Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2010, 14:56   #61

What hit and run? This sounds more like got hit and run.

If the video is true to the incident, then if you find him, I'm sure you might be able to squeeze some money out of him for some reason or the other, although he already has a smashed up car for very little fault of his. I hope that doesn't happen.
Old 10th August 2010, 15:25   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordperfect View Post
What hit and run? This sounds more like got hit and run.

If the video is true to the incident, then if you find him, I'm sure you might be able to squeeze some money out of him for some reason or the other, although he already has a smashed up car for very little fault of his. I hope that doesn't happen.
got hit and ran. Nice one, I like it! We can state this only if we can 100% prove that Estilo guy wasnt guilty. That is something we cannot do at this time. Moreover, Sujith is not expecting any money from him.

Its unlikely we find the Estilo guy from now on. Hope Estilo inmates were not affected by the accident.

Lets end this speculation till FCB investigation report is out.

Last edited by funkykar : 10th August 2010 at 15:29.
Old 10th August 2010, 16:19   #63
BHPian

yes, finding estilo guy is not to squeeze money from him. he purposefully didn't do it. it was an accident. only some cheap guys will squeeze money taking the advantage of the incident. please don't give space for cheap thoughts here. we want him to realize his mistakes, and make him understand the values(might be a person, might be a car or any other) sujith loves his car more than anything. and the estilo guy did not bother to know what was happened. if everyone breaks law and acts like this then where is the respect for law and humanity? if he escapes like this, he will keep on doing like that even if he hits a person. he has done a mistake and he should not repeat the same again.
Old 10th August 2010, 17:14   #64
Team-BHP Support

@funkykar.
Do you realize that by agreeing to a fault that was not yours and hiding the fact that the bike riders were drunk, you DID cheat someone.

That someone happens to be the Insurance company that would have otherwise not paid a dime. Is it not because of such cases that good guys like you and me end up paying more premium. Think about it.

Coming back to this thread.
Can you post the pics of the lovely Fiat after its been fixed. I am assuming that a guy who loves it as much as the owner does, will get it fixed asap.
Forget the Estillo. Traffic and our roads are very unforgiving. Even a small lapse of concentration by a great driver can sometimes result in such things.

Last edited by bblost : 10th August 2010 at 17:18.
Old 10th August 2010, 17:42   #65
Senior - BHPian

@bblost: The system boggd me down. The police were being protective to the bikers. On the night of the accident, they went in to a hospital close by to my house. Next day morning my friend went out to figure out what happened to the guys. My friend was told that:
They did some first aid and referred the bikers to Nimhans. The duty doctor confirmed (after calling the night duty doctor), that bikers were drunk and police asked not to report the same. The duty doc also said the same, until police asks they dont certify as drunk. Moreover, my friend was told by default they dont check or certify any patients as drunk. It will be done only if police requests so. By the way, there wasnt a test done by the docs to tell that they were drunk, it was that they were smelling of booze even from a few feet away.

So while the discussions about this continued late evening next day, the proof of drunk driving was wiped out. He was an out patient from the first hospital, with no remarks of being drunk. I had to give in. I never thought at that time that literally I was cheating on the insurance company, since I was more worried about the accident and the bikers suffering so much pain and agony. The police anyway wouldnt have let me prove the bikers guilty. In fact throughout the ordeal, they maintained what they follow always "bigger vehicle is at fault". With the key evidence wiped out, I gave in. At that time, I felt morally it was correct. I am sure the bikers wouldnt ride/drive again after drinking. They learnt it the hard way.

Returning to the thread, its very unfortunate that Sujith has still not got the car fixed. He is still an Automobile Engineering student studying in Mysore and waiting for funds approval from his dad. It will come soon. Will post the pictures once ready.

@Revvinghard: I agree with every bit! Irrespective of whose mistake it is, stop at the scene. Just because of our corrupt system, we cant take law on our hands assuming we will be harassed. Just like how we pledge not to drive and drink, same should apply for accidents, never hit and run.

Last edited by funkykar : 10th August 2010 at 17:49.
Old 10th August 2010, 17:49   #66
MX6
Senior - BHPian

That's the sad part funky. Add to it, this happened years back. All we need to do now in such cases is to record it in cam, call the media etc. Nowadays, police are afraid too. I just saw a video where general public thrashed police in public and paraded them semi naked in Agra.
Old 10th August 2010, 18:01   #67
Senior - BHPian

Way back in 2003, I only had the good old camera usign film rolls and no digicam. Nowadays, we have good resolution camera phones that would suffice in many such cases.

Anyways, the point I wanted to make was, I did not run away from the scene and I took the pain of trying to ensure we completed the process and formalities. I might have failed/cheated by accepting myself guilty. I tried hard enough, couldnt succeed. In India, many times to get justice in such cases, you need to have some influence or be a high profile. All I could do was try, and I tried to my best. I many times feel proud of myself that I stopped the car very well knowing that the area had many unruly people and myself have witnessed some bad incidents.

Hope Sujith's Fiat too overcomes this incident and the car hits the streets again. When I had been to their house, their parents too told this was the saddest thing to happen in 22 years since it came to their house.

Last edited by funkykar : 10th August 2010 at 18:02.
Old 10th August 2010, 18:06   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
All I could do was try, and I tried to my best. I many times feel proud of myself that I stopped the car very well knowing that the area had many unruly people and myself have witnessed some bad incidents.
That my dear friend is what differentiates men from boys.

Quote:
Hope Sujith's Fiat too overcomes this incident and the car hits the streets again.
Amen to that.
Old 10th August 2010, 19:46   #69
BHPian

In the accident narrated by funkykar, should he have run away since it wasnt his mistake and actually got hit by the bikers? Especially, since he almost knew he would be in trouble if he stopped in that area where lot of people could have troubled funkykar. funkykar did the right thing. may be he did not get justice as the police refused him to prove his innocense. he atleast showed humanity. in fact he took lots of risk by not disclosing those bikers were influenced by alcohol to save bikers. because once the case is registered as its a funkykar's fault, if something would have happened to those bikers in the hospital funkykar had to pay compensation as much as their parents ask. but humanity played a very much role here. estilo miserably failed in this aspect
Old 11th August 2010, 10:48   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvinhard View Post
estilo miserably failed in this aspect
please try to connect Estilos case with the case funkykar has described.

Seeing the case of funkykar, it should mean that Sujith should have paid. He should in fact thank his stars for he got hit by an Estilo and NOT a biker else the story of funkykar would have repeated or it could have been even worse.

Sujith should be happy that he and the kid is safe and there is only body damage to car which can be taken care of easily, and as Aloksriva has continously said, learn to understand RIGHT of way, and not to put your nose somewhere where you arent sure of the oncoming traffic.

Poor Estilo fellow, got hit for driving in his own lane.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 11th August 2010 at 10:51.
Old 11th August 2010, 11:47   #71
Senior - BHPian

Having the right of way doesnt mean anyone can bang and run away. Me and you know Sujith and the kid are safe. Did the Estilo guy had some sort of a divya dristi(6th sense) to know they were safe to run away? Attitude of the Estilo was not correct. Who so ever mistake it was, he had to stop. What if the Estilo guy wasnt accompanied by a driver without a permanent license, what if he did not even had the learners license. May be if one of them is true, he ran away. He would anyways be lying with insurance company stating someone hit him and ran away even though it was the other way round he he. If these are the cases, irrespective of whose mistake it was, police would have charged the Estilo.

Anyways, I me and you are just assuming things and concluding one of them is at fault. By the way, the imaginary video thats on this thread wasnt made by Sujith, he has not even seen it to comment if the accident happened that way. I will check on him during the weekend and we will check out the accident spot in detail and post here.

Last edited by funkykar : 11th August 2010 at 11:53.
Old 11th August 2010, 12:15   #72
BHPian

No wonder we are where we are today so far as traffic condition (read chaos) on our roads is concerned.

Reminds me of what Hitler said once - I am ready to learn but I am not prepared to be taught.

With a closed mind, how, we, the self-proclaimed elite (context is automotives only) of Indian roads, can even think of observing lane discipline, giving way, yielding, yada yada on our roads in years to come?

And imagine, this is merely the thought process of members of this forum, what do you expect from non-elite average bloke on roads? No surprise there's a jungle out there and would continue to stay the same..
Old 11th August 2010, 12:58   #73
BHPian

@AlokSriva: Absolutely makes sense what you said. This is a clear breach of 'Right of way'. What was the Fiat doing in the middle of the road when there was on-coming traffic? The Estilo clearly had his right of way. I really get much irritated when I see people on the road poking their nose onto the oncoming traffic with their two-wheeler, 4-wheeler and bi-cycles. I wonder when will we have traffic disciplined in our country!!
Old 11th August 2010, 15:03   #74
BHPian

hope people here are not getting the imaginary video properly. Fiat was not in the middle of the road. those 2 are different lanes. the black and yellow stripe on the video is not the paint on the road. it the big wide median. how anyone will take "U" turn the same way FIAT sujith also trying to take "U" turn and its not the place where "U" turn is prohibited. the road is wide enough to occupy 3 cars in parallel. and Zen estilo was on the right most side of his lane and speeding, assuming he might have jumped the signal or started to speed from the signal and it was the only car to be seen on the rack at that time. from a distance sujith might assumed the car was speeding in the centre of the road and enough gap between the car and the median. and FIAT came to right side of his lane to take "U" turn and halted at the median gap and went little ahead to see the oncoming traffic slowly, to his surprise the estilo guy was just 2 feet away to the median, zen estilo guy did not slowdown or moved to left when nearing to a median gap. i think he might be busy be noticing his speedo to check his max on his car. and took a surprise finding a car at the median gap about one and haft feet towards his lane. with sudden shock he might have applied the brake suddenly, that resulted brake lock and went close to the median and managed to turn left, to his bad luck he hit the end part of the fiat, as fiat wheels were already turned towards right. fiat moved a bit after zen hit fiat. and zen guy utilized opportunity to escape knowing his mistakes. and did not even bother to look at fiat car also and committed a crime. detailed explanation will be given after the accident spot inspection along with photos of the road and spot.

Last edited by revvinhard : 11th August 2010 at 15:05. Reason: some more to add
Old 11th August 2010, 15:25   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
No wonder we are where we are today so far as traffic condition (read chaos) on our roads is concerned.
Of all the posts on this thread, this one makes most sense.

Revvinhard, dude, you are trying too hard to pin the blame on the estilo guy.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks