completely! His elder son was also saved from some accident trouble. Now I'm least surprised that the younger kid thought he could get away too. And the speed at which the case was cleared off, If the kid is in an accident again, I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 25th February 2009, 12:30   #137
Team-BHP Support

This is a small world.
If anyone here knows this kid. Please get him to read this thread.

He needs to know exactly what everyone here thinks about him and his family.

But for now, I think Tejas should take a call on keeping this thread open or not.

Any new developments can always be brought to the notice of the mods who can update it.
Old 25th February 2009, 12:42   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
With a heavy heart i want to inform you guys that within 24 hours this case is closed.
Just as expected. I was hoping against hope that some action would be taken against that fellow, but apparently he's been set free to cause more mayhem.

Wish he has learnt something from this whole episode, but it's more like .

@Tejas: No matter the outcome, you have done great service for the community brother.

Note from SUPPORT - Please read the rules before posting. Smilie usage is restricted to 2

Last edited by normally_crazy : 25th February 2009 at 14:34. Reason: Excessive Smilies
Old 25th February 2009, 12:44   #139
Senior - BHPian

Good Deed Tejas! But I was seeing it going this way from the start.
In our country, "Nothing is a problem if it can be solved by money, you dont have the money is a problem"
This Kid/young grown up menace is increasing. I see everyday at the worli seaface how the young rich fathers kids zoom around crazy!! And 2 wheeler boys are an even more Crazy lot who move around in groups and have seen them Bashing up innocent drivers when the fault was with the 2 wheelers crazy driving. Police come, do a samjhauta, and go away. Infact police are scared of some groups from Dongri/bhendi bazaar areas!
Old 25th February 2009, 14:16   #140
BHPian

Isn't it what is expected?

Read through the entire thread. Not surprised at all by the turns of the event. Anything other than this is possible only in movies, may be.

I am sure, even if someone was fatally injured or could have killed, he would have waded through it.

It's only the common man who bears the brunt of the law (as somebody has mentioned in this thread, about his friend), even when it is not his fault!
Old 25th February 2009, 14:22   #141
BHPian

btw what is the legal charge for rash driving?
was speeding(not a lot but loud exhaust) on an empty road at 4 am cops stopped me and asked for 3000 for rash driving.?
Old 25th February 2009, 14:39   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
was speeding(not a lot but loud exhaust) on an empty road at 4 am cops stopped me and asked for 3000 for rash driving.?
Whoa! 3000Rs fine!

Depends on what the charges levied on you?

Depends Legaly or illegally too

Depends if you had no supporting response or documents they asked for.

As per Mumbai Traffice rules:
Whoever drives a motor vehicle in contravention of the speed limits referred to in section 112 shall be punishable with a fine which may extend to Rs. 400/-, or, if having been previously convicted of an offence under this sub-section is again convicted of an offence under this sub-section, with fine which may extend to Rs. 1000

Did you paid that amount to the cops and you got a receipt for it?

Lets not hijack Tejas's thread anyways...this is info!

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th March 2009 at 18:13. Reason: only two smilies per post allowed
Old 25th February 2009, 14:51   #143
BHPian

This trouble some Kids get wings from their parents only. And the parents feel proud/high status when their kid ()son/daughter does some idiotic act. They dont feel to stop their kids.
Few months back few kids died in Bnagalore-Mysore road. Those went for a Coffe at early morning to maddur. They could not negotiate a curve in the road and directly hit a. And fortunate/unfortunate few of them died on the spot.
Old 25th February 2009, 14:53   #144
Team-BHP Support

Tejas,

As you know, we all appreciate you doing the right thing here, and trying your best to make sure justice comes through for those affected.

However, i guess there is only so far that you can go without it seeming like you have a personal vendetta, rather than just a hope for honest justice.

The kid is really lucky that he got away without causing any serious injuries. The best we can hope for now is that he has learnt his lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
Discuss here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...able-fine.html

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th February 2009 at 14:55.
Old 25th February 2009, 14:57   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
However, i guess there is only so far that you can go without it seeming like you have a personal vendetta, rather than just a hope for honest justice.

That's why i said that this is one chapter in my life that i will close and move on.
Old 25th February 2009, 15:01   #146
BHPian

From the length of the thread I first thought it was an old one that had been re-opened and was surprised to see it started only yesterday.

Must be frustrating Tejas, when you take the trouble to do something most people wouldn't want to do and then realise it was all no use. But it is still great that you tried. And possibly you have ensured that if one of us is in this position he will remember you and do the right thing.

Who knows, maybe with a different set of cops, it would have gone the way it should have.

The kid is unlikely to have learnt anything. Like that saying goes - It's only a burnt child who dreads the fire.
Old 25th February 2009, 15:13   #147
BHPian

well done Tejas for what ever you have done in this matter. Let me assure you that majority of the people out here in Mumbai would not have done even 1 % of what you have done in the matter. So chill and you are from a different breed of people, so do not let this spirit of yours come down.Cheers mate.
Old 25th February 2009, 15:30   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by runeet View Post
I am a relatively new member to this forum and from my personal experiance of Law I would say that it is a good thing that the matter got solved without any entries being made in the law books. Please dont get me wrong but law hassles are quite harrowing.
Its good that that the entire episode got sorted and dont get depressed that its unjust an all. Atleast that fellow did not murder anyone. The cabbie got due compensated for the damages what else is required, also I dont think the boys father will let the boy forget this episode anytime soon. Because even they know what will happen the next time.
Wow. Just wow.
Old 25th February 2009, 16:29   #149
Senior - BHPian

Just finished reading the whole thread from the beginning. Only thing I want to say is, Tejas, Hats Off To You!
Old 25th February 2009, 20:39   #150
BHPian

Tejas, salute to you. This has re-assured many of us that good people like you still exist. But like you said, its time to close this chapter of your life, with pride. Treat yourself to some relaxation. I hear there are good Spas and all in Bombay now.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks