Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2013, 14:58   #46
BHPian

Re: Abuse of position on Indian roads by officials

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_diavolo View Post
Braj, there is no data collected upon punching license, they just punched my friends license and walked away, nothing was even taken on record even on the challan, hence I am sure the Duplicate license comes with no punches on it.
Down south, it was never mandatory to carry original driving license or RC or other docs. Just a photocopy of it should be enough.
'Punching' won't work here.
iamswift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 12:42   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
Down south, it was never mandatory to carry original driving license or RC or other docs. Just a photocopy of it should be enough.
'Punching' won't work here.
I love South India even more now, the fantastic scenic views, amazing friends and now no punching of license tops my list
gaurav_diavolo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 13:06   #48
BHPian

Can this be treated as misuse of Power?

Abuse of position on Indian roads by officials-roadrage.jpg

Picture courtesy: Dinamalar.com

Cheers!!
M
Mister_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 18:47   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
Can this be treated as misuse of Power?

Cheers!!
M
Defn yes its misuse of power, but reading the text I understand that he had driven over his leg and is very much his reaction esp being in authority.
Old 29th January 2014, 19:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
Defn yes its misuse of power, but reading the text I understand that he had driven over his leg and is very much his reaction esp being in authority.
No one has the authority to physically assault someone. A person can be booked for an offence, one cant carry out the punishment himself whoever it is. But again this is India and if such things go to court, there would be million such incidences everyday.

Coming to the topic in this thread, I feel writing Govt of India, Govt of Karnataka, President of some organization should all be banned. Its just another way of bullying.

I dont know why defense vehicles have their own numbering when they are also normal citizen drivers on the road.

Last edited by srishiva : 29th January 2014 at 19:26.
Old 30th January 2014, 17:02   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post

I dont know why defense vehicles have their own numbering when they are also normal citizen drivers on the road.
Because Defense Vehicles are not registered with your civil RTO. Moreover, the vehicles move with the formations and it wont be very good for security to advertise the location of the formation from the registration number of its transport. And also, whats wrong with the the present system?
wanderernomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 17:52   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Because Defense Vehicles are not registered with your civil RTO. Moreover, the vehicles move with the formations and it wont be very good for security to advertise the location of the formation from the registration number of its transport. And also, whats wrong with the the present system?
Its hard to remember the number if they are involved in an accident. There are no records of the vehicles in the transport department so how do they track them.

What formations have to do with vehicles for example used in Bengaluru? They are just normal people carrying vehicles.
Old 30th January 2014, 19:50   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
Does the law give rights to a police man to hit another person?
That's why I advocate, using all available resources to fight the policemen.

While most of the policemen are normal, nice even, and use the law appropriately, we do come across ruthless, shameless, corrupt, moronic, power hungry, power abusing men in uniform, who wouldn't care two hoots about the law they are supposed to protect and use whatever means necessary including violence to get what they want.

Anytime you feel you are being targeted, harassed, abused by a cop, firstly start recording his activities on your mobile. If this doesnot act like a powerful deterrent, then passing this video along with a brief explanation of the abuse of power, to the area's police website, with a copy to the local newspaper (aka mid-day.com) should do the trick. Only remember to ensure that the policeman's name badge, his license/billa number and his ugly mug are fully captured in the video.
If this does not help, please use all connections you have to ruin the policeman's life, including filing false cases/frivolous cases against him personally, so that he is in and out of court daily, which a) harasses him, b) prevents him from looting and being more corrupt.

In no case, will you lift your hand or retaliate physically against a man in uniform, however if he removes his uniform, or is in plain clothes, he is fair game and you can beat the dog out of him and claim self defense.

Last edited by apachelongbow : 30th January 2014 at 19:52.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 22:14   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Its hard to remember the number if they are involved in an accident. There are no records of the vehicles in the transport department so how do they track them.

What formations have to do with vehicles for example used in Bengaluru? They are just normal people carrying vehicles.
Its quite easy if you know what to remember. Have you ever wondered that the troops you see daily in Bangalore have not been there permanently and are rotated very often with mandatory field postings barring a few core formations. The same vehicles that you see running around town doing normal duties also do sensitive runs to the field. But I am confused, why does the question even come up?
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 22:15   #55
BHPian

aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 22:58   #56
Senior - BHPian

I live in a small apartment complex with 6 apartments. For the past 1 year there has been a lady and her family living in one on the apartments. She works in Aavin milk department and claims to be an IAS officer. She has 2 government cars ( ambassador and an SUV) and an autorickshaw for her personal use. Every morning the ambassador and auto come to pick her up and her files. They block the driveway and the rest of us residents have to wait for them to move their vehicles. We have requested her to park the vehicles outside the gate but she refuses to walk the 30 feet to the gate. Once due to some vendetta with the house owner she parked the ambassador blocking the gate and refused to move it the whole day. Finally police had to come and resolve the issue.
I was wondering if IAS officers generally have 3 vehicles assigned to them for personal use. These vehicles are used to drop her kids to school, and the drivers do grocery shopping for her. I find it offensive that tax payers money is being wasted like this. And used to inconvenience other citizens.
Can anything be done?
Old 23rd May 2014, 23:58   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
I live in a small apartment complex with 6 apartments. For the past 1 year there has been a lady and her family living in one on the apartments. She works in Aavin milk department and claims to be an IAS officer. She has 2 government cars ( ambassador and an SUV) and an autorickshaw for her personal use. Every morning the ambassador and auto come to pick her up and her files. They block the driveway and the rest of us residents have to wait for them to move their vehicles. We have requested her to park the vehicles outside the gate but she refuses to walk the 30 feet to the gate. Once due to some vendetta with the house owner she parked the ambassador blocking the gate and refused to move it the whole day. Finally police had to come and resolve the issue.
I was wondering if IAS officers generally have 3 vehicles assigned to them for personal use. These vehicles are used to drop her kids to school, and the drivers do grocery shopping for her. I find it offensive that tax payers money is being wasted like this. And used to inconvenience other citizens.
Can anything be done?
I don't know what the state of play is nowadays, but when my dad was with the service, a lot of officers stopped using official vehicles for personal use.
See, one officer gets one car, and mileage and everything is recorded.
But typically each guy will have one dedicated car, and a couple of others on runabout duty.
What happened to deter this was an rti request raised in the department/ministry where the vehicle was registered.
People asked as to where do the other two cars go? Or if the officer was attending some meeting(minutes are available, which give out participant names) at such date and such time, why was the vehicle apparently assigned to the officer at this school or that market.

The spare cars are usually favors called in. The car may have come from an entirely different department.but if you raise an rti with that department, you'll see it disappear for sure.

Just let this person know that you'll put in an rti for the usage of her official cars. That oughta be enough. But following through is also not that difficult.

Last edited by mayankk : 24th May 2014 at 00:01.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2014, 18:44   #58
Senior - BHPian

I've never actually seen her. Neither has anyone else. She seems to be as security conscious as our Amma. I do know that Govt. officials have largely stopped using official cars for personal work. But even the police refused to register an FIR. They sorted the issue peaceably with only some of us having to put half a day leave.
Old 24th May 2014, 20:17   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've never actually seen her. Neither has anyone else. She seems to be as security conscious as our Amma. I do know that Govt. officials have largely stopped using official cars for personal work. But even the police refused to register an FIR. They sorted the issue peaceably with only some of us having to put half a day leave.
Another thing is that if you are using an official car you are not entitled to the TA. Plus you can always seek the log book of the cars involved from the department's concerned irrespective of the officer. Chat up the driver and find out to which department the guy is attached to. Auto rickshaw means the department has a dispatch rider and the dark dispatch section is picking up the files, why? Don't know as generally the car itself is used to ferry the files.
Old 25th May 2014, 01:02   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Are you comfortable with this, "only some of us having to put a half day off "?
I know that clout accounts for a lot in our nation, no matter what anyone believes.

If she's in an appointed post, not an elected one, trust me, one RTI enquiry, or the hint of it will take care of your problem. But hey, it's also understandable if you don't want to do it, especially since you've seen the attitude of the law keepers.
You could try being civil to resolve this via discussion, but I've seen that officers who're willing to abuse their position tend not to care about abusing people too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks