Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2011, 14:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP Stickers and their effect on your driving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
sirji, you're driving very carefully na?
Absolutely!! Unless you run into a guy in a white zen with number ending with 8715. For some reason, he was tailgating me today and was upset that i was letting pedestrians cross the road at a zebra crossing in front of Shoppers Stop!
Old 24th March 2011, 19:49   #32
BHPian

Hi BHPians, this is my first post!

I've been sporting the Team-BHP stickers on my ride for over a year now even though I was not a member back then. But I'm proud to say that I've been following all rules and regulations and being considerate to fellow road users. The stickers have indeed made an impact on my driving and I keep a conscious effort not to ruin the community's name or feature myself in the bad driver's spotting thread.
vaibzi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2011, 20:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibzi View Post
Hi BHPians, this is my first post!

I've been sporting the Team-BHP stickers on my ride for over a year now even though I was not a member back then. But I'm proud to say that I've been following all rules and regulations and being considerate to fellow road users. The stickers have indeed made an impact on my driving and I keep a conscious effort not to ruin the community's name or feature myself in the bad driver's spotting thread.
welcome to the forum mate and welcome to the ranks!
Old 24th March 2011, 20:35   #34
BHPian

Thanks IronH4WK for the warm welcome.

Hoping to get spotted by you sometime soon on our wonderful roads!!
Old 24th March 2011, 20:48   #35
Senior - BHPian

I sport two stickers on my Scorpio - Live to Drive & I drive safe - and proud to do that. Once i was stopped by another BHPian on the road and we exchanged pleasantries.

Hope to see you guys soon on the road
Old 24th March 2011, 21:31   #36
BHPian

I dont know if my driving has changed since I put those LTD and gotBHP stickers on my ride. Have always tried to avoid being a rash driver and make sure nobody's honking behind me while trying to make their way through.

My wife on the other hand wanted the IDS sticker on her car and she's told me that her driving has been different since then! She's not a member here yet, but I can see that she may consider that in the future (given the amount of time I spend on the forum).
Old 25th March 2011, 21:07   #37
BHPian

1. I am a proud team-bhp member but have no stickers on my car. no specific reason for that.
2. I think one should drive responsibly and follow all traffic rules irrespective of stickers or no stickers on the car.
3. Is it legal to put any stickers without RTO approval on our cars?
4. If only it was that simple, RTO would have made it compulsory to put the stickers on all cars.

No offense meant here but while I was going through various thread posts, it reminded me of Najar Suraksha Kawach TV ad. ;-)

I strongly feel we should drive responsibly and follow all traffic rules (including not putting stickers on our cars, if such rule is applicable in an individual's case) all the time.

Last edited by Rock 'n' rollz : 25th March 2011 at 21:17.
Old 25th March 2011, 22:39   #38
dot
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to mdsaab, I have two lovely TBHP stickers. Yeh! Lets see if the feeling of further responsibility comes now! Will plant them tomorrow.
Old 26th March 2011, 00:08   #39
BHPian

My 2 cents. No offence meant to anyone.
I find it strange that we have a thread that goes as "Team-BHP Stickers and their effect on your driving!". I do not see the relation between Team BHP stickers and driving sensibly. Drive sensibly, not keeping in mind the Teambhp sticker on your bumper (if you have one), instead of the fact that we are responsible citizens first, and netizens next.
Why do I say this? Just look at jkrishnakj's experience.

Mr Krishna, please reveal the identity of the dogmatic bigot who you encountered. The Team (mods & members alike), I'm sure, are there t support you. In case you still choose not to, please PM me.

EDIT: Stickers wanted. My credit cards aren't being accepted.

Last edited by Arkin evoisrevo : 26th March 2011 at 00:10.
Old 26th March 2011, 00:24   #40
Team-BHP Support

I don't know about my driving, but I can tell you that it seems to have an effect on others around me! Random Santros and Wagon-Rs pull up next to me at traffic-signals and try and get me to race with them.

The other day, a silver Alto driven by some high-on-hormones teenager overtook me rather rashly on 100ft Road. He came in front of my car and then braked hard and took off again. He did that a couple of times, but I kept cool. At the signal, he lowered his window and asked me if I was 'chicken'. I looked at him and then pointed towards KFC and said, "it's right there".
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2011, 14:18   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktarcar View Post
The probability that a guy just to flaunt them on his ride pasted them can't be denied.
There is no hard and fast rule that the one who wears the sticker is a member here.

+1. Saw two young boys riding a bullet in rash manner near Sadashivnagar police station. Caught up with them at the signal and on closer inspection, I found a TBHP sticker on the number plate. Wanted to give them a mouthful, but they didn't look like someone whom you could approach, so left it at that.
Old 26th March 2011, 14:48   #42
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
I find it strange that we have a thread that goes as "Team-BHP Stickers and their effect on your driving!". I do not see the relation between Team BHP stickers and driving sensibly.
The thread simply asks a question. Thats that.

Answer might depend on person to person.
Old 13th April 2011, 01:33   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
I find it strange that we have a thread that goes as "Team-BHP Stickers and their effect on your driving!". I do not see the relation between Team BHP stickers and driving sensibly. Drive sensibly, not keeping in mind the Teambhp sticker on your bumper (if you have one), instead of the fact that we are responsible citizens first, and netizens next.
We all try our very best to drive as sensibly, responsibly & safely as possible.
Showing etiquette and trying our very best to make the road a better place for all road users. Be it pedestrians crossing the road, or those rickshawalla's and busses who tick us off by cutting lanes etc.
The reason i decided to start a thread on the effect of the stickers, is because once i stickered up my ride. I felt some feelings stir up inside me.
You see once you sticker up, you are representing the whole community and i feel the sticker helps you by giving you that extra push to make sure you don't do anything silly.
Sure there are days where we don't want to stop and let someone cross the road. or end up cutting someone off, and getting cursed at. we are after all human and mistakes come but naturally to us. But with the stickers on your bootlid or on your bumpers. You definately try harder to make sure such things don't occur.
So to sum it up.
I feel that after getting stickered up, i have turned into a better driver than i was. and believe me that's saying a lot.
A small price to pay for such a huge gain.
Drive Safe!
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2011, 08:15   #44
Senior - BHPian

We should have more 'I drive safe' stickers on the car rather "Got BHP ?" Seems to intimidate others on showing who got more BHP. IDS stickers will not get that attention and no one eggs you on.
Old 13th April 2011, 10:12   #45
BHPian

I have definitely become more conscious after putting TBHP stickers. I don't get provoked by those 'domestic schumachers' nowadays. Instead I let them go with a smile.
As Anil says, I RIDE with PRIDE.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks