Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2010, 16:22   #121
Senior - BHPian

Probably he was in a hurry to get "spotted" by the honda city, but that is really no excuse for putting others in danger.
Old 12th October 2010, 16:47   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
i brought this up a while back and didn't get any favorable responses. i also had suggested that the stickers be sold only to members and not just anybody, but that too was shot down. anyways, if the community itself isn't bothered, then what the heck!
+1 to the above. only members should sport the TBHP stickers not every autowala, bus wala, takiwala doodhwala etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Probably he was in a hurry to get "spotted" by the honda city, but that is really no excuse for putting others in danger.
next time i will splatter him into a wall. still pissed at this.
Old 12th October 2010, 16:59   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i brought this up a while back and didn't get any favorable responses. i also had suggested that the stickers be sold only to members and not just anybody, but that too was shot down. anyways, if the community itself isn't bothered, then what the heck!
Exactly how do you think we can enforce that only members sport the team-BHP stickers?

Besides, what do you achieve from that?

Not all Team-BHP stickered vehicles belong to Team-BHP members.
Not all Team-BHP members are disciplined drivers, with or without stickers.
Old 12th October 2010, 19:33   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Exactly how do you think we can enforce that only members sport the team-BHP stickers?

Besides, what do you achieve from that?

Not all Team-BHP members are disciplined drivers, with or without stickers.
samurai-san,

the T-BHP stickers are of high quality. anyone who's a BHPian can make out the difference. also, if these are sold only to BHPians (not even newbie's) it becomes a covetted item, not just something that any Tom, Dick and Harry can get off the site.

also, these stickers, when displayed on one's ride, gives a sense of being part of something special!

anyways..
Old 12th October 2010, 21:11   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
samurai-san,

the T-BHP stickers are of high quality. anyone who's a BHPian can make out the difference. also, if these are sold only to BHPians (not even newbie's) it becomes a covetted item, not just something that any Tom, Dick and Harry can get off the site.
To begin with I dont want to start a debate.

Firstly, how do you ensure that Toms, Dicks & Harries dont become member of TBHP. The requirements to become a member are very different from a responsible driver. So, TD&Hs can get the stickers anyways.

Secondly, how about a member procuring for his friends and relatives? How do you propose to keep a check on this?

Yes, it would be a great idea if we can differentiate the members from others, but that wont ensure better driving abilities and it would be difficult to implement.
Old 13th October 2010, 01:14   #126
BHPian

To add to this mess - I saw 5 of the stickers(1,2,3,7,8) in a car accessory shop. All fakes but interestingly a good imitation. Now the owner said he sold a bunch to local people who in my opinion may not have any idea about the forum.

So, sporting a sticker is not the answer or the problem.

Driving right is.

I had a bad day with a Car that had 'WRC' what can I do?

The forum cant be responsible for ills faced by so called bhpians and that too coz of the stickers.
Old 13th October 2010, 09:12   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
To add to this mess - I saw 5 of the stickers(1,2,3,7,8) in a car accessory shop. All fakes but interestingly a good imitation. Now the owner said he sold a bunch to local people who in my opinion may not have any idea about the forum.
Exactly, we are aware of this problem. But there is nothing we can do about that. I don't think we can get the police to raid shops that sell fake Team-BHP stickers.
Old 13th October 2010, 09:40   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not all Team-BHP members are disciplined drivers, with or without stickers
Very strong point!!!

There're few "uncle" drivers out there who're much disciplined & stick to their comfort level without disturbing others on road & I'm very confident, they don't even know "T" of TBhp.

We cannot raid the shops either; so IMO, @Godfather, the maximum you could do is, insult the person by posting the pics here.

Such things are reported in this forum all over
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post1563302

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post1445118

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post1341983

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post1642404
Old 13th October 2010, 10:06   #129
Senior - BHPian

hmm.. since the owner of the safari has not owned up, the number is KA ** * 3095
Old 13th October 2010, 11:27   #130
BHPian

two bad experiences so far:

on one of my numerous official trips to mumbai, came across this mumbai registered silver colored scorpio with Team-Bhp stickers, swerving wildly switching lane to lane and then just before kamshet switching to the left most lane and throwing out a beer bottle while the car was still in motion! I mean the sheer irresponsibility! It could have hit the car following it from behind! The whole group inside was clearly sloshed. The member in question has since been identified and if i ever cross him again, i would be sure to give him a public tongue lashing!

on the second occassion, i was enroute to Goa to attend our bike clubs annual meet in Palolem. A little after Kolhapur, i took the small country road heading towards Amboli when a white/silver colored Honda City with MH43 number, again with the TBhp stickers went zipping past at well over 80kph pushing me off the road onto the shoulder! Classic road bully! Going that fast on a country road is a recipe for disaster!

Quote:
There're few "uncle" drivers out there who're much disciplined & stick to their comfort level without disturbing others on road & I'm very confident, they don't even know "T" of TBhp.
The "T" stands for Team. I dont think bad driving is a criteria for joining a team!

As for the "uncle" taunt, Driving like a maniac doesnt make someone "younger" son: it probably will ensure that he dies young.

Last edited by COUGAR : 13th October 2010 at 11:31.
Old 13th October 2010, 12:51   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Yes, it would be a great idea if we can differentiate the members from others, but that wont ensure better driving abilities and it would be difficult to implement.
i'm just saying there should be a way to identify the members from the non-members. period. wonder why everyone is dragging driving abilities into this!

if a T-BHPian is spotted driving rash, he can be spotted and mentioned on Hall of Shame (or whatever), but at least we would know it WAS a T-BHPian and not just some random nobody with fake stickers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
As for the "uncle" taunt, Driving like a maniac doesnt make someone "younger" son: it probably will ensure that he dies young.
love that!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 13th October 2010 at 12:52.
Old 26th October 2010, 01:22   #132
BHPian

Folks, today on my way back from college i was overtaken by a white swift at close to 60kmph at the madiwala total signal, near silk board. The swift driver would have hit atleast a dozen people waiting at the signal if I would not have flanked left just at the right time. As I was recovering from the situation I glanced up at the swift and the sight I saw spoilt my mood. The white swift had a Live To Drive Sticker. For a moment there I considered removing my LTD sticker, because thanks to guys like these lately vehicles with t-bhp stickers are considered to be rash and reckless. Today with the fakes flooding the market and t-bhp sticker being bought by people who lack common sense, the sticker is losing its essence. I hope people realise the responsibility which comes with the sticker and atleast for the sake of the community use basic road sense.
Old 26th October 2010, 02:05   #133
Team-BHP Support

Well.. I'm going to come clean!

I have switched lanes and driven dangerously in the past. Maybe as recently as a week back. But I'm quite alright 90% of the time. I do stick to one lane and I do stop for amber-lights. But there are days when I just lose it and give it the beans.

So if you see a silver-green Santro with a 'Got BHP?' sticker blasting through traffic like a mental mosquito, I am, in all probability, late for a lecture! But remember, I drive like that very very rarely!
Old 26th October 2010, 07:29   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Exactly, we are aware of this problem. But there is nothing we can do about that. I don't think we can get the police to raid shops that sell fake Team-BHP stickers.
+1.

And just last week when I was in Chennai, I saw the Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Portal sticker [ofcourse fake] on the indica of a travels. The name of the travels is "Yes-Yes travels" and its right next to my house.

So you cannot really control such things.

Rather than trying to point / shame others, it would be always the best to be an example.

i.e. Be the change you want
Old 26th October 2010, 11:17   #135
Senior - BHPian

Nothing can be done about stickers being used by unruly non-forum members. Heck, one of my office cabs sports a couple of stickers!

He was given those by a tbhp member.

As far as unruly driving by members is concerned, maybe we can have severe infractions for video proof of poor driving. But that really isn't solving the issue. Education is the only way this can happen. People, especially members, need to be told the dangers of unsafe driving.

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks