Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 13:55   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
The kid might have his future stunted due to this one act of foolishness on his part. This kid already has problems. I wonder if we are making it any better by branding him a criminal

@greenhorn,
it may be true that the kid[ i will not call that guy kid anymore but bade baapka bigda huva beta] might suffer in his future but it does not meant that taxiwalla should suffer at present. taxiwalla may have kids. what about those kids?
Old 24th February 2009, 14:11   #62
Senior - BHPian

I think an FIR can be filed by anyone - does not have to be an aggrieved party.

Make it clear to the parents - and cops - that unless they compensate the cabbie - in full- within say some 6 hrs - you will file the FIR!

Tell the cops they will have to explain - to the court- why they too so long to file an FIR after such a major the event took place1 You have the snaps - they will not be able to brush that under any carpet!
Old 24th February 2009, 14:16   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@greenhorn,
it may be true that the kid[ i will not call that guy kid anymore but bade baapka bigda huva beta] might suffer in his future but it does not meant that taxiwalla should suffer at present. taxiwalla may have kids. what about those kids?
All I'm saying is , luckily in this case, no irreversible damage has been done. Provided the kids/parents are willing to compensate/resolve the issue to everyone's satisfaction, I was just asking if using legal means to punish the kid was required
Old 24th February 2009, 14:17   #64
BANNED

@greenhorn: I still dont get the connect. Your friend wasnt in the wrong here this guy is.

Last edited by Spitfire : 24th February 2009 at 14:18.
Old 24th February 2009, 14:24   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
But the sheer existense of a criminal record might close a lot of doors. A friend got hit with a lawsuit because some old man jumped in front of him, Since he was not from that state, and the old man was from that neighbourhood, everyone supported the old man. A sentence was passed for rash driving , and a lot of his career oppurtunities have been stunted because of this
Dude, i also hit a cyclist long time back, as he cut across from behind an auto coming from the other side. Both of us were knocked down, my head hit a telephone pole, but i had helmet on so nothing serious happened. He broke his shoulder bone. Police came and took both of us to MC hospital, my bike (RX135 5speed) was impounded, a case was filed against me by the cyclist. The case went on for couple of years, and the cyclist was paid his compensation from my insurance. Eventhough it was a criminal case it was road accident, criminal cases are not all treated alike.

My take is that the guy should be put on trial for what he did.
Old 24th February 2009, 14:33   #66
Senior - BHPian

I too feel this guy should be given the punishment due to him to act as a deterrent for him and to others also

but our law and order implementation system ( the justice delivery system rather ) is in such a bad shape that many people who go through this system end up becoming future lawbreakers rather than reformed citizens

hence any call to "shield" this boy from the law in the name of "protecting his future" is purely because the system is at fault in terms of not punishing the wrong doer in the right manner

but this does not mean the "kid" goes scotfree here..
Old 24th February 2009, 14:36   #67
Team-BHP Support

@Tejas,
Is the cab driver aware of the fact that with the right pressure he can get a brand new Indicab or so in place of his Padmini which might have a face value of about 20k.
Old 24th February 2009, 14:37   #68
BHPian

Tejas...first of all for being a true responsible citizen of our country!

I support you for every step you are taking.

Unless until a law doesnt slaps you, you won't take the matter seriously anytime in your life!
Tommorow that rich brat kid will learn this trick (bribe) and somehow kills anyone or induce severe damage. He would get off scott free from just about any wrongdoing.

This is where our system is lacking. People have lost faith. Bribing is the first priority to resolve the case. Mishandling cases by Police etc etc.

Once this gets set in everyones mind that being irresponsible in public or playing with somones life will land you in getting a criminal stamp on your life, will set the person in the right track!

I've a gut feeling, that rich kid's parents will trace the cabbie and bribe and convince him not to file any case and go for a out of case settlement! where both the cabbie and the cops would enjoy a free meal!

I hope you achieve what you are on...

Good luck and Cheers~

Last edited by rudrah : 24th February 2009 at 14:41.
Old 24th February 2009, 14:40   #69
Senior - BHPian

Scary pictures! thank god nothing fatal happened, the impact looks killer on the fiat and the cedia.
Waiting to hear the police station story from Tejas..
Old 24th February 2009, 14:41   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
I think an FIR can be filed by anyone - does not have to be an aggrieved party.

Make it clear to the parents - and cops - that unless they compensate the cabbie - in full- within say some 6 hrs - you will file the FIR!

Tell the cops they will have to explain - to the court- why they too so long to file an FIR after such a major the event took place1 You have the snaps - they will not be able to brush that under any carpet!
Yes. that is what i am planning to do this evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post

also - some member who was advocating the rule of law in that thread probably must be happy u took this "kid" to the police station and let the "law take its own course" !!
i guess i must introduce carboy to greenhorn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
@Tejas,
Is the cab driver aware of the fact that with the right pressure he can get a brand new Indicab or so in place of his Padmini which might have a face value of about 20k.
I don't think so. he was taken to the hospital. I have no idea about that. i think the meru guy has already been bought off.
Old 24th February 2009, 14:49   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post

I don't think so. he was taken to the hospital. I have no idea about that. i think the meru guy has already been bought off.
Meru guy was driving a Cab that belongs to Meru. They would have its insurance cover.

This Padmini guy will mostly have no idea and maybe when you meet him let him get a good price for the shattered cab.

Thanks to you, here he has a chance of getting some actual compensation. Unlike most situations where everyone except the victim gets benefited.
Old 24th February 2009, 15:02   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Meru guy was driving a Cab that belongs to Meru. They would have its insurance cover.

This Padmini guy will mostly have no idea and maybe when you meet him let him get a good price for the shattered cab.

Thanks to you, here he has a chance of getting some actual compensation. Unlike most situations where everyone except the victim gets benefited.
meru drivers pay rs10000 as an accident deposit to the company. that would be confiscated by meru. I think that amount will be given by the accused to the driver as compensation.
Old 24th February 2009, 15:03   #73
BHPian

bangalore civic case u-turn will apply here too . . .

i hope they end it up like in "bangalore civic case" ; the car hit the side wall & airbag opened. the boy was blinded & hit all the others. and oh yes, the airbag did open.

the parents will fund wherever needed & he will walk free . . . for another drive.

a weak later everyone forgets it . . .

thats it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
This kid should face the course of the law. It is pretty pathetic that people are talking about the fate/future of the kid and such. What about the taxi driver? What if he can never drive again or is scared to drive? How will he earn his living. What about the trauma. Why is it that money/compensation is always the one cure for all? Usually taxi drivers are sole breadwinners for their families. Let the kid and his parents face the music. The parents also need to be held responsible for letting a moron drive a relatively powerful car. Ok. Rant mode off.

This reminds me of the Honda Accord accident in Bangalore a month ago. A guy mowed down 4-5 pedestrians. In the past, he had killed a two wheeler rider and got away by paying compensation. This is what will happen if we let this kid go scot free. Ban the kid from driving for life and lock him up for a while on manslaughter charges. Hopefully, he'll learn from the severe punishment and get along with it.
Old 24th February 2009, 15:09   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
meru drivers pay rs10000 as an accident deposit to the company. that would be confiscated by meru. I think that amount will be given by the accused to the driver as compensation.
From what I understand. The following are the victims.

Meru Cabs:
The company needs to decide on its course of action. Do they want money to repair the cab or simply use their own insurance.
Either way the driver most probably stands to loose his 10k deposit.
This must be compensated by the speeding youngster.
Plus whatever are the incidental medical charges.

Premier Padmini: The cab is a writeoff. This driver needs to be compensated in FULL. He may not be aware of his rights.

The road: The accident might have broken stuff on the Road. Its the responsibility of this guy to fix it back.

Tejas: Proud of you.
Old 24th February 2009, 15:09   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i think the meru guy has already been bought off.
Are you saying that he is going to pretend as if nothing happened ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks