Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2009, 22:27   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikin_sampat View Post
i know what happened, he wasnt driving on the service road, eyewitnesses can say anything, just because the person who says it is an eyewitness doesnt mean he says the truth. please guys no more speculation on what happened based on media reports.
and yes, i know him, and i am taking his side.
ok.

Since the whole world doesn't know the guy, the world goes by the media.

Within media there are different kinds - some we relate to as more trustworthy than others. (Ex: National Newspaper vs evening tabloid)

The article was published in TOI - hence we who don't know the guy go by the news, from a trustworthy source.

What else should we rely on - someone saying their his friend and he's not wrong? Your view will clearly be biased as he is your friend and any friend will protect their friend.

We can only speculate on news reports and will keep doing so.

Also, how can you disregard eye witness's like that? why is your story better than theirs? They were their they saw it happen.
Old 19th May 2009, 22:53   #92
Team-BHP Support

Toi???!

Just a quick point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Within media there are different kinds - some we relate to as more trustworthy than others. (Ex: National Newspaper vs evening tabloid)

The article was published in TOI - hence we who don't know the guy go by the news, from a trustworthy source.
TOI puhleeeeeeeessssssssss its a Tabloid, more than anything else atleast here in BLR!
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2009, 22:57   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Just a quick point.

TOI puhleeeeeeeessssssssss its a Tabloid, more than anything else atleast here in BLR!
ok sorry. my point is we can only get our facts from media.

cheers
Old 19th May 2009, 23:05   #94
Senior - BHPian

so a quick recap taking legalities in to account.

1. Car was modified , Was it certified by RTO to run on road ? If not taking it on street is illegal act.

2. Plastic bumper removed and vehicle made unsafe is it legal ? I am not even talking about FFE without catcon and pollution norms etc which are slow killer and release carcinogen any way.

3. Car on road without a headlight at 8:00 PM surely not as per law.

Now before anyone gives a gyan about how many other violate such traffic laws; remember a law is a law and it is devised to keep street safe if a person gets killed when certain rules are violated responsibilty surely lies with person who broke them.

I am sure in any other law abiding country person breaking laws as above will have license revoked and may be jail term also even in case no one is killed and if a cyclist dies it is a culpable homicide.
Old 20th May 2009, 00:48   #95
BHPian

[quote=amitk26;1311518]so a quick recap taking legalities in to account.

1. Car was modified , Was it certified by RTO to run on road ? If not taking it on street is illegal act.

I know this is an off-topic discussion, but just tell me 1 thing brother? How many cars found on Indian roads which are modded are certified by the RTO. Just because you dont drive a modded car, your thoughts and views about the others differ. And even if you drive one can you tell me how are you suppose to talk aboout other modded cars in general (as i see your post heading straight to such species).

Please note that i dont mean to support any specific person or someone involved or any tuner, but i am damn sure all bhpians would agree to this. If not then mods can feel free to delete my post.

Thanks,
Niki.
Old 20th May 2009, 08:25   #96
Senior - BHPian

[quote=nikibusa;1311617]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post

I know this is an off-topic discussion, but just tell me 1 thing brother? How many cars found on Indian roads which are modded are certified by the RTO. Just because you dont drive a modded car, your thoughts and views about the others differ. And even if you drive one can you tell me how are you suppose to talk aboout other modded cars in general (as i see your post heading straight to such species).
See, there are many modded cars, agreed. But this is one modded car that has met with an accident. All this modded thing will be argued by the lawyer. Thats all. We all love mods!
Old 20th May 2009, 09:11   #97
Senior - BHPian

I do not want to comment on any ways, but I wish that the person having guilty should be punished brutally.

Such people makes the roads unsafe for all.
Old 20th May 2009, 09:38   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Just a quick point.

Its not much different anywhere else too !
Old 20th May 2009, 09:57   #99
Senior - BHPian

[quote=nikibusa;1311617]
Quote:
so a quick recap taking legalities in to account.

Please note that i dont mean to support any specific person or someone involved or any tuner, but i am damn sure all bhpians would agree to this. If not then mods can feel free to delete my post.

Thanks,
Niki.
Well question is not if I drive non modded and you drive modded car.
In case you love modification and your modification meets the standards you can always get NOC from RTO ( If RTO is corrupt and does not approve then also one's standing in court does not change).

Niki in case you drive a modded car and it is not approved just pray that you don't ever get involved in any accident.

1. You will not get 3ed party damages claim so compensation to be payed will be from your pocket.

2. Gravity of offense gets compounded if vehicle is illegal. Law will not take lenient view just because so many people drive modded cars.

A law is a law period , just because you may be a modifier or have spent money in modification does not alter law. Law's are passed by legislature and are often framed by committees working in various ministries keeping general safety standards in mind not by Auto enthusiasts on some internet forum for maximizing fun quotient.
Old 20th May 2009, 10:09   #100
Senior - BHPian

This is very unfortunate. The public had no right to manhandle the driver and his friend. I have always noticed that the public are often the major culprits and the so called eye witnesses are influenced by them. These are nuisance makers and are cowards waiting to throw out their anger on any innocent by stander in any given situation.
If the driver is found guilty he should be punished. However you all know better than me, the judicial system is unpredictable. There is almost nothing in India which money and power cannot buy. This is a hard fact and yet very true.
Also, it is common amongst the view of the public to beat up the person who was driving the bigger,expensive,powerful vehicle. Even if it were no fault of his and the cyclist was solely responsible for the accident, he will be blamed primarily because he was the driver of the motored machine. If the same cyclist were to bang a woman on the street, the cyclist would have been beaten up irrespective of his innocence.
This is the sorry state. All said and done this has resulted in the loss of a life and is very unfortunate.
Old 20th May 2009, 11:09   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

It makes me really sad to see bias in this forum. I thought it was supposed to be neutral whoever the person maybe: newbie, senior, distinguished bhpian or even a mod.

I remember when i had posted a thread on me witnessing an accident where no one was seriously hurt, there was a lot of bashing of the accused kid by the same people defending here.

Burst brake pipes are not an excuse. A burst pipe = zero braking at 20kmph will not kill someone and seriously injure another.

So from what i gather till now: if you are a rally prince, f1 king or a drag queen, you automatically become the safest driver on the road.

So why did the safest driver in the world take out a car with no headlights in the first place? Did he forget to switch on night vision?

PS: I followed this thread closely and kinda knew mihir as a passing acquaintance and thus refrained from posting anything positive or negative (my bias). However, the attitude of some people here is really deplorable and made me post this.
Old 20th May 2009, 11:48   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just a quick point.

I changed to Hindu long back.
Old 20th May 2009, 12:18   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
It makes me really sad to see bias in this forum. I thought it was supposed to be neutral whoever the person maybe: newbie, senior, distinguished bhpian or even a mod.

So from what i gather till now: if you are a rally prince, f1 king or a drag queen, you automatically become the safest driver on the road.

So why did the safest driver in the world take out a car with no headlights in the first place? Did he forget to switch on night vision?

PS: I followed this thread closely and kinda knew mihir as a passing acquaintance and thus refrained from posting anything positive or negative (my bias). However, the attitude of some people here is really deplorable and made me post this.
well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikin_sampat View Post
i know what happened, he wasnt driving on the service road, eyewitnesses can say anything, just because the person who says it is an eyewitness doesnt mean he says the truth. please guys no more speculation on what happened based on media reports.
and yes, i know him, and i am taking his side.
Well if media reports are not be be believed, whom do we believe, the people who know are not willing to share info ? Just wondering what is there to hide ?

Take sides, but be honest to the truth.
A man has died. And that too a poor man. Who is to be blamed for it ?
Old 20th May 2009, 12:53   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post

I remember when i had posted a thread on me witnessing an accident where no one was seriously hurt, there was a lot of bashing of the accused kid by the same people defending here.

Burst brake pipes are not an excuse. A burst pipe = zero braking at 20kmph will not kill someone and seriously injure another.

Exactly. Reading this post I was thinking of your post and the post about the Honda Accord mowing few morning walkers in Bangalore, and amazed by the differences!
Old 20th May 2009, 12:59   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Well question is not if I drive non modded and you drive modded car.
In case you love modification and your modification meets the standards you can always get NOC from RTO ( If RTO is corrupt and does not approve then also one's standing in court does not change).

Niki in case you drive a modded car and it is not approved just pray that you don't ever get involved in any accident.

1. You will not get 3ed party damages claim so compensation to be payed will be from your pocket.

2. Gravity of offense gets compounded if vehicle is illegal. Law will not take lenient view just because so many people drive modded cars.

A law is a law period , just because you may be a modifier or have spent money in modification does not alter law. Law's are passed by legislature and are often framed by committees working in various ministries keeping general safety standards in mind not by Auto enthusiasts on some internet forum for maximizing fun quotient.
Actually in most cases if the visual mods are limited to things like colour or even a mild body kit, you could go crazy with the engine and have a loud FFE it makes no difference. We can always have a mechanic say that the car is original, especially with the imports. Sir what you forget is the fact that we're living in India. Till date in any of my insurance claims, we've never had someone come to inspect the car unless we had just acquired it. They agree to our claims the same day over the phone (Gotta love the country). Similarly in court it's not hard to have your mechanic attest to the "Fact" that the car came this way from the factory...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
This is very unfortunate. The public had no right to manhandle the driver and his friend. I have always noticed that the public are often the major culprits and the so called eye witnesses are influenced by them. These are nuisance makers and are cowards waiting to throw out their anger on any innocent by stander in any given situation.
If the driver is found guilty he should be punished. However you all know better than me, the judicial system is unpredictable. There is almost nothing in India which money and power cannot buy. This is a hard fact and yet very true.
Also, it is common amongst the view of the public to beat up the person who was driving the bigger,expensive,powerful vehicle. Even if it were no fault of his and the cyclist was solely responsible for the accident, he will be blamed primarily because he was the driver of the motored machine. If the same cyclist were to bang a woman on the street, the cyclist would have been beaten up irrespective of his innocence.
This is the sorry state. All said and done this has resulted in the loss of a life and is very unfortunate.
I absolutely agree with you, the public however being the irrational trigger happy folk that they are don't seem to pause to reason. They do first and talk later. Also all those who've come out to talk about the law and offense etc. Are you aware that those who assaulted Mihir and Sujit have also commited a crime! And from what it seems it could even account to attempted murder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
Take sides, but be honest to the truth.
A man has died. And that too a poor man. Who is to be blamed for it ?
Precicesly HOW THE HELL DO WE KNOW! The courts have not even taken up the case yet! Police have not declared any new statements pertaining to this case. So you're gonna base your entire accusation on the initial media reports? Now that's just retarded. None of us said that Mihir was innocent or guilty. We're just requesting that everyone else hold their convictive opions to themselves till there is some light shed on the situation.

DocG

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks