Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you get provoked easily by other drivers?
Yes 170 60.28%
No 112 39.72%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2009, 17:12   #76
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

i consciously decided a few years ago to stop getting angry at some idiot on the road who matters nothing to me personally. better to avoid Blood Pressure and stress by driving safely without getting angry at things that I cannot change is what I figured.
Old 26th September 2009, 12:52   #77
BANNED

This is wierd but i provoke other drivers because my loud exhaust they think i wanna race them or somethin and they suddenly turn into brian occonor and their slow *** zen is now a 10 second camaro but i guess i provoke them which makes them drive reckless which i see and i do the same haha lol
Old 27th September 2009, 00:57   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... which i see and i do the same haha lol
No, not haha lol.

Not hahha lol at all.
Old 27th September 2009, 13:59   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

... But I am still getting provoked, and reacting, despite my resolutions not too, which is also not haha or lol.

Hey ho, none of us is perfect....
Old 27th September 2009, 14:26   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
...i consciously decided a few years ago to stop getting angry at some idiot on the road who matters nothing to me personally... ...
Yeah, this is where I am. If you drive a lot you will meet some fool at least once a week, sometimes every day. The idea is to get from point X to point Y with as little fuss as possible. You are not going to reform them. Even if they go out of their way to deliberately abuse you on the road it is usually not worth your trouble to confront them. My idea is usually to let them go. Usually. Let them speed down the road and keep their appointed date with destiny and let me not delay that rendezvous.
Old 27th September 2009, 15:12   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You are not going to reform them.
My wife keeps telling me this.
Quote:
Even if they go out of their way to deliberately abuse you...
Mostly they completely ignore me; however much I horn, flash, shout, wave scream, they drive on oblivious to both what they might have done and to the reaction it provoked... They are more developed beings than I!
Old 27th September 2009, 22:46   #82
Senior - BHPian

Do I get provoked? Hell yes; but of late have it under a lot of control.

But today was the day I blew it. Read on...

If the person driving KA03MD8203, a silver Wagon R, is reading this, or one of his friends is, here is the message for you:

Driving the way your did today in the Krishnagiri - Bangalore NHAI highway will take you places, not the kind that either you or your wife would like and definitely not anything in your travel plan.

Going around pushing everyone one off the road, into the divider and all around the road, just to push your way thru is NOT APPRECIATED!

You did it to me, passed; your did it to the white swift, passed, then you proceeded to do to a Ikon and a Qualis!!!

That is when I decided to give you a taste of your own medicine. Not that I am happy about it, but then, I reckon you got the message after that.

Some people are just like that, till then are the victim, they go about doing victimizing others!!!

Take care!
Old 28th September 2009, 14:24   #83
BHPian

Used to , not any more!!!
Don't want to spoil any more drives!!
Old 28th September 2009, 18:05   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
If the person driving KA03MD8203, a silver Wagon R, is reading this, or one of his friends is, here is the message for you:

That is when I decided to give you a taste of your own medicine. Not that I am happy about it, but then, I reckon you got the message after that.

Some people are just like that, till then are the victim, they go about doing victimizing others!!!

Take care!
You should have given him the taste of your Red Bull
Old 28th September 2009, 22:06   #85
BHPian

I avoid getting provoked most of the times, but for one thing that I am not able to: People, especially autorikshaws of Bangalore, come in the right lane near a signal and then try to squeeze into the moving traffic. This is the scene every day and usually I honk loudly and try not to allow the offender to merge in by keeping very close to the vehicle ahead of me.
Old 1st November 2009, 22:32   #86
Senior - BHPian

I think, this behavior has something to do with age as well. In my late 10s and early 20s, I used to get provoked easily. Now, that I'm almost 28, I rarely get that feeling. I feel happy to let a vehicle having more urgency than me overtake me.

But, it does happen once in a while. But then, the way I deal with such a scenario is different. I wait for a chance rather than following bumber to bumber, gets in front, when it's really safe to do so.

As the author of this thread rightly mentioned, "Do not let other drivers influence your style of driving. Drive in a way which is comfortable to you. Do not overtake for the sake of it. Overtake only if you feel that the vehicle in the front is moving at a lower pace than your comfortable speed."
Old 3rd November 2009, 00:04   #87
Senior - BHPian

I used to get provoked very easily. It has reduced quite a bit. I'm very cautious when I drive and feed in with all possible scenarios - whether they'd be an open manhole, whether a parked cars door would pop open, whether someones crossing the road but is hidden from view with the car in front-left of me, etc, etc.

So this is what I do best now.

If a car cuts me off, I'd gauge if he is driving like a lunatic or did it by mistake. If he is a lunatic, then I'd do the following:
- Overtake whenever I get a safe oppurtunity, and drive at a maddeningly slow speed in front of him.
- If its night time, I'd put the upper beam and drive right behind him. If its day time, I'd blow the horn and torture his brains out. Our Qualis headlamps and horns are enough to drive someone crazy.

If he/she did it by mistake, I'd just drive beside and tell him/her to be extra careful.

I've stopped following and pursuing others because it makes no sense and you're just endangering your co-passengers and other people who share the road.
Old 3rd November 2009, 00:29   #88
BHPian

To be honest - Yes
But always been trying to reduce over the years, still not there yet.
Atleast I try to be very cautious when my wife and kid on-board and let all the raging traffic pass especially at traffic signals and jams, by just trying to tell myself that a 5 - 10 min delay will not change anything.
Couple of things that really works for me are as below:
Roll-up the windows and AC on in peak traffic
Listen to your favorite music
Always stick to one lane (on most occasions the right-most), no matter if it is the slowest, because I would trade peace of mind to time-rush anyday ... atleast it is helping my on most occasions
Old 3rd November 2009, 09:57   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Zoom View Post
Couple of things that really works for me are as below:
Roll-up the windows and AC on in peak traffic
Listen to your favorite music
Yeah, this thing really works for me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Zoom View Post
Always stick to one lane (on most occasions the right-most), no matter if it is the slowest, because I would trade peace of mind to time-rush anyday ... atleast it is helping my on most occasions
I hope, you meant the left most ( unless you are not in India )
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:26   #90
BHPian

I do get provoked. But not very easily. It takes too many morons to cut me across to do that. But unfortunately it happens most of the time. I travel around 30 kms to the office at peak hours. I start of sedately and drive courteously. But gradually all the bullying I get along will make me bad tempered and I would be really pissed off by the time I reach office!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks