Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 01:57   #31
BHPian

I suppose the only positive thing to come out of this is that nothing happened to that beauty of a Jag.

Talk about a silver lining...
Old 24th February 2009, 02:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

Wow! This is very sad! These people with no regard to others safety must be taken off the road for good.

Teja - good of you to take the stand that have taken. Feel very sad for the taxi driver. It is his means of living that we see ruined by that brat! That guy is lucky that there were no passengers in the taxi, taking the timing into consideration, very lucky!
Old 24th February 2009, 02:42   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Yes, do you know the dude?! Those guys were full on pressuring me not to do the right thing and not to give a statement. But i stood my ground. More details later.
The Jag guys were? were they friends with teh Cedia guy? and racing each other.

Quote:
and between the steering and the dash, the guy was so dazed, he started saying, i will only go to nariman point, sit in the cab. He had no idea what happened. He got to his senses after a few minutes. I diagnosed it as a rib fracture and a definite concussion!
The Padmins dont have head restrants (head rest)..so if its a rear end then whiplash would have occured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

That kid is seriously seriously lucky not to have blood on his hands right now!!! It could have been easily been disastrous, especially at 5+pm !!
Absolutely. He should be thanking his stars that nobody is hurt or worse. If there was any pedestrian or 2-wheeler involved that died, he is looking at the next 5-6 years in prison.

Quote:
I don't recollect that car. Because that fellow didn't bother to stop. Just drove away once the signal turned green. I think it was another fiat taxi...
I think there must be something not legal about his car like suspended license or something..that's why he took off.

Last edited by Mpower : 24th February 2009 at 05:01.
Old 24th February 2009, 03:08   #34
BHPian

At first, after reading all the youth bashing, first thing that came to mind was to give the youth a benefit of the doubt as he may have been a newly learnt driver. But after thinking about the pictures i saw [meaning this was not a big mistake as there was a great deal of speed involved for such a wreckage] and the fact [as mentioned by Tejas] that the youth did not look remorseful later, changes my mind to feel that this particular kid, was at fault.

Gods grace that noone got hurt due to such foolishness.

I would ike to add a word of advice here though. People, it is fine to admire beautiful automobiles and savour the sight, but please do not go to great lenghts in order to do so. It's not worth the risk. If the automobile happens to be very near you, then fine.
But please do not try to keep up, get a better look or change the focus of your concentration from driving to oogling.
This case is a perfect example as to what may happen.

Drive safe.
Old 24th February 2009, 05:18   #35
BHPian

That is one bashed up fiat. Looking at the rear seat I shudder to think of what would've happened if it had passengers. Kudos for standing your ground tejas. Hope your meeting with your DCP goes fine and the 'kid' no matter who's son and what age,does not go unpunished. It's not just the compensation bit. This clearly looks like a family that thinks everything can be bought with money.
Old 24th February 2009, 07:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

I would say go a BIT easy on the kid. Provided that if they settle with the other affected parties, and they are able to resolve it amicably, you should also settle with them.

Its only human to make mistakes. I think a rash driving conviction makes it to a persons criminal record, the impact of having one is huge....

Would you want your own son to have a criminal record, foolish as he is ?

Last edited by greenhorn : 24th February 2009 at 07:31.
Old 24th February 2009, 08:00   #37
BHPian

ya i agree not for the kids sake but for his parents since nobody was seriously injured i think as long as they pay adequate compensation to the taxi driver maybe you should let it go hopefuly the kid would have learn't a lesson
18 years and a fast car is not a good combination but hey we were also 18 and you know how it is at that age
Old 24th February 2009, 08:19   #38
Senior - BHPian

well, today no one was injured badly, but what if?

is it not the duty of the parent to hand over the keys to a mature driver and not ask the witness to ease off?

if he was doing 100+ in peak traffic in a stretch where he can see a red light, more importantly, with passengers in the car, IMHO that is very irresponsible.

But as its been mentioned, its denial - " This wont happen again"
Old 24th February 2009, 08:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

What will happen to the kid? Since its an accident, I don't think much. He should go through the usual course of law.

I don't think people learn without suffering the hardship for their actions.
Old 24th February 2009, 08:56   #40
Senior - BHPian

This kid should face the course of the law. It is pretty pathetic that people are talking about the fate/future of the kid and such. What about the taxi driver? What if he can never drive again or is scared to drive? How will he earn his living. What about the trauma. Why is it that money/compensation is always the one cure for all? Usually taxi drivers are sole breadwinners for their families. Let the kid and his parents face the music. The parents also need to be held responsible for letting a moron drive a relatively powerful car. Ok. Rant mode off.

This reminds me ofthe Honda Accord accident in Bangalore a month ago. A guy mowed down 4-5 pedestrians. In the past, he had killed a two wheeler rider and got away by paying compensation. This is what will happen if we let this kid go scot free. Ban the kid from driving for life and lock him up for a while on manslaughter charges. Hopefully, he'll learn from the severe punishment and get along with it.
Old 24th February 2009, 09:28   #41
BHPian

@Tejas, when are you going to post about the police station incident. You have already built up enough suspense around it.
Old 24th February 2009, 09:38   #42
BHPian

Mistakes happens and so accidents.
But this one was so deliberate. 120kmph on a busy street is insane!
Don't let the boy feel that rich can pay off for their crime and get away.
Old 24th February 2009, 10:11   #43
Senior - BHPian

Tejas, i hope the DCP has approved you to put some details on the Forum.

Waiting for the other half of this incident.
Old 24th February 2009, 10:21   #44
BHPian

The Moral Policing We Require...

We all agree that accidents do happen, but this is a very 'DELIBERATE ACCIDENT'..In fact, not at all worthy of being called an accident! The guy has acted so irresponsibly - the other day we read about Bharat's SX4 being rear-ended at Dhaula Kuan (Delhi) and today this happens.

Something needs to be done to such drivers - banning them from driving for life, or put them behind bars for an appreciable amount of time. Something which acts as a deterrent for others - these guys have no respect for others' life and property - everyday we see new 'zippy' cars cutting around from here, there, everywhere. Our roads need to be cleaned up, this mess needs to be sorted out.

And its not just rash and reckless driving - there are a couple of other associated things as well. Such as road rage - people killing each other just because their cars scraped each other, continuous honking/pressure honks used by cabbies/buses/tempos etc,. unauthorizedly occupying part of the road, begging/hawking on the road and so on...

I am very supportive of what Tejas has been doing all this while - making youngsters do situps on the road in full public view. This cannot be called 'taking law into your own hands' but this is, IMO, what needs to be done. This is the sort of 'moral policing' that we require...
Old 24th February 2009, 10:24   #45
BHPian

I am really shocked that some of our team-bhp colleagues are suggesting that the kid and his family should get away with it. When you are 18, you are an adult, and should take responsibility for your actions. You are not a kid anymore.
Tejas - give them both barrels, I say.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks