Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2022, 07:59   #106
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Roads in Delhi and NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Incorrect information, Delhi police can challan any vehicle not having a HSRP on it irrespective of the fact that it is registered outside of delhi.
I drove my non-HSRP Uttar Pradesh registered vehicle without any problems in Central Delhi for 2-3 months back in 2020 when this HSRP business was in vogue as UP did not have a streamlined process for issuing HSRP. There are huge teams of traffic policemen right outside my house stopping vehicle's for all kinds of sundry reasons. Was not stopped even once. Maybe that has changed now. If so, I apologise for any misinformation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
This is inaccurate and the notification in the end doesn’t limit it to vehicles registered at Delhi.
The notification specifically addresses owners of "vehicle's registered in NCT of Delhi". I think that is as clear as it can get. Notwithstanding that, from the experiences shared by both of you, it would seem that it's not safe to drive without HSRP irrespective of the state of registration.

Last edited by sierrabravo98 : 17th February 2022 at 08:01.
Old 17th February 2022, 09:40   #107
BHPian

The problem is that we read para 1 to claim exception, while police will read para 5 of the same notification to issue challan. Logic doesn’t work with cops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 View Post
The notification specifically addresses owners of "vehicle's registered in NCT of Delhi". I think that is as clear as it can get. Notwithstanding that, from the experiences shared by both of you, it would seem that it's not safe to drive without HSRP irrespective of the state of registration.
Old 14th March 2022, 11:45   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

(Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but can't seem to find a thread on Delhi traffic, so posting here.)

I have 6 hours between flights at Delhi airport on a Sunday. Would like to visit a place 600m from the Arjangarh metro station, spend about 2 hours there and return to the airport in time for my next flight.

My flight lands at Delhi at 9.10 am on a Sunday, Terminal 1. The next flight I need to catch is at 2.55 pm on the same day from T3.

*Do I have enough time first of all?
*I'm thinking of catching the metro from the Terminal 1 metro station (Magenta Line), switch to the Yellow Line at Hauz Khas and then going to Arjangarh.
*Is it better to just take a cab both ways, since it's a Sunday and there won't be much traffic?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Last edited by am1m : 14th March 2022 at 11:48.
Old 14th March 2022, 11:55   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Would like to visit a place 600m from the Arjangarh metro station
*Is it better to just take a cab both ways, since it's a Sunday and there won't be much traffic?
Don’t bother with Metro. Take cab, both ways. About 25 minutes of one-way journey maximum.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 14:21   #110
BHPian

CAG reports Dwarka expressway costs ballooned from 18 to 250 crores per km because NHAI chose to make it 'elevated', with no compelling reason or a detailed project report.

https://indianexpress.com/article/in...ssway-8890020/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks