Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 16:25   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSP View Post
I think I stand corrected. The car has suspension/steering/throttle response settings (Normal, Sport, Sport+). I wasnt sure if this is what the Adaptive-M meant, but I think I read in some brochure that it is the same.

Also, somewhere I had posted about getting a service alert at 2k miles, turned out to be the Exhaust Emissions Check warning. Must have been programed to go on after 5 months...

@Suvm, has yours chimed yet?
I read about the Adaptive M suspension as on BMW india website, but i am not 100% sure if that is what sports + does.

The 35is has come with the adaptive m which aparently lowers the car by 10 mm or so .

Not tried the sports+ much anyways, just once on the BKC road and every throttle on turns drifts the the car without much effort! something probably that need to be experimented & practiced on a track (which unfortunately doesnt exist in mumbai i beleive)

---
From the bmwusa website - for the 35iS

Adaptive M Suspension

Part of the M sports package, Adaptive M suspension with central control unit processes the data delivered by the three acceleration sensors and controls the dampers for added agility without loss of comfort.

----
The above isnt specified under 35i on bmwusa or bmw india for the 35i specs.

About the serivce: shows me 4000 kms for the oil change. For exaust i think some later date in 2010 or 2011.
Old 11th June 2010, 17:03   #92
SSP
BHPian

I was getting tired of the SDrive 3.5i decal below the BMW logo on each side of the car..So, heres what I did.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 BMW Z4 - Ownership Report-before.jpg  

2010 BMW Z4 - Ownership Report-bmw-ssp.jpg  

SSP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2010, 17:05   #93
Senior - BHPian

Hey,

been reading your thread since begining. Great car. The SSP looks nice. Gives it personal touch
Old 11th June 2010, 19:21   #94
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats an impressive decal SSP. Looks neat.
Old 28th October 2010, 12:02   #95
SSP
BHPian

Today's newspapers are carrying a BMW advert mentioning that they are the first luxury brand to give in dash navigations with their car.

Since my car already comes with the hardware required for it, I'm thinking of asking BMW if it can be activated. Most likely all it requires is the map software and a code change.

Anyone done it yet on their bimmers?

Last edited by SSP : 28th October 2010 at 12:03. Reason: spelling error
Old 28th October 2010, 12:12   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSP View Post
Today's newspapers are carrying a BMW advert mentioning that they are the first luxury brand to give in dash navigations with their car.

Since my car already comes with the hardware required for it, I'm thinking of asking BMW if it can be activated. Most likely all it requires is the map software and a code change.

Anyone done it yet on their bimmers?
@SSP ..A new thread started over BMW starting to offer navigation
Do check it out
In most likeliness you can have GPS available on your car immediately, only issues being if they are offering it sequentially model by model.
The endorsement stated that they are only offering it on the 7 for now and will later be available on subsequent models.
Heck, what is the harm in giving it a shot ? You might get lucky

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 28th October 2010 at 12:14.
Old 28th October 2010, 13:14   #97
BHPian

Enquired at Navnit BLR for my 3.
PlatzdaTurbo is right, they are introducing it sequentially. The on board hard disk will be used to share space b/w the maps & music. The 3 has a 13GB disk drive, not sure about the Z4. It's just a matter of time.
Old 28th October 2010, 14:11   #98
BHPian

Z4 has a navigational package which gives it a decent 80gigs out of which 15 gb is dedicated for music. Navigational software update from Bmw's end was much awaited, it'd be great to see its 3D interface, but obviously its usage will have its own limitations in most parts of the country.
Old 4th December 2010, 11:03   #99
SSP
BHPian

So the dreaded HPFP failure has hit my car. Decided to head to Lonavala for breakfast on Sunday morning, barely made it out of the city when driving at 60-70km/h, about to overtake a car, kick down the pedal, and instead of being thrown back in my seat, I'm thrown forward!

Engine light comes on and car goes into limp mode. Restart, warnings clear, but the same thing happens when I kick down.

Sent it over to Inifinity who after 3 days diagnoses it as a High Pressure Fuel Pump failure and is replacing it. Hoping to have th car back in action soon.

Seems this is a common problem with the N54 engines.

BimmerFile Archive BMWNA Recalls N54 High-Pressure Fuel Pump & Naturally Aspirated X5
Old 4th December 2010, 14:23   #100
BHPian

No way! Thats terrible my friend. Its Way too scary when the nearest service station is nowhere in 600km radius from here. Keep me updated on this my friend. Would you advise me to get a replacement even before anything happens? Throw some light on which fuel has gone into it on regular basis and on oil change/service history if any so far.
Dreadful would be an understatement, this is surely gonna put me off driving Z4 for the time being.
Old 4th December 2010, 15:13   #101
SSP
BHPian

I have only 4k kms on the car and have used 97 octane for the last 2500 kms.

Don't worry about it too much. Deal with it when it happens.
Old 4th December 2010, 15:28   #102
Senior - BHPian

@ It may be a one off case. The recall campaign is for the US spec engine, There are couple of LCI Z4's which have crossed 15k kms within a year without any hiccups!
Old 4th December 2010, 17:24   #103
BHPian

Well the owners manual and the website says all N54 engines (335i, 535i, Z4) need a minimum of 95 RON while the N/A engines can manage with minimum 91 RON.

Indian website BMW 3 Series Sedan : Technical data

And Pg 201 of the 2010 E90 3's manual. So m sure there is a disclaimer somewhere in your owners manual too.

But this is not the root cause, and it is not mileage specific.

@maverick - +1 to that.
Old 9th December 2010, 18:52   #104
SSP
BHPian

Re: 2010 BMW Z4 - Ownership Report

Got the car back and it feels WAY better than before the problem showed up! throttle response is amazing, it sounds better too.
Old 9th December 2010, 20:19   #105
BHPian

Re: 2010 BMW Z4 - Ownership Report

Probably because you didnt drive it for a while.. ur overwhelmed with it again. If you dont mind, what was BMWs explanation ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks