Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2010, 18:31   #136

Possible solution could be that -- since these stickers are ordered from the store here, it could be embossed with the name of the customer/user before it is shipped out. If the user is careful enough, no issues. But if he is rash and brash as documented below, then there would be a way to know atleast how he got the stickers.

PS: Possible way out of a personal-information mess would be to emboss with a unique id instead of a name, and the team-bhp admins would know who that is.
Old 31st October 2010, 00:21   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
indica of a travels. The name of the travels is "Yes-Yes travels" and its right next to my house.

i.e. Be the change you want
easier said than done. so now Taxi Wallas are also TBHP members?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
He was given those by a tbhp member.

Education is the only way this can happen. People, especially members, need to be told the dangers of unsafe driving.

Cheers
everyone knows the dangers of unsafe driving? do you not overspeed ever? and how do you propose to Educate people or Members on this?
can you actually walk up to a member and tell him / her that you need to correct your driving.
for example "Will" you walk up to GTO and try to correct him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujayvsarma View Post

PS: Possible way out of a personal-information mess would be to emboss with a unique id instead of a name, and the team-bhp admins would know who that is.
50.000 + members. how do you suggest something like this?
Old 31st October 2010, 09:50   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
50.000 + members. how do you suggest something like this?
Not everyone has a sticker-set. You have to order them. The process of ordering them should generate a unique id and map it to the person placing the order. This can be as simple as the Order/Invoice/Shipping/Courier Number itself.

Note from Mod : Unfortunately, none of the solutions mentioned on this thread are viable. Closing thread.

Last edited by GTO : 1st November 2010 at 18:38. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Old 25th November 2010, 17:31   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Bad experience with a BHPian's car

Today afternoon i was driving on mysore road on my bike.Few kms after the NICE road entrance towards mysore i had this black swift honking from behind relentlessly.I had to take a U turn a few hundred meters ahead and hence was in the right lane with the indicators on and there was a bus in the left lane.This swift guy literally pushed me to the divider and squeezed between me and the vehicle on the left lane.When he whizzed by i saw a "GOT BHP?" sticker in the rear bumper!I had my heart in my mouth for a few seconds! Whoever you are,this is not a way to drive a car,especially by a BHPian!
Old 8th December 2010, 15:56   #140
BHPian

Rash driving from a T-Bhpian

Just an information to the particular T-BHPian- buddy, (with a bluish gray safari in Delhi/noida with reg no, ending 09 or 90 and going towards Sector 125 this morning), i understand that you might be in a hurry, but please be careful about other road users too. Yo almost squashed a 2 wheeler between you safari and the high footpath while turning towards sector road after getting down mahamaya flyover.

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th December 2010 at 16:48. Reason: Please use Search before posting, not getting any ideas to stop this, hence closed the thread. Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 22:02   #141
BHPian

How to react when you find a TBHP stickered car driving dangerously?

I have taken up cycling as a fitness routine and am quite enjoying my early morning rides. When my office shifted to Whitefield, I also shifted to a nearby locality, to save commute time (advantage of living in a rented property )

But to my dismay, I found that I had to drive in 1st gear almost the entire way and it was taking almost an hour to cover the 6 km (one way) commute. One thing led to another and I thought commuting to work on my cycle would be a good idea.

So, I started cycling to work and was quite happy that it was taking barely 30 minutes in peak traffic - not to mention the cost savings in fuel. Couple of days back, when I was returning from work, I had a harrowing experience. I need to take a right turn at the signal (near Advaith Hyundai Service Centre, for Bangy folks) onto ITPL main road. I was already on the right lane, close to the median, when the signal turned amber. So, I stopped.

There was a car right behind me, who started honking furiously. Due to traffic density, the car was unable to pass me and beat the signal. Once the signal turned green, I started moving and this car overtook me with barely 6 inches to spare and then cut me off, almost pushing me onto the on-coming traffic turning left. For good measure, the driver also flipped me the finger.

I was aghast to see a TBHP sticker on the car - the GOT BHP? one. The car was a silver Honda city. When I discussed this incident with a friend of mine, also a member here, he mentioned that there were a lot of cars out there with the forum sticker, but owned by non-members. While I do agree that the forum cannot be responsible for the way people drive, I believe that anyone with the forum sticker, should respect the forum. We do advocate safe driving, don't we?

Or am I totally off the mark here?

Rajan

PS: For what it is worth, I reached home safely after passing that car twice. The poor chap was stuck in traffic
PatchyBoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 22:05   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: How to react when you find a TBHP stickered car driving dangerously?

Is this phenomenon of non-members sporting Team-BHP stickers particularly rampant in Bangalore? Why only in Bangalore?
Old 26th August 2011, 22:09   #143
Senior - BHPian

This issue has been mentioned in the tbhp official sticker s thread also. Only way to separate the members from posers is to mandate that every member also get a sticker of their tbhp handle and display it with the tbhp sticker.
Old 26th August 2011, 22:14   #144
Senior - BHPian

You never know, he might as well be a Team-BHP member. Before some of my forum friends pounce on me let me make it clear that the forum does advocate safe driving but at the end of it this is a forum and some members may follow what we preach while some others may not.

Irrespective of the way the guy was driving he was making life unsafe for fellow road users hence i would consider him a bad driver irrespective of the situation. Even i drive fast, only in early mornings when i have to drop my daughter to school in time and full Bangalore traffic conspires against us so as we do not reach her school on time. Hence sometimes i also do have to drive fast but not insane and not unsafe for self and others.
Old 26th August 2011, 22:18   #145
Senior - BHPian

Mayank has summarized it well. We can only advocate safe driving, can't enforce it. Its up to every BHPian to practice what we stand for. Hence forth, post pics of the offending BHPian's car. Maybe we should start a BHPians Hall of Shame thread
sachinj12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 22:27   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Is this phenomenon of non-members sporting Team-BHP stickers particularly rampant in Bangalore? Why only in Bangalore?
Dont know if it's only bangalore, but its actually quite common. I'm not just talking about slightly aggressive driving during traffic peak hours but full-on negligent and RASH

But most of these seem to be the slightly younger members of our community or a non-member driving the car so I ignore it
AdrenalinJunkie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 22:45   #147
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
I need to take a right turn at the signal (near Advaith Hyundai Service Centre, for Bangy folks) onto ITPL main road. I was already on the right lane, close to the median, when the signal turned amber. So, I stopped.
While I am not acting as advocate for the guy who showed you the finger (bless his heart, sounds like he is taking too much stress), it is possible that the guy felt that you have slowed him down and made him miss the signal. The Graphite India signal is a nightmare, who wants to get stuck? Had you not been there, perhaps he might have taken the right turn when the signal was amber. You know, amber is not stop.

OT: Same happened to me today. A slow truck made me lose a signal for a right turn. No issue, as I dont care. But the fun thing was, within a few sec the truck broke the red and ran off!!
dot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 22:47   #148
Senior - BHPian

This is indeed a nice topic. However, the solution does not seem straightforward and direct.

Also, this is certainly not a Bangalore only phenomenon. I have seen a couple of TBHP stickered cars in Mumbai driven quite recklessly and dangerously only not being able to record in snaps or put it down which included some Swift, Innova etc.

Irrespective of if they are true TBHP members or not, it is mostly based upon the moral responsibility felt by self and how they adhere to that. So, at best we can try spread good word about the responsible driving and putting up good examples instead of tarnishing TBHP image like this. Whosoever gives the TBHP stickers to their known persons should also make sure they translate this responsibility to the ones they are giving the stickers.

It certainly boils down to moral responsibility and spreading the awareness and growing good feelings about it within the community and outside community and leave it to people to adhere to it hoping for goodness to prevail in them.
Old 26th August 2011, 22:48   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Going by the sticker spotting thread , it seems like Bangalore has the highest number of vehicles sporting the Tbhp sticker, so it is quite plausible that non members or the general public like to sport them as well due to popularity, as discussed in another thread in the past, tbhp lookalike or copies of the sticker can be easily sourced in sticker shops across Bangalore.

But, I would not suggest that only non members drive rashly or just because someone is driving insanely, he cannot be a part of this forum.

Driving responsibly is not something that comes with sporting a sticker, it has to be ingrained in our minds whether one happens to be a member or not, but knowing Patchyboy personally, I can understand his consternation as he too is a very sensible driver when he's behind the wheel.

Quote:
For good measure, the driver also flipped me the finger.
Finally someone has discovered a good way to acknowledge a fellow Bhpian when on the road .
Lukeskywalker is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 22:48   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
While I am not acting as advocate for the guy who showed you the finger (bless his heart, sounds like he is taking too much stress), it is possible that the guy felt that you have slowed him down and made him miss the signal. The Graphite India signal is a nightmare, who wants to get stuck? Had you not been there, perhaps he might have taken the right turn when the signal was amber.
But I was there

Quote:
You know, amber is not stop.
OT: Same happened to me today. A slow truck made me lose a signal for a right turn. No issue, as I dont care. But the fun thing was, within a few sec the truck broke the red and ran off!!
It is, when you have not already started crossing. Or isn't it? Been stopping at amber all my life

Also, if I try to start crossing on Amber, some impatient soul wanting to turn right would mow me down.

Last edited by PatchyBoy : 26th August 2011 at 23:00.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks