Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2015, 10:46   #9976
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Today's commute from Indiranagar to ITPL took 80 minutes and for the first time I saw the slowness in traffic movement begin just after Whitefield Honda itself (near the ORR junction), usually it's quite fast in this section upto Phoenix market city.

But today was different, it was slow moving all the way till Hoodi junction. After that, traffic was thin and it was a fast ride which was another surprise
Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
I was driving in the reciprocal direction and had to spend about 45 minutes to cross the Brigade metropolis stretch. There was no special reasons for this blockage. Only logical conclusion was the traffic entering from the Garudarachapalya road for some reason had created a grid lock for both lanes of this road. This had resulted in traffic backing up almost to KRpuram from Krpuram side and Shell petrol bunk on the reciprocal road from Graphite India.
How is the condition of ABB Junction - Hoodi? It was dug up when I travelled a month back.
Old 20th November 2015, 11:19   #9977
Senior - BHPian

Took one hour to cover a distance of < 5KM, from Bellandur to Kadubesanahalli
Old 20th November 2015, 11:20   #9978
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
How is the condition of ABB Junction - Hoodi? It was dug up when I travelled a month back.
The dug up portion has been filled with mud and some cement dust and is still pathetic all the way from ABB to Hoodi. On the other side of the median, same situation with BWSSB just recently completing the work. They're now working on the Zuri side, I just don't understand what they're doing for so long
Also, in a few months we will have 2 or 3 new contributors to traffic pile ups:
-the hotel inside Prestige Shanthiniketan campus will open soon
-work on the mall inside PSN campus is also progressing fast and
-right opposite PSN, Manipal Hospital is coming up and work is progressing at a quick pace there as well
Even more crazier days ahead for Whitefield traffic
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 11:25   #9979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was driving in the reciprocal direction and had to spend about 45 minutes to cross the Brigade metropolis stretch. There was no special reasons for this blockage. Only logical conclusion was the traffic entering from the Garudarachapalya road for some reason had created a grid lock for both lanes of this road. This had resulted in traffic backing up almost to KRpuram from Krpuram side and Shell petrol bunk on the reciprocal road from Graphite India.
Krishna temple road which is on the backside of brigade metropolis and an escape route for traffic has been dug up and as a result all traffic from Garudarachapalya is landing up at the Whitefield Road junction. I spend half an hour in this traffic snarl as well. Pathetic!
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 11:52   #9980
Senior - BHPian

They should build flyovers into the tech parks that should continue a kilometre or so into the park. Take some of their land and help them build flyovers. These hold as much population as small towns/cities with everyone owning vehicles.

I remember D K Shivakumar parting some of his land (3.5 acres near Binny mill) in return for a bridge into his complex that he would build later !
Old 20th November 2015, 11:53   #9981
BHPian

The stretch between agara and IOC petrol bunk ORR was completely blocked on both sides due to grid lock at 19th main junction. As usual the side towards iblur was backed up due to morning traffic . The traffic from 19th main turning left towards iblur blocked the intersection which means that the agara to 19th main stretch was also blocked. No body wants to give an inch and so there was complete grid lock. The road after the petrol bunk towards silk board was completely empty...
Old 20th November 2015, 12:27   #9982
BHPian

Quote:
Also, in a few months we will have 2 or 3 new contributors to traffic pile ups:
-the hotel inside Prestige Shanthiniketan campus will open soon
-work on the mall inside PSN campus is also progressing fast and
-right opposite PSN, Manipal Hospital is coming up and work is progressing at a quick pace there as well
Even more crazier days ahead for Whitefield traffic
One more big commercial complex from Brigade coming up between ITPL and Brigade Tech Park, infront of container yard. When this starts functioning people travelling from Whitefield side can expect more frustrating ride.
Old 20th November 2015, 13:33   #9983
Distinguished - BHPian

Just noticed that traffic police have opened up the barricades just before the Intel flyover and were allowing vehicles coming from Iblur/Agara side to take a U Turn here. Most of these vehicles are obviously headed into Ecospace and after taking the U Turn were cutting diagonally across and queuing up to get into Ecospace.

This in turn messed up the traffic coming from Marathahalli side and it was backed up till the end of the Intel flyover. This was at 1PM when normally it is clean run through the Ecospace area.

Hope this was due to some temporary situation and not some new experiment being attempted.
Old 20th November 2015, 13:40   #9984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Just noticed that traffic police have opened up the barricades just before the Intel flyover and were allowing vehicles coming from Iblur/Agara side to take a U Turn here. Most of these vehicles are obviously headed into Ecospace and after taking the U Turn were cutting diagonally across and queuing up to get into Ecospace.

This in turn messed up the traffic coming from Marathahalli side and it was backed up till the end of the Intel flyover. This was at 1PM when normally it is clean run through the Ecospace area.

Hope this was due to some temporary situation and not some new experiment being attempted.
I am seeing this every day as of last week. I don't what they are trying to do. Maybe trying to divert traffic from the horrid , nightmarish patch in front of Intel campus where the patchwork by BBMP has turned this road in a slushy patch with water flowing.
BBMP providing off-roading thrills free for the Bangalore public.
ambivalent_98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 13:43   #9985
BHPian

Quote:
Today's commute from Indiranagar to ITPL took 80 minutes and for the first time I saw the slowness in traffic movement begin just after Whitefield Honda itself (near the ORR junction), usually it's quite fast in this section upto Phoenix market city.

But today was different, it was slow moving all the way till Hoodi junction. After that, traffic was thin and it was a fast ride which was another surprise
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Krishna temple road which is on the backside of brigade metropolis and an escape route for traffic has been dug up and as a result all traffic from Garudarachapalya is landing up at the Whitefield Road junction. I spend half an hour in this traffic snarl as well. Pathetic!
Interestingly Google map driving directions has improved drastically recently. This morning google map was advising me to route via an alternate route but I ignored the same and got stuck at the jam mentioned in my post earlier. Same thing happened last evening. It appears to be tracking traffic fairly accurately and suggesting faster routes which appears to be reliable. Guys please check and update your opinion.
MODS this should have been posted on the google maps thread but I am sure most Bangalore commuters will find this useful.
Old 20th November 2015, 18:58   #9986
BHPian

ALERT - Hebbal flyover towards KR Puram is choc a bloc with traffic. The pile up is from Hebbal upto Manyata and Beyond.
This is at 6pm on 20th Nov
raghuram.cg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 19:42   #9987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
ALERT - Hebbal flyover towards KR Puram is choc a bloc with traffic. The pile up is from Hebbal upto Manyata and Beyond.
This is at 6pm on 20th Nov
7 PM and the jam towards Manyata from Hebbal side has extended upto almost till the flyover near big bazaar on ORR. Traffic on service road is moving slowly. No idea what's behind this jam as I have never seen one so bad on this stretch before.
Google shows traffic on airport road elevated highway towards city backed up till above big market.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 20:07   #9988
Distinguished - BHPian

Terrible state, even I can't remember this something like this!
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20151120-20.04.37.jpg  

itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 20:36   #9989
Senior - BHPian

To make matters worse, two trees uprooted near Mekhri circle bus stop towards hebbal after the rain. This was at around 7 PM and I had already passed the spot by then. The tree has been removed now tweets BTP.

Just now BTP posts in their FB page that another tree uprooted near Sadashivnagar police station slowing traffic from yesvantpur towards Mekhri circle.
Total chaos in North Bangalore roads today
Old 21st November 2015, 09:58   #9990
BHPian

Quote:
Interestingly Google map driving directions has improved drastically recently.
I have been using the maps off late to check for traffic before I leave office. The travel is from Malleshwaram to Old Airport Road, hence multiple route options are available and the data shown is about 80% accurate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks