Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2009, 10:33   #76
Senior - BHPian

Honestly, I'd love to see that happen.

I am anyday pissed by the countless number of right-lane crawlers on the gurgaon expressway - who do 60/70 and hog the right lane. Tell you what - next time I'll be giving someone a lift I'll get pics and start a Sunday Drivers' Nuisance thread
Old 6th July 2009, 10:37   #77
Team-BHP Support

Such people exist all over Delhi.
They will drive at 40 in the right lane, parallel to the auto in the middle lane.
So you have to honk honk and in the end cut them off sharply to get on your way.
Old 6th July 2009, 10:37   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodelg View Post
After the barricade was put up, ALL the buses used to stop OUTSIDE the barricade, so that they can move in case the bus in front didn't move. This just made the situation worse since the buses took up most of the road, and the barricaded bus bay was always empty. I don't know what the situation is like now, but this was about a year ago. No idea what can be done to drive some common sense into our drivers!!
i know that bus stop in ulsoor - i stopped going from there!
maybe they should start fining offending bus drivers?
nah forget it, bus drivers union, morcha, strike, more traffic, bus burning fests,

Last edited by jassi : 6th July 2009 at 10:40.
Old 6th July 2009, 10:42   #79
Senior - BHPian

Driving at snail speed on the right side is a very common thing and its painful for the other road users esp the cars, have seen all kinds of vehicles doing this and i really get pissed off when i see a 2 wheeler behaving like a car, best part very few give way after continuous honking.. grrrrrrr

On people parking on the left, after MK Ahmad moved near CMH hospital, its become common for people to double park, i mean already there is 1 line of cars parked and for those who want to get down right in front of the store people make their drivers stop while there is a huge pile up vehicles behind and many times have seen drivers waiting and just 1 car can pass through...

i guess people have lost it!
Old 6th July 2009, 15:48   #80
Senior - BHPian

Guys don't you think the thread is going out of topic, Mods your attention required on this thread.

Please stay to the topic.
Old 6th July 2009, 23:57   #81
Senior - BHPian

back to the topic, keep watching for sliver RS on Wester Express HW
Old 7th July 2009, 04:07   #82
Senior - BHPian

What you do is overtake these slow-movers somehow, anyhow. Then you drive in front of them at 15-20kph for a hundred metres or so and don't let them pass. Done this with buses, scooters, autorickshaws. All of them get the message that they should be driving in left-most lanes and duly obliged
Old 7th July 2009, 09:17   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Guys don't you think the thread is going out of topic, Mods your attention required on this thread.

Please stay to the topic.
+1. I was also wondering if I clicked a wrong thread. Whats going on?
Old 7th July 2009, 09:48   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
What you do is overtake these slow-movers somehow, anyhow. Then you drive in front of them at 15-20kph for a hundred metres or so and don't let them pass. Done this with buses, scooters, autorickshaws. All of them get the message that they should be driving in left-most lanes and duly obliged
+1 to that! Did this today morning, a state transport bus wasn't letting me overtake and he was driving on the right most lane whereas he could've easily moved to the left! Went past him, slowed down to 15 and kept him dragging for 500 meters when he started getting frustrated!
But then point is, they are not the most educated people who drive the buses, and yeah, It might take them time to understand, but people like us, and fellow bhpians like the one in the silver RS, how do you make them understand!
Old 11th July 2009, 00:31   #85
BHPian

Once I saw a car with TBHP sticker on BLR - mysore road, got over exited, chased him down with my lights blinking, horn honking madly. As I over took him, saw the look on his face and slunk below my seat.

Once near metupalayam saw a parked car with TBHP sticker, tried honking and smiling at the guy but he was just staring at me for honking madly.

I have realised my folly, stopped doing such antics now. Anyway havent seen any TBHP stickers after that
best regards
bala
Old 11th July 2009, 00:35   #86
Team-BHP Support

lol. Balan, you gotta either know the guy or give him a thumbs up or mention team-bhp.

My car has a sticker but my dad also drives. If he is driving and some t-bhp member chases him down and honks he is going to give the same look as what you got.
Old 11th July 2009, 14:57   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Maybe a small T-BHP placard on a stick that one can wave?
Old 20th July 2009, 13:02   #88
Senior - BHPian

Saw an Indigo yellow board cab sporting 'Live to Drive' TBHP sticker cutting lanes like there's no tomorrow on BIAL road on Sunday Evening, wonder how these guys get hold of the stickers?
Old 20th July 2009, 13:28   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

@LSW, the owner of that KA-25 xxxx cab is a TBHP-ian.
Old 27th July 2009, 00:54   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Saw an Indigo yellow board cab sporting 'Live to Drive' TBHP sticker cutting lanes like there's no tomorrow on BIAL road on Sunday Evening, wonder how these guys get hold of the stickers?
Sorry to say it,but,mind that, Team-BHP stickers are not sold depending upon the buyers forum reputation.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks