Senior - BHPian

Re: A remedy to stop signal jumping

It's called a rumbler strip, imo.

Old 23rd March 2011, 12:17   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Installing the multi speedbreaker (for lack of a better word), the two-three small ones just before the stop line at intersections would help. Even if the signal is red or green, vehicles with go slow over them. This will provide some degree of right of way at signal less intersection. Also allows pedestrian crossing with relative safety since the vehicles will be at crawl speed.
you mean the rumble strips? the kind they used to have before a railway crossing?
Old 23rd March 2011, 12:28   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Installing the multi speedbreaker (for lack of a better word), the two-three small ones just before the stop line at intersections would help. Even if the signal is red or green, vehicles with go slow over them. This will provide some degree of right of way at signal less intersection. Also allows pedestrian crossing with relative safety since the vehicles will be at crawl speed.
That would be a very bad thing. I have literally flown off my bike on an unmarked speed breaker on a highway entering Bangalore.
Time was quite late and my speed was high.
The signal was green, no other vehicle around.
Fly, land, bounce, smile at luck and curse the town planners.
Old 23rd March 2011, 12:44   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
That would be a very bad thing. I have literally flown off my bike on an unmarked speed breaker on a highway entering Bangalore.
Time was quite late and my speed was high.
The signal was green, no other vehicle around.
Fly, land, bounce, smile at luck and curse the town planners.
hehe.. i can relate to that! when i was coming back from HYD had the same experience. stopped the bike, had a laugh and continued on!
Old 23rd March 2011, 14:25   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Whatever action we take, we have to spot all signal jumpers.
For this, we can put 1 IRONH4WK per junction. Not even 1 signal jumper can escape.
He'll ensure that everyone are spotted and reported.
Other legal things can be taken care of from there on.

@ IRONH4WK,
I have nothing against you buddy...but just after seeing your post, I couldn't stop myself from posting this
Old 23rd March 2011, 19:45   #96
Senior - BHPian

Noticed two major signal infractions today afternoon in Trivandrum.

1) A M800 dude happily keeps going straight even after the signal turned red for 10seconds! Reaches the middle of the junction and then realizes that he jumped the signal. Traffic police slaps his hand on his forehead and shouts at him to move on.

Wonder why he did not fine the crap out of that dude?!

2) After that junction, reached the next junction, light was green and was going on when i saw an alto dude jumping the signal from the side and coming on to me! Rolled down my windows and asked him if he was mad for jumping a signal!?

Crazy Crazy Crazy People!
Old 23rd March 2011, 21:00   #97
BHPian

I've been thinking of this for a long time. If someone is interested, I'd like to start a project to write a traffic handbook that would essentially contain rules and summarized explanation of the motor vehicle act, along with common sense things to do, right of ways, etc. I got this idea after looking at the Texas traffic handbook that I got for free at the transport office.
Old 23rd March 2011, 21:51   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
I've been thinking of this for a long time. If someone is interested, I'd like to start a project to write a traffic handbook that would essentially contain rules and summarized explanation of the motor vehicle act, along with common sense things to do, right of ways, etc. I got this idea after looking at the Texas traffic handbook that I got for free at the transport office.
IIRC, many years back a employee from Intel had undertaken such a project and the article about it had been covered in Bangalore Times on the front page. i think the person's name was Nanda. i had written to him congratulating on the work and he had send me a pdf version of the handbook. unfortunately, i can't find that email anymore

let me see if i can find that article.
Old 23rd March 2011, 22:27   #99
dot
Senior - BHPian

@hellmet and @IronH4WK, neat ideas. But any thoughts on implementation?
Old 23rd March 2011, 22:30   #100
BHPian

Better to have hydraulic poles popping out of the road when the signal turns amber...people will then learn that it's much costlier to fix a sump damage than to break a signal.
Old 2nd June 2011, 00:16   #101
BHPian

One small suggestion from my side.

Whenever somebody jumps a red, the traffic police(if present) should stop them and instead of imposing fines, they should make them wait for 30 mins-1 hr. I know a lot of you will suggest renting a building nearby to make those people wait but gradually the number of people jumping signals will reduce.

Fines really dont teach them anything. Time matters and making them wait will definitely soften a lot of them
Old 2nd June 2011, 00:44   #102
BHPian

Jumping signals, is birthright. Any idiot following the signals has to be mowed down or rear ended or punished in any other way possible. Dont they know we are color blind? what difference does red or green make? I am so fed up with all this I will be starting a signal to signal traffic "observation". This is one area where the educated, the uneducated, the Govt servants and the retards have one thing in common. Lets just say we are color blind. My patience has run out, being rear ended while waiting at a signal, almost run over trying to cross on a two wheeler.

These morons would not jump a signal if they know they are going to run into a tank. Their life is more important than anyone else.

Videos will speak from now on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks