Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2009, 19:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
@f450: Seriously dude? The lesser of the kind above on our roads the better it is.

Anyone seen the ad of Pepsi? "Jaanta hai mera baap kon hai?"
Ohh! f450 must be talking about the things prevailant in the society right now. Judging by that, the family of the victims will be well paid and the police will close the case. Obviously wrong thing, but prevailant.
There have been incidents noted on this forum where a member doctor
stood up as witness and that went in vain as the rich kids family
compensated life and limb with money and the victim agreed.
Not saying this will happen here, but, this has been the way so far.
Old 18th May 2009, 19:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Not good news man. Feel very sorry for the Man who lost his life as well as for the guy who was a freak victim. Not to say feel terrible about Mihir and his friend being involved in this incident. We wont know what and how till we hear it from a reliable source. For the papers, if there is a mishap involving a car and a pedestrian, its always the person's fault who was in the car.

I dont suppose he was careless to do those speeds on a service road. Not trying to blame the poor cyclist but we all have seen the careless travails of many a cyclist.

No, not good at all. Hope Mihir gets out of this allright and prayers for the guy who lost his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Not a newbie Ram. He is using another handle and the particular post is as old as 2005.
Old 18th May 2009, 19:27   #18
BHPian

@spitfire-m glad u watch tv, keep your wisecracks to yourself. u have no idea what happened, no right to play the blame game.

exaggeration is just a part of a journalists job in today's day it seems. so please mods, shut this thread down

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th May 2009 at 19:52. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 18th May 2009, 19:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
Mihir Dharkar, 21, was at the wheel. Dharkar, a resident of Amarnath Tower on Yari Road, Andheri (west), told the cops that he was relative of an MP from Vidarbha, said sources.

At least he'll get out of the case then...a criminal record for someone so young will not bode well. At least it wasn't a hit-and-run case. Kudos to Mihir for being brave and doing the right thing by sticking around.

God bless the family of the victim and may Mihir pull through this as well.
dude?!? These kind of connections are what are pulling the country down.

What do you mean "At least it wasn't a hit-and-run case"? Isn't this bad enough? Someone had to pay with their life! Life will go on for the guy driving but who will help the dead person's family?

Also the TOI article says that the guy with him escaped from the scene.

My condolences to Janardhan Kanaje's family.
Old 18th May 2009, 20:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Mihir is just 20 yrs old? I think all of us should not be judgmental enough to assume that a sports car involved in an accident would mean high speeds, careless, reckless driving etc. For all you know it could be a case of the cyclist jumping onto the road as well?
Killing a cyclist on the spot at sane speeds? I somehow doubt that. Justifying an on-the-spot death of a cyclist probably going at 4-8kph at the hands of a driver in a sports car reportedly going at a high speed is taking a big leap imo. I'll still reserve judgement on whether the cyclist was in the right or wrong since we all know how dangerous the pedestrians are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Mihir is an excellent driver
We all are, until the first time we hit a pedestrian.

Quote:
told the cops that he was relative of an MP from Vidarbha, said sources.
So how soon can we expect him on the streets again?

Pretty sure that if the culprit in question was not a T-BHP member or atleast a friend of some of the members here, a lot of people would support the poor victim. These double standards are shameful in what is an otherwise relatively unbiased/less-biased community.

An apt modification of a saying, "Motoring has always been a race between car companies making faster and and safer cars, and Indian public trying to produce more dangerous drivers. So far, the Indian public is winning."

Another news article here: DNA: Mumbai: Youth arrested for killing cyclist
Quote:
After striking the cyclist, the car struck a rickshaw after which Dharkar attempted to flee but was later caught, police said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by f450
Kudos to Mihir for being brave and doing the right thing by sticking around.
Bravo. Perhaps we should thank the bystanders too then, for insisting him to stay?

Last edited by pranavt : 18th May 2009 at 20:19. Reason: adding new link
Old 18th May 2009, 20:22   #21
BHPian

I'm not going to make any comments on this until the facts are out. I know that people can pop out of lanes and sidewalks without warning. I also know that it takes just a few seconds of speeding to lose control.

At the end, I would not have much sympathies for whoever is the guilty party. I have seen too many accident from both drivers and pedestrians to waste sympathies for the people at fault. If I get into an accident for my fault, I would/do not expect any sympathies for my mistake, because an accident does not affect only the guilty, but can devastate lives of innocents. Yes, I'm being harsh, but that is how I view things. After a certain age of quietly accepting the gross indiscipline on the roads from drivers, 2-wheelers and pedestrians, all sympathies for a guilty party goes away.

Being a TBHPian, I really hope it was not Mehir's fault.
Old 18th May 2009, 20:44   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
dude?!? These kind of connections are what are pulling the country down.

What do you mean "At least it wasn't a hit-and-run case"? Isn't this bad enough? Someone had to pay with their life! Life will go on for the guy driving but who will help the dead person's family?

Also the TOI article says that the guy with him escaped from the scene.

My condolences to Janardhan Kanaje's family.
I meant from Mihir's point-of-view. A hit-and-run is far more serious than negligent and reckless driving.

Let me say I am not defending Mihir, especially if it is true that he was at high speed etc. But it was obviously an accident, nobody wants these things to happen. And as young petrol-heads, we all feel the urge to put our foot down once in a while, if not all the time. And with a car like his, I only can only assume he feels that urge more often.

But looking at a few of the posts from people who know him personally, the general consensus seems to be that he's normally a reasonably safe driver. So for now, I'd like to give him the benefit of doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post

Bravo. Perhaps we should thank the bystanders too then, for insisting him to stay?
You know what I mean...some drivers, especially younger ones just get scared and try to drive off. The fact that he didn't do that, and that he even got out of the car deserves a little praise, if not a lot. I understood his companion "fleeing" as running away after the public started hitting them, and not in the car. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. My sincere condolences to the cyclist and the auto-driver too.
Old 18th May 2009, 20:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

Guys its not right to give a judgement on something we are not sure of. It could be anyone's fault. As i said its very easy to blame someone. Its not that he was looking to run someone down. A number of factors would be in play here. Maybe the re was some technical problem with the car, maybe not.

I dont think its right to give judgemental views on anyone involved in this incident so please refrain and dont be so insensitive.

If you cant add anything sane to this thread, dont say anything please.
Old 18th May 2009, 21:15   #24
BHPian

pic of the car is posted here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...s-india-8.html
Old 18th May 2009, 21:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
You know what I mean...some drivers, especially younger ones just get scared and try to drive off. The fact that he didn't do that, and that he even got out of the car deserves a little praise, if not a lot. I understood his companion "fleeing" as running away after the public started hitting them, and not in the car. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. My sincere condolences to the cyclist and the auto-driver too.
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1256799
"After the accident, furious locals stopped the car and beat up the driver and his companion. They also smashed the windshield of the vehicle," said sub inspector Vijay Mane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1256855
After striking the cyclist, the car struck a rickshaw after which Dharkar attempted to flee but was later caught, police said.
I'm not trying to judge anyone here. Facts being presented by the police are almost never enough to have a 100% correct judgement, but that should then apply to people whom you support too. Just saying that someone is a very good driver doesn't somehow make him perfect and incapable of making a mistake. Nowhere have I said that he did it on purpose.

I'll stay out of this discussion since saying anything even remotely against the herd seems to ruffle a lot of feathers here.
Old 18th May 2009, 22:27   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikin_sampat View Post
@spitfire-m glad u watch tv, keep your wisecracks to yourself. u have no idea what happened, no right to play the blame game.
Why dont you post up what happened and prove me wrong instead?
Old 18th May 2009, 22:36   #27
BHPian

Seriously guys unless you know Mihir personally or what kind of a person he is I think it's better you don't say anything at all!

Mihir has had many years of experience behind the wheel of fast and exotic cars! Owning so many of them himself. He's also had a plethora of experience with racing including the Speed Run and being a proprietor of the Torque Night as well!

It is not right to pass judgment on such an incident.

1) The papers report of Mihir doing triple digit speeds. Mumbaikars know what probability there is of attaining such speeds on a service road at 8pm on a Sunday evening in a place like Vile Parle!

2) We all know of what kind of pedestrians and cyclists we have here in India. Hell even the bikers cut in front of you all of a suden!

3) A person with such experience behind the wheel while sober getting in such an accident does raise suspicion on the others involved!

I feel that most of you wouldn't react so brashly if it were an M800 with someone in their 40s behind the wheel. Seems to me that some rich kid in an exotic out of reach of many in his 20s has to be at fault simply because he has money.

As far as unethical practices go, please reserve your comments as no court date has been given, nor is Mihir in custody considering the injuries he's suffered.

Regards,
DocG

PS: I'm quite disgusted at some of the allegations being made by people who don't even know the person!

PPS: The 40th anniversary skylines were 4 door versions of the R33.
Old 18th May 2009, 22:49   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Seriously guys unless you know Mihir personally or what kind of a person he is I think it's better you don't say anything at all!
Chances are that if you just saw something in the news like this, you would react the same way.

I haven't claimed anything neither will do without facts. Anything I have posted is based on the TOI article, or in response to another member's post.

Also I don't understand why it matters whether we know the person or not? We are only reacting to what we have read in the news - that's how most of us are informed of events.

A similar incident was posted a while ago, where a car mowed down some people in bangalore. I don't recall seeing anyone jumping to the driver's rescue or claiming to hear all sides of the story - why is this situation different?

Either way, I don't mean to be off offense to any member and if I have I apologise.
Old 18th May 2009, 22:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel that most of you wouldn't react so brashly if it were an M800 with someone in their 40s behind the wheel. Seems to me that some rich kid in an exotic out of reach of many in his 20s has to be at fault simply because he has money.
Surprising you've now decided to stoop to such low levels by insulting members here by mentioning something that is so irrelevant. Few people give a rat's *** about the cars he owns or drives, or his bank balances. Though if it bothers you so much, keep that thought in your mind, perhaps it'll help you justify the punishment the fellow might get.

Quote:
PS: I'm quite disgusted at some of the allegations being made by people who don't even know the person!
I'm disgusted at your post and the levels you choose to stoop to. I'm disgusted by the double standards displayed by some members here. Call the waaahmbulance.
Old 18th May 2009, 22:58   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Ok. Point taken.

Now can you make a recommendation to the forces involved to ban such threads based on Newspaper reports to be published on the forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Few people give a rat's *** about the cars he owns or drives, or his bank balances.

I'm disgusted by the double standards displayed by some members here. Call the waaahmbulance.
+1

Its an online forum. If you dont want us to believe the National dailies then tell us why.

Also since you know him so well, is he actually related to an MP from Vidharba?

Last edited by Spitfire : 18th May 2009 at 23:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks