Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2020, 20:59   #3286
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Traffic and life on the roads in Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Rhetorical question #2 - Why do you think they came here in the first place?
And how much more does he think employers would have been paying workers? And how they are going to struggle now those people have gone home.
Old 20th June 2020, 08:25   #3287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
How’s the scene outside your home? Do people adhere to the self imposed lockdown?
This is the scene at 7:30 PM yesterday on the ever busy Madambakkam Main Road, branching out of Tambaram- Velachery Main Road. Sorry for the pic clarity
Attached Thumbnails
Traffic and life on the roads in Chennai-937146dbcb654b8a909bfcd8896552a7.jpeg  

Last edited by saisree : 20th June 2020 at 08:27.
saisree is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 12:11   #3288
BHPian

Toll collections have started on OMR road in Chennai. Also there are dedicated FASTAG lanes. For people who have Local Resident Pass(LRP), any idea how to link LRP to Fastag so that they are not charged for using fastag lanes?
kiran_cr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 15:36   #3289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Toll collections have started on OMR road in Chennai. Also there are dedicated FASTAG lanes. For people who have Local Resident Pass(LRP), any idea how to link LRP to Fastag so that they are not charged for using fastag lanes?
Toll collection on ECR has also begun. For LRP, they're currently following the old system where we go ahead and physically hand over the LRP card to the toll booth operator.

It would be interesting to see the integration of LRP and Fastag.

Additionally, the ECR-Kelambakkam Road is being widened and it seems like they will be adding one more toll booth on each side. Much needed!
Old 2nd August 2020, 16:06   #3290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Contact the toll operator's office at the Perungudi end of the tollgate.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 11:42   #3291
BHPian

Quote:
Contact the toll operator's office at the Perungudi end of the tollgate.
I checked at the Perungudi toll plaza office, they mentioned that LRP and FASTAG linkage will be done in about a month "automatically", till then LRP holders should use CASH ONLY lanes. I repeatedly asked them if we as users have to do anything in the linkage process, they replied in negative. Im not sure how the linkage will happen automatically. Any views on this?
kiran_cr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 11:45   #3292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked at the Perungudi toll plaza office, they mentioned that LRP and FASTAG linkage will be done in about a month "automatically",
Most likely just based on the car license number.
Old 7th August 2020, 11:55   #3293
BHPian

Quote:
Most likely just based on the car license number.
Yes even i thought so. In that case will they "debit" the toll amount from Fastag balance and "reimburse" later or at run time itself will it recognise the fastag as an LRP, is what is to be seen. I will test it after about a month and see.
Old 7th August 2020, 13:51   #3294
BHPian

Quote:
Yes even i thought so. In that case will they "debit" the toll amount from Fastag balance and "reimburse" later or at run time itself will it recognise the fastag as an LRP, is what is to be seen. I will test it after about a month and see.
Me too waiting for the solution. I would guess, if both are linked, when we pass through Fastag lanes, it would recognise the LRP and will let go without any debit. That is how it should be programmed in my opinion.

Swami
Old 7th August 2020, 15:59   #3295
Distinguished - BHPian

Went out yesterday for the first time in four months for a necessary doctor visit. While we were out we just drove around a couple of sentimental sites and took a look at the sea from the car. All within 10km. Late afternoon, early evening.

It was amazing! There was very little traffic, and almost all of it was driving within bounds of sanity. It was like driving here around twelve years ago, when the huge expansion in number of vehicles just got started. I even drove around the Kapaleeswara Mada Streets without any major jam.

Obviously it isn't going to stay this way. Selfish pleasure aside, I have to say I hope it isn't, because, like most, I really want us to be able to return to our normal lives.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 15:04   #3296
BHPian

Quote:
In that case will they "debit" the toll amount from Fastag balance and "reimburse" later or at run time itself will it recognise the fastag as an LRP, is what is to be seen.
Went through ECR-Kelambakkam toll gate yesterday and I showed them the LRP. Received a message about them debiting my FasTag a day later, so I reached out to the toll helpline in Uthandi — the person over there took my complaint but said "We will check the camera footage and see if you had shown the local resident pass to the toll booth operator from far away. If you did, we will refund the amount, if not, there will be no refund."

Not sure if this is the best way to handle the scenario but let's see how it works out in the long run.
Old 12th August 2020, 20:54   #3297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanski View Post
Went through ECR-Kelambakkam toll gate yesterday and I showed them the LRP. Received a message about them debiting my FasTag a day later,

Which lane did you use? I travelled through almost all the toll plazas in and around OMR in the last few days. Always used the CASH/PASS Lane. Avoided FASTAG lanes exactly for this reason. Hope in a month LRP details would get added to FASTAG and in that case we can use any lane.
Old 12th August 2020, 22:22   #3298
BHPian

Quote:
Which lane did you use?
So there's just one booth on either sides of the ECR-Kelambakkam toll gate — they're expanding it right now, but the FasTag+LRP integration is probably going to be implemented quicker as compared to the completion of the construction work.
Old 13th August 2020, 12:14   #3299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanski View Post
So there's just one booth on either sides of the ECR-Kelambakkam toll gate — they're expanding it right now, but the FasTag+LRP integration is probably going to be implemented quicker as compared to the completion of the construction work.

Are you referring to the toll booth on K.K.Salai which connects Sholinganallur to ECR? If so, i just went through the same and back yesterday evening. I usually goto the Apollo Pharmacy opp to CMWSSB pumping station very frequently. There are 2 lanes on each direction one for FASTAG and other for CASH/PASS. I used the cash lane for my LRP and didnt have any issues like debiting of FASTAG balance.
Old 13th August 2020, 12:17   #3300
BHPian

Quote:
Are you referring to the toll booth on K.K.Salai which connects Sholinganallur to ECR?
Nope, it's the one further down south connecting Kelambakkam to Kovalam. Here's the toll booth on Google Maps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks