Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2011, 16:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Team-BHP Stickers and their effect on your driving!

Around 2 weeks ago, with much pride got my Silver Civica Chicca stickered up with some gorgeous stickers from the fabulous official Team-BHP sticker set.

A huge grin, pride, sense of occasion coupled with some nervousness filled up my being, it was almost the same feeling as when you drive your spanking new car out of the showroom.

It's then when it struck me! when you sticker up your ride, you are representing the whole community. One silly mistake, one wrong turn, aggressive driving et all. and you could end up not just spoiling your own name but the whole communities.

So with the stickers comes a whole lot of responsibility and of course occasion.

Have always tried to be a safe, responsible, patient driver and once stickered up, i can feel my effort into maintaining that go up a notch higher.

So dear fellow bhpian, after you stickered up your ride, did you feel the same?
Do you make a conscious effort to make sure Team-BHP and all we stand for is maintained?
Do you drive more responsibly, patiently, and maybe even that little bit slower than you use to before those fabulous stickers?
would love to know!
Old 18th March 2011, 16:47   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Team-BHP Stickers and their effect on your driving!

Very well said indeed! In all honesty I couldn't agree more. I felt exactly the same when I stickered my Scorp. In general I am a pretty chilled out kind of driver but with the stickers on the car, I pretty much did the driving equivalent of standing to attention on the parade ground - in terms of alertness and all the oft repeated good road practices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Around 2 weeks ago, with much pride got my Silver Civica Chicca stickered up with some gorgeous stickers from the fabulous official Team-BHP sticker set.

A huge grin, pride, sense of occasion coupled with some nervousness filled up my being, it was almost the same feeling as when you drive your spanking new car out of the showroom.

It's then when it struck me! when you sticker up your ride, you are representing the whole community. One silly mistake, one wrong turn, aggressive driving et all. and you could end up not just spoiling your own name but the whole communities.

So with the stickers comes a whole lot of responsibility and of course occasion.

Have always tried to be a safe, responsible, patient driver and once stickered up, i can feel my effort into maintaining that go up a notch higher.

So dear fellow bhpian, after you stickered up your ride, did you feel the same?
Do you make a conscious effort to make sure Team-BHP and all we stand for is maintained?
Do you drive more responsibly, patiently, and maybe even that little bit slower than you use to before those fabulous stickers?
would love to know!
Old 18th March 2011, 16:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

As much as I would love to have a T-Bhp sticker, I am that much more afraid of it getting ripped off and plus sometimes my brother, wife, dad (though all of them are sane drivers) drive my car and I do not want the T-Bhp community put to shame due to an unfortunate incident.
Old 18th March 2011, 16:56   #4
Team-BHP Support

Ah! Have been thinking of the same since my car was T-BHPed. Here's how I changed.

1) External mirror always extended - earlier I used it only on less congested roads.
2) Compulsory seat-belts for ALL passengers.
3) Constantly looking at bumpers/rear windshields/reg. plates of cars on the roads hoping to spot someone.
4) Although I have tried to follow all rules all the time, I am more conscious now.

Bet everyone has such stories!

PS : Hoping there is another reason (read : T-BHP) when a vehicle honks/flashes at me for no apparent reason.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 18th March 2011 at 17:22.
Old 18th March 2011, 17:11   #5
sGj

I've been meaning to get a set of sticker for myself, but never thought about it this way. wow! talk about food for thought!!
Old 18th March 2011, 17:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

I have a "I Drive Safe" sticker stuck on the center of the rear bumper. So , this has made me even more conscious of my driving. Whenever, I lose my patience on the road and try to speed a little, the sticker at the back has a controlling effect. I get saner. I feel, if somebody notices me driving like this and sees the sticker then, it will not be good for my reputation as well as TBHP. I dont want to be known as a bad driver. So, the sticker has actually made me a little more careful and alert driver.
Old 18th March 2011, 17:46   #7
BHPian

I have the "I drive safe" sticker at the rear bumper and whenever there is an Adrenaline rush, the thought of the sticker brings me back to sane speed.

I wish there was one smaller "I Drive Safe"sticker that I can paste in the inside of front windshield/ in dash so that it acts as a reminder every time I look around in car.

Also noticed that after I put in the stickers, I think there wasn't a single case of rash driving from my side.

Also pasted a team bhp sticker in the bike and everytime I get the bike for a ride, it reminds me to be a responsible driver

Regards,
George V

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th March 2011 at 18:13. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy pasting from external font editors. Also do a preview before submitting posts. Thanks
Old 18th March 2011, 18:41   #8
dot
Senior - BHPian

Nice topic.

Situation is like Schrodinger's cat.

Due the reasons most of you have mentioned, I have not put a TBHP sticker so far! It is not that I am not proud to be a Bhpian or something. But I am unable to decide whether to proclaim that or carry the burden of being responsible. Maybe someone can help me decide!!
Old 18th March 2011, 19:11   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Ah.. Same case here. Even the occasional stunts have become a rarity and done only after ensuring there are NO onlookers, or hazards.

It has definitely provoked the 'safe & sedate' me.
Old 18th March 2011, 21:16   #10
BHPian

Note from Mod : You have way too many spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other members / guests.

You are hereby instructed to proof-read your posts prior to hitting the "submit" button. Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 21st March 2011 at 14:39.
Pumpy_Raj is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th March 2011, 22:49   #11
BHPian

Its so true.
This sticker is a mighty one. I have the 'live to drive ' one.
From the day i have stuck it i check out each and every fab looking car to sport a similar one.

Its not a burden to carry.Only way to experience the proud feeling is to paste it on your car.
Old 19th March 2011, 01:59   #12
BHPian

I haven't put any stickers on my car. The only reason is that my car has a lot of external damage. It just seems wrong to put those stickers on now. Sigh, the worst part 99% of the times it's happened, it's either me not driving or the car being stand still. Would be so much easier if it was my fault.

Anyway, when i do take up that crosscountry road trip i've been meaning to take, i'm gonna make sure i put a bunch of stickers on :-D

And yes, i've honked, flashed my light and, in general, been nicer to cars which have those stickers on.
Old 19th March 2011, 11:34   #13
Senior - BHPian

News flash ~ Bangalore takes the cake when it comes to spotting rides with official Team-BHP stickers. Just check out the Team-BHP sticker thread.

Quite a few Bangalore Bhpians have posted their views. But they are so many of you. Where are the rest of the Bangalore Bhpians. Want to know how you folks felt after getting stickered up.
Old 19th March 2011, 11:49   #14
Senior - BHPian

I dont have my stickers on, but am generally a sedate driver.
Very recently, i encountered an unfortunate incident. On the road leading to the Delmia signal at JP Nagar, i saw a ANHC and an Auto racing each other and both had gone from either sides of my vehicle. Due to this, i got stuck in the middle lane though i had to turn right. I take the right and notice that a jeep pulls up on the side and the driver saying something to me. He just abuses me in all bad language, talks about my parents etc..and i was trying to figure out why. He had his wife/girlfriend along as well. I asked him to pull over, got down from the car and started engaging a very soft coversation. He was again at his abusive best and his reason was that i was overtaking from the left. He asks me " kannada mathadhira" to which i said i cant speak - and he goes how people from outside have spoilt the city and how other state people need to be kicked out etc..just at this point, i notice the T-BHP sticker on his jeep and i pointed this out to him and he went on with his abuses. I got fed up, never lost my temper and shook my head and started walking. He calls me only to show the figer and walks into a shop nearby withi his wife/girlfriend.

This was the first ever chance meeting with a fellow T-BHP'ian and it turned out like this. I have the car model and vehicle number, but i dont want to be sharing this here.
Old 19th March 2011, 12:05   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I dont have my stickers on, but am generally a sedate driver.
. He asks me " kannada mathadhira" to which i said i cant speak - and he goes how people from outside have spoilt the city and how other state people need to be kicked out etc..just at this point, i notice the T-BHP sticker on his jeep and i pointed this out to him and he went on with his abuses. .

This was the first ever chance meeting with a fellow T-BHP'ian and it turned out like this. I have the car model and vehicle number, but i dont want to be sharing this here.
At the outset i would agree with you guys on the point that sporting a Team BHP sticker makes one conscious as to the way you drive. Not that I am an or was an Army Officer- I always followed road rules but with the sticker I make it a point not to infinge at all unless forced. I will clarify this-4 years ago I had dutifully stopped at a Red light only to have my boot rammed in by a Swaraj Mazda and I still look at my rear view mirror waiting for some one to ram me-exactly what happened on 29 Jan this year- I drove out my brand new Ritz and was going to show it to my daughter enroute at BDA complex, Indiranagar, Red lights-Ford Taxi bumps me in the rear-thank God just a minor scratch.
My point is that if the defaulter is a BHPian then jkrishnakj you need to giv the details of the guy. We are Indians first then the State takes second place??? Trust me I felt like an Indian once more when Hindi ruled in my recent sojourn to Gujarat and Rajasthan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks