Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:37   #16
BHPian

The single *MOST* irritating thing is when reckless drivers attempt to overtake you thoroughly knowing that there is no room to get between you and the vehicle in front of you and finally push you out of the road as if you don't pay road-tax!
Old 4th March 2010, 12:53   #17
BHPian

People and two wheeler riders peeping/staring into clear glass windows of any car. The Lhasa we have often misbehaves when there is bumper to bumper traffic and comes on my lap while I am driving.
Old 4th March 2010, 14:02   #18
BHPian

I get distracted when I see pillion ladies hugging the rider indecently.
Old 5th March 2010, 20:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
Well as the topic suggests i am sure we all have some silly little things that just irritates you while you plan on having a pleasant drive. I personally just lost it if there's

- bad music (at times you cant help it as your passengers dont care about ur choices at all)

- passengers and their nonstop/nonsense "blah-blah-blah"

- passengers keeps changing directions and destinations
- this is typically when you are off for a decent drive and your friends bugg you by giving all the possible shortcuts and directions, e.g: "take left, no no its one way; take right, right,right".

- useless honking from behind at signals
-
as soon as the signal turns green, evn before you puton the 1st gear and start, everyone just starts honking as if you are the only one holding on the traffic

- AC not working

lets bring on those list and help each other on ways to help you keep your cool.
hey main distractions are the girls wearing tight fit clothes ... common guys who doesn't give a second look to them while driving maximum accidents because of that.. :P
Old 5th March 2010, 21:41   #20
BHPian

For me the most irritating thing when i am driving is, two wheelers and auto's that squeeze in between your car and the car in front when stuck in traffic(especially two wheelers they squeeze in from all sides).

The most distracting thing while driving is someone sitting with you nagging about each and everything on the road.
Old 6th March 2010, 01:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque.steer View Post
hey main distractions are the girls wearing tight fit clothes ... common guys who doesn't give a second look to them while driving maximum accidents because of that.. :P
I think it's only the amatuer drivers who have accidents because of that! The experienced drivers know how to multitask.
aparth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2010, 11:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

Here's my list of irritants :

1. Passengers who suddenly ask their autorickshaw drivers to stop at an intersection / turning, leaving those driving behind all at sea. Passengers flagging down autorickshaws at corners/junctions, leading to the same effect. I feel autorickshaw bays must be created at frequent intervals on roads, on the lines of bus bays, to solve these problems.

2. Traffic cops looking the other way when bus drivers stop suddenly just after traffic signals, on the centre of the road, causing traffic pile ups behind them.

3. Blare of horns, as soon as the traffic signal turns green!

Distraction (a real dangerous one !) :
Hoardings with good looking models / catchy displays, especially hoardings that become visible when you are climbing atop a flyover. I am sure many guys fall off flyovers because of this! Something needs to be done here as well, I guess.
Old 6th March 2010, 12:00   #23
BHPian

#1 Irritant - Crazy fools talking on the cellphone while driving/riding/crossing road.

#2 Irritant - Bus/Auto/Call taxi/minidor driving styles.

#3 Irritant - Almost everything on the road.
Old 6th March 2010, 13:43   #24
kkg
BHPian

1. Cars in the fast lanes driving at 20-30 kms/hr, you drive from left hand side and realise the sir is busy on his mobile. WOW.

2. You are in front of everybody on a red signal and the guy behind you wants you to break the signal.. mind you the guy could be anybody on a bike, in car even a rickshaw wala.

3. Lineas and Puntos on the other side of the road

4. Last but not the least, Beauties in flesh (other than cars).
Old 7th March 2010, 23:57   #25
BHPian

Insulting bumper stickers? Someone pasted a big middle finger sticker behind his tweety yellow wagon-r. When overtaking him, I felt like showing him a real one :-) Then today was behind a slow santro written "eat my dust" in large fonts in rear. Oh the irony. I guess they just show a bad taste.

Kousik
Old 8th March 2010, 00:04   #26
BHPian

i get quite irritated with fly's 7 mosquitoes in the car. apart from this, i get damn pissed when someone is honking for no reason, trying to cut me off my line, and the mother of all, small & subtle rattling noises in the care. they get into my nerve really bad and i can be at my murderous mood
Old 8th March 2010, 11:34   #27
BHPian

High beam in vehicle coming from opposite side in a well illuminated city road..the glare from the light just irritates me.
Old 8th March 2010, 16:21   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
Insulting bumper stickers? Someone pasted a big middle finger sticker behind his tweety yellow wagon-r. When overtaking him, I felt like showing him a real one :-) Then today was behind a slow santro written "eat my dust" in large fonts in rear. Oh the irony. I guess they just show a bad taste.

Kousik
lol.. you bet.

I have seen this Zen couple of times near KR puram.. it has quotes

"Noone dies Virgin, Ultimately Life %$^# all"

It looks so stupid and I wonder how these guys take the cars home with these vulgar stuff.
Old 4th February 2011, 11:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

re: Things that irritate/distract you while driving

Add this!! You wait and cross the junction where the signal has stopped working, with the headlights on, and suddenly a car(in my case a wagon R) comes from the perpendicular road(opp. direction) without caring for the headlights of yours or indicator of yours and zips past you showing his middle finger!!

If I get that man again I am sure will remove his middle finger of its place!
Old 4th February 2011, 12:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

re: Things that irritate/distract you while driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Add this!! You wait and cross the junction where the signal has stopped working, with the headlights on, and suddenly a car(in my case a wagon R) comes from the perpendicular road(opp. direction) without caring for the headlights of yours or indicator of yours and zips past you showing his middle finger!!
If I get that man again I am sure will remove his middle finger of its place!
I really wish you get hold of that fellow, I have had a couple of cases where I have felt similarly.
A pet peeve of mine is a backseat driver.
The kind of person accompanying you in the car that keeps instructing you on how to drive:
-now change to 3rd, now 2nd
-clean the glass
-show right indicator, etc
why dont they just shut up & join a driving school

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks