Team-BHP - Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/103024-triumph-motorcycles-enter-india-edit-now-launched-pg-48-a-58.html)

I have heard from multiple sources that BU Bhandari, the VW & MB dealer has got the Triumph dealership for Pune. The showroom should come up in the same building which houses the VW showroom at Pashan in about a month or so. clap:
off topic: He was one of Tata Motors top dealers at the Zonal / National level (not sure about National level) until he was poached by VW.

The Bangalore Showroom is supposed to be inaugurated tomorrow (Tuesday). I was given a sneak peak yesterday, the bikes are at the Showroom. They have various versions of the Tiger, the Street Triple, the Bonneville, the T100, the rocket 3 and the storm.

I was looking at the Speed Triple and was out of luck, they said they would only get one at the end of Feb.

I was able to take some pictures of the bikes at the Bangalore showroom. I have added them in this post.

The Bonneville, there is also a T100 at the showroom but it was stuck in an awkward corner and they were not able to take the cover of it. The Bonneville has been fitted with a Saree guard since it is a CKD bike.

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-bonneville.jpg

The Rocket III with it's massive engine and massive wheels. Thankfully the Rocket doesn't come with a guard since it is a CBU.

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-rocket-front-wheel.jpg

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-rocket-front.jpg

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-rocket-back.jpg

And the Street Triple, also with the awkward Saree guard, wonder how this will come on the Speed triple with it's single side swing arm.

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-street-triple-side.jpg

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-street-triple-front.jpg

Note from Support - Please use the "Edit" button to add more content to your original post instead of submitting back to back posts.

Triumph at IBW 2014. I was interested mainly in the Bonneville. Built quality was good and comparable to the Harleys though it disappointed in overall personality. Sorry for the mobile shots quality taken with my HTC One.

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-triump-ibw-2014_1.jpg

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-triump-ibw-2014_2.jpg

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-triump-ibw-2014_3.jpg

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-triump-ibw-2014_4.jpg

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-triump-ibw-2014_5.jpg

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-triump-ibw-2014_6.jpg

Triumph Bangalore dealership (Keerthi Motors) has been inaugurated. Here is the price list. The prices are on higher side I think.

The Triumph Showroom in Bangalore has been opened today and they plan to deliver bikes by March.

But I was not at all impressed by their attitude, I had spoken to the head of the dealership and I was ready to book a Speed Triple (I literally had a signed cheque in my hand). All I asked them was for a test ride of the Street Triple (since they do not have a speed triple at the showroom) so that I could get an idea of the stance of the bike, which they told me they could give me right after the inauguration.

Today I was told quite arrogantly at the dealership that I would only get a test drive if I came with a helmet (understandable), riding gloves, riding boots, riding pants and a riding jacket - which to me seems excessive. And moreover I had to sign up for a test ride and then it would be on a first come first serve basis and that they already had more than 300 test ride requests, so I was free to book the bike now and then take a test ride when my number comes up after like 2-3 weeks. I wonder how many of the 300 test ride requests were already ready to book the bike?

Needless to say I have not yet booked the bike. Their attitude really managed to irk me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VellVector (Post 3350589)
Needless to say I have not yet booked the bike. Their attitude really managed to irk me.

No disrespect on your views, but on the contrary, I felt the inauguration event was well organised. Considering there were a large number of enthusiasts present, all my queries were answered in a proper way. It was great that we could have a feel of all the displayed bikes, accessories and merchandise.

I can't really comment on your experience of asking for a test ride, since I didn't bother to ask, knowing that test ride for Daytona is not available and as I have already booked it, hoping to get it delivered soon. :)

Very few superbike manufacturers have test ride option here in India. Appreciate Triumph has for select models at least (the conditions sounds very extreme though). Incidently, even Yamaha had no test ride option for R15, at least for the initial few years.

Triumph is opening their dealership in Hyderabad today evening at 7:00pm

I think the pricing of Bonneville is going to be lower than 6.99 OTR in Hyderabad considering the difference in taxes in KA and AP

I land back in town only at 6:00pm, will be a close call or else would have been there:Frustrati

Who all from Hyderabad are going for this launch?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abarsenal (Post 3350631)
Very few superbike manufacturers have test ride option here in India. Appreciate Triumph has for select models at least (the conditions sounds very extreme though).

My issue was not as much the test ride as the arrogance displayed by the senior Triumph staff, if they had wanted me to officially "sign up" for a test ride why did they not bother mentioning that last week when they told me I could have a test ride after the opening. Especially since I was ready to book the bike if the stance was ok. Instead they tell me to wait in queue now but if I want a bike my end Feb or March, I have to book it now. I am a little picky about my stance on a bike and the feel of riding - I won't apologize for that. :)

That kind of arrogance that the staff were displaying irritated me and I would rather not have to deal with that. Especially if that kind of attitude will extend to their service in the future.

I'm not trying to be some kind of Naysayer and I hope that mine was just an isolated incident with just a bad member of the staff and that this attitude does not affect the dealership at the whole. I'm sure we will see some more reviews here soon.

Also hope you have the best of luck with your Daytona, looking forward to some pictures as soon as it is delivered.

The launch party in Bangalore was pretty decent with good familiar crowd and an awesome band. The Street, Daytona, Bonnie, Tiger and Rocket were on display at the party and keys were handed out to the first set of owners of each class of bike. The entire management of Triumph was there and the Sales head and MD were decent chaps too (wish they hadnt bored us with speeches et al).

I tried the Daytona for stance and it felt a little too compact for my 6 ft 90kg frame. The Street Triple was more comfy but much lower. Just on pure ergos and stance none of the bikes touched my heart although I am sure they both are superb machines on the go.

This morning the showroom was overflowing with people and the staff was having a horrid time attending to everyone. The one bike which took my breath away was the Explorer XC. Just phenomenal. But not for now...maybe 10-15 years down the line.
Even the Bonnie felt nice to sit on; felt like a bike which can be used everyday and still be fun; pretty sweet.

They are trying to portray a strong structured face to prospective customers but only time will tell if they have their act together. Anyways one of my close friends is among the first to get his Daytona in Bangalore so I will get a better chance to know the bike soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolrain (Post 3345965)
I have heard from multiple sources that BU Bhandari, the VW & MB dealer has got the Triumph dealership for Pune. The showroom should come up in the same building which houses the VW showroom at Pashan in about a month or so. clap:
off topic: He was one of Tata Motors top dealers at the Zonal / National level (not sure about National level) until he was poached by VW.

The news is true. BU Bhandari will be representing Triumph in Pune. The showroom will be opened in 3rd or 4th week of March 2014. The bookings are open I think. There was an update from Triumph on their Facebook page.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3335634)
P.S:- Have plenty of pictures but, will refrain from posting here as we havent sought permission from owner/dealership yet.

Now that Triumph has launched its dealership at Hyderabad with a lot of fanfare and rock concert, its time to unveil the pictures from my sneak peak of the Bonnville that I had at their warehouse 3 weeks ago

I so wanted to be there for the Triumph event last evening but, I was travelling on work and landed back in town only at 6:00pm so couldnt make it:Frustrati

Here are some pictures taken with my mobile of Triumph Bonneville SE & T100

Enjoy :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3351645)
Now that Triumph has launched its dealership at Hyderabad with a lot of fanfare and rock concert,
Enjoy :thumbs up

Hi Avi,

Thanks for the pics and where is this new showroom located at? Planning to visit it over the weekend and how do you find the Boneville models ?

Bonneville is the only model which looks a little bit easy on the pockets and also looks like it can be your daily ride too. ! What are your impressions?

Any plans to do a TD of any of the models for TBHP ?

Had got an invite yesterday for preview held at JC convention centre whisper valley starting at 7pm ,however could not make it due to work commitment .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pheonix (Post 3351846)
Hi Avi, Thanks for the pics and where is this new showroom located at? Planning to visit it over the weekend and how do you find the Boneville models ?

This showroom is located at Road No.12 at the erstwhile Volvo Showroom. Talwar is the dealer for Hyundai, Volvo ( you will see some Volvos parked behind in my pictures below), Bajaj and now Triumph ( Known as Rebel Motors)

It's a little ahead of Ohris Building. Iam planning to visit them and HD on saturday morning. Want to join?

Quote:

Bonneville is the only model which looks a little bit easy on the pockets and also looks like it can be your daily ride too. ! What are your impressions?

Oh! I loved the Bonny. It isnt as small as it looks in the picture and when you sit on it, it does feel big ( even though I would have liked the bike to be little bigger) and definetly bigger than my Classic 500

So first job is done, I like its understated looks and riding position. Fit and Finish is top notch but, looks run of the mill for many people. So a bit of modding will make it look much more exciting

Iam just hoping it will blow me away during the TD

Quote:

Any plans to do a TD of any of the models for TBHP ?

Who knows I might?;)....But, I do know that Iam going to ride a fellow BHPian's Bonny next week if he gets the delivery as promised( Hopefully....)

Update from yesterday's launch : Triumph Hyderabad has already secured 50 bookings on launch day :eek:

Now it will be a nice discussion if we think does Triumph really have it in them to displace HD as the most aspiration bike available in India?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3352014)
It's a little ahead of Ohris Building. Iam planning to visit them and HD on saturday morning. Want to join?
Triumph Hyderabad has already secured 50 bookings on launch day :eek:

Now it will be a nice discussion if we think does Triumph really have it in them to displace HD as the most aspiration bike available in India?

What time are you planning to go and see the bikes. I am also interested in the Bonneville. May not pick it up right away though.

And 50 bookings on the day of the launch. That is a pretty big number. Wonder how many of them are headed out of the City