Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2009, 16:06   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
This thread reminds me once again that we humans are biased towards ppl that we know "personally".
I totally agree with you, alpha1..

Feel bad for the poor cyclist who got killed. The guilty shouldn't be let to walk free of this. But of course, if the driver has got political connections, it will the another case that gets closed, biasedly.

Will be interesting to see if those [who claim to know the actual story but don't have it in them to put it down here] that are supporting the driver now [care less who it is] will still be doing it, if the cyclist is replaced by someone they know and is more dearer to them than the driver of the car...??
Old 19th May 2009, 16:20   #77
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Right! The cyclist also could have been doing very high speeds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
Mihir Dharkar, 21, was at the wheel. Dharkar, a resident of Amarnath Tower on Yari Road, Andheri (west), told the cops that he was relative of an MP from Vidarbha, said sources.

At least he'll get out of the case then...a criminal record for someone so young will not bode well. At least it wasn't a hit-and-run case. Kudos to Mihir for being brave and doing the right thing by sticking around.

God bless the family of the victim and may Mihir pull through this as well.
Sticking around?? I don't think he had an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
I meant from Mihir's point-of-view. A hit-and-run is far more serious than negligent and reckless driving.

Let me say I am not defending Mihir, especially if it is true that he was at high speed etc. But it was obviously an accident, nobody wants these things to happen. And as young petrol-heads, we all feel the urge to put our foot down once in a while, if not all the time. And with a car like his, I only can only assume he feels that urge more often.
This is called reckless driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Chances are that if you just saw something in the news like this, you would react the same way.

I haven't claimed anything neither will do without facts. Anything I have posted is based on the TOI article, or in response to another member's post.

Also I don't understand why it matters whether we know the person or not? We are only reacting to what we have read in the news - that's how most of us are informed of events.

A similar incident was posted a while ago, where a car mowed down some people in bangalore. I don't recall seeing anyone jumping to the driver's rescue or claiming to hear all sides of the story - why is this situation different?

Either way, I don't mean to be off offense to any member and if I have I apologise.
Well Said

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29 View Post

And yes if you think i am taking his side or something, then yes i am doing it because i know what has happened...
Kindly enlighten us. It will put an end to this thread or atleast give a conclusive direction.

I believe even if the cyclist was in the wrong lane, what speed would our man be doing, that the impact took the cyclists life, and after the impact there was another collision with the rickshaw.

Even though if the speed is 'speculative' at 8 P.M to do speeds where, a life is taken is ridiculous.

Also this is for the people who said why out of 250 deaths only 1 is highlights, I shall take a recent example, on our Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home, we have a thread of a hummer totalling a swift, very little was written about that, even that had the same ingredients, imported car, high speeds.

But the diff in my opinion is, no life was lost.

Here a guys life is GONE.

If we should not blame fingers at Mihir for rash driving, I request that we also should not say that he was a good driver and it was the other party at fault.
Old 19th May 2009, 16:23   #78
BANNED

Remember if someone on road gets killed even if its not drivers fault, court orders 50K to be given by the driver at any case.Rest depends upon situation.
Old 19th May 2009, 16:32   #79
Senior - BHPian

Thats sad let the soul of the departed rest in peace , the injured recover fast and be out of harms way as soon as possible.

I also hope that people recognize the trauma the driver also goes through after such an incident. It takes quite sometime to get over it , i just pray that he gets through this fast and has enough tenacity to face the upcoming and predictably loooong legal tussle.
Old 19th May 2009, 17:29   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The car looks like it did not have a complete paintjob. So maybe the build was not complete and Mihir and his co passenger where testing something when something went wrong. Since the co driver is brother of AR motorsports owner it could be possible that the car was under test. Testing in a crowded area is not a very good idea.
not only that, the car looked to me like the car did not have headlights bumper etc at all in the first place and number plate was just a cardboard. The soft plastic bumper etc are designed to improve pedestrian impact so with all those sharp edges the car is now a hi speed weapon.

plus you got a drag enthusiast taking out a 600 bhp car and is probably checking out some newly done mods. recipe for disaster.
Old 19th May 2009, 17:31   #81
BHPian

Expected. Yet another thread with loads of flaming. Wait for every hour to get updates and at the end keep the mods busy editing and thinking which post to edit and so on???
Old 19th May 2009, 18:37   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_is_here View Post
The car shown in the pic is in shambles. Not because of the accident it caused but because the bystanders lost their temperament. Now, people do not get whimsical and bludgeon a car if both the cyclist and the auto driver were irrational and if the guy in question was doing a decent speed. Right?
I agree with your point about the people having harmed the car. However I don't really know how rational the Indian public are. In the last 4 years I've been in Mumbai,
I've seen "bandhs" because a particular political party felt insulted.
I've witnessed activists hurling stones at cars passing by in Navi Mumbai due to some election fiasco.
The breaking into the JJ hospital dorms and beating up of all the students from a particular state by some political activists (The complaint was that they occupied the loos for too long in the morning)
Also the numerous buses which have been torched for whatever reason.
And the recent incidents in which North Indians were targeted.

So I do question the irrational whimsical nature of the aam janta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
Kindly enlighten us. It will put an end to this thread or atleast give a conclusive direction.
Also this is for the people who said why out of 250 deaths only 1 is highlights, I shall take a recent example, on our Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home, we have a thread of a hummer totalling a swift, very little was written about that, even that had the same ingredients, imported car, high speeds.
1) Sorry, but as of now the story cannot be shared, so please people stop requesting the same. It will come out in due course.
2) Did you also know that in the case of the Hummer that the driver and all passengers on board were drunk? That doesn't apply to this case at all! Also did you see or hear any hue or cry about why there wasn't any court proceeding afterwords. Also the police didn't reach the scene of the accident till about 2-2.5 hours later, and the car had been towed by then. Perhaps more should have been said here!
3) Also none are asking you to blame the cyclist, just don't be so quick to point fingers until the verdict is out, hell even we don't know what the entire situation is like, the judicial process hasn't even started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
not only that, the car looked to me like the car did not have headlights bumper etc at all in the first place and number plate was just a cardboard. The soft plastic bumper etc are designed to improve pedestrian impact so with all those sharp edges the car is now a hi speed weapon.
Good observation, quite close too. SO now everyone can see that the damage to the car is actually minimal. Hence we don't really know how the cyclist came in the line of the car or if the car lost control etc. What we do know is that a man died, and for that we should all mourn. Blaming someone doesn't make another come back.

Let's bring this flame war to an end and please let the legal process take it's course.

DocG
**Your opinions are all welcome, but frankly whatever we have to say is all speculation, so please don't say it with such conviction as frankly none of us really know what happened, it's only between those 4 people that the real story is**

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th May 2009 at 19:54. Reason: Editing out religion and regional references. We DONOT entertain discussions of such nature. Thanks.
Old 19th May 2009, 19:01   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Good observation, quite close too. SO now everyone can see that the damage to the car is actually minimal. Hence we don't really know how the cyclist came in the line of the car or if the car lost control etc.
So was the car on the road without headlights? at 8pm in the night?
Old 19th May 2009, 19:45   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
[b]S and being a proprietor of the Torque Night as well!
Just a clearifcatiob before people start something about this, mihir was just a participant. Shoheb was the organizer of torquenite..
Old 19th May 2009, 20:34   #85
Senior - BHPian

Just saw the pic of the car. Looks like it was being worked upon. Judging by the putty patches. Also it seems to me,(maybe im wrong) that the bumper, grille lights etc were not even placed on the car (if the bumper was there it might have been put loosely), not expecting a crash. Looks like he was just aching to take a spin.

This brings it closer to my theory that something unavoidable happened, perhaps like a brake line burst or something drastic. Not trying to absolve Mihir (i dont even know him, just met him once) but this car would have looked damaged even if it were standing in the work shop. He was not doing just 20 km for sure, maybe three times that speed which is enough to kill someone. See the sharp edges on the bonnet.

All things said, someone who knows the truth (read as knows Mihir too) should spill the beans.
Old 19th May 2009, 20:51   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
So was the car on the road without headlights? at 8pm in the night?
Exactly that came to my mind when i read this below!
Any reasons?
Old 19th May 2009, 20:54   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Exactly that came to my mind when i read this below!
Any reasons?
As i said in my post above, i have a feeling there were no headlights fixed on the car when it was taken for a spin. My guess is it was taken straight from the garage where it was being painted. Hence no lights, poor visibility, unfortunate cyclist happened to be there in the wrong time and the rest is sad history.
Old 19th May 2009, 21:27   #88
BHPian

i know what happened, he wasnt driving on the service road, eyewitnesses can say anything, just because the person who says it is an eyewitness doesnt mean he says the truth. please guys no more speculation on what happened based on media reports.
and yes, i know him, and i am taking his side.
Old 19th May 2009, 21:45   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikin_sampat View Post
i know what happened, he wasnt driving on the service road, eyewitnesses can say anything, just because the person who says it is an eyewitness doesnt mean he says the truth. please guys no more speculation on what happened based on media reports.
and yes, i know him, and i am taking his side.
Actually, its the courts that go by eyewitness' testimony/theory.
Old 19th May 2009, 21:51   #90
Senior - BHPian

if you know what happened then talk. if you can question the eyewitness about lying how do we know you are not... Talk sense buddy. He is your friend fair enough.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks