Team-BHP - Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/103024-triumph-motorcycles-enter-india-edit-now-launched-pg-48-a-52.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfy (Post 3309113)
Speedy, I really hope what you say is true mate. I am one of those gazzilion heart broken daytona hopefuls with small little piggy banks. Any more light on this statement of yours? Any time line on when the standard daytona will hit the showrooms?

I just had a word with the Bombay dealership person and he informed me that later in the 3rd quarter of next year or max by the end of next year the daytona should be here the ckd route, but no promises. Please join the club..i am heartbroken as well :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by abarsenal (Post 3309697)
Thanks :) Initially I was told the same Jan 1st week delivery as announced during the launch. But today morning I was informed that, they are not sure which models would be ready for delivery by Jan 1st week, so it might go till Jan end or even Feb.

During the launch, I noticed grab-rails on the Daytona (Attachment), this is not seen on Daytona in other countries. Is this due to any norms to be followed here?? [I would remove it for sure :D ]

The Bombay dealership person informed of Feb deliveries.

I think the grab handles are due to Indian norms..hope they don't add a saree guard too on the bikes lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 3310040)
..hope they don't add a saree guard too on the bikes

Saree guard is also mandatory as per Indian laws for vehicles that can accommodate two people.

That's why another brand is exempted from the "mandatory" saree guards as they are single seaters as per manufacturing specs. Imagine a saree guard on that brand of motorcycles :Shockked::Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3310183)
. Imagine a saree guard on that brand of motorcycles :Shockked::Shockked:

Suppose that is a legal loophole as the same said company is selling rear seats as accessories. Should it not mandate that rear seat will be sold along with saree guard?

Now this looks like a business avenue missed by them lol:stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha1 (Post 3308898)
Do any of Triumph bikes carry the Brit thump?
I read up the tech specs of a few, and saw that all of them produce peak torque pretty high up in the rev range. Which gives me an idea that these are not exactly thumpers ...

Iam also particularly interested to know how a Bonneville sounds at idle and higher revvs. Any video links out there would be appreciated

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadanaJ (Post 3308278)
According to the website, there is no dealership currently in Mumbai.

First set of dealers are in Hyderabad, Bangalore and Delhi. I searched for the dealership in Hyd but, i understand its a Volvo showroom that is being renovated to Triumph Dealership in Hyderabad ( Rebel Motors) and i havent been able to locate the place yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by r_nairtvm (Post 3309018)
They are no longer the thumpers they used to be - specially with the current Muflers which has all sort of stuff (read it as catalyc converters etc). But if you change them to some after market ones, you still get a pretty facinating gunshot sounding (more like loud diwali crackers) noise. I am talking of the Classic range rather than the big and fast boys of the stable.

Ram, sounds like an interesting addition to the Bonny. Is the Bonny stock sound too subtle? Does it require muffler changes to enjoy the bike more? I mean is it just a cosmetic thing or related to performance as well.

Finally, one crazy query. I just couldnt resist and wanted to know thoughts of experienced riders here:D

If i ever graduate from a Classic 500 CC, What should I expect from a Bonneville in terms of overall feel, weight, ride and performance? Ups and Downs?

Basically a Classic 500cc Vs. Triumph Bonneville

Quote:

Originally Posted by VellVector (Post 3309813)
Where did you book your bike? Could you share the dealer's contact, I can't find it anywhere on the web.

Where do we book in Delhi?

Saw a Triumph dealership banner this evening at the Cash Pharmacy building's ground floor office space that used to be the Mitsubishi Auto Pacifica dealership (their signboard is still there but the glass walls have the Triumph banner). Not sure if this is the only Triumph dealership coming up at Bangalore or are there others ?

EDIT:An earlier post by volkman10 links an article with a picture of the dealership coming up at the Cash Pharmacy building on Residency Road, Bangalore - here

Technically guys, those speaking about "British thump", no multi-cylinder engine can thump. And thus no Triumph is going to thump. The only genuine British thump disappeared with the Bullet 350 (CI standard) in 2011. RIP the British thump.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 3311151)
The only genuine British thump disappeared with the Bullet 350 (CI standard) in 2011. RIP the British thump.

True that I would agree when the CI Barrels were replaced the bullets lost their thump. But have a look at the new Wild Boar Series of Stingers. They carry some thump but not exactly matching to the original stuff. They are a bit more deeper in my though.
Have fitted one on my bike and it is definitely loud though. Enough sound to keep those autos and pesky traffic away from my path

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 3310543)
Not sure if this is the only Triumph dealership coming up at Bangalore or are there others ?

Yep that is the only triumph dealership to be opened for Bangaloreans. Am not sure if there is sufficient volume to operate 2 dealers, at best they might open multiple service stations only if their sales do really good.

I stopped by the supposed dealership at Cash Pharmacy, there is just a huge banner outside and nothing and no one inside.

There was just one guard, who had no details except that the dealership was not open, they didn't even have somebody's phone number.

Triumph has to be the first company that wants to make it really difficult to book a bike. No phone numbers on their website and no response on their facebook page.

Very odd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 3311178)
True that I would agree when the CI Barrels were replaced the bullets lost their thump. But have a look at the new Wild Boar Series of Stingers. They carry some thump but not exactly matching to the original stuff. They are a bit more deeper in my though.
Have fitted one on my bike and it is definitely loud though. Enough sound to keep those autos and pesky traffic away from my path

My point was not so much about the material of the barrel as the number of cylinders per se. The aluminium barreled LBs (and now UCEs), as well as the big bore singles like the 690, and the Japanese 650 singles, technically, are still all classified as thumpers. Just not British thumpers (which is a throwback to the design elements of those times, carried forward in Indian Bullets till very recently). Correct me if I am wrong, but none of the new age Triumphs are single cylindered thumpers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VellVector (Post 3309813)
Where did you book your bike? Could you share the dealer's contact, I can't find it anywhere on the web.

I booked and made the payment at Aadya Motors on the outer ring road (Opp. to Lumbini Park). This week, Samarth who heads Keerthi Motors, called me and took my details, so that I could have the actual receipt from Keerthi Motors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 3311151)
Technically guys, those speaking about "British thump", no multi-cylinder engine can thump. And thus no Triumph is going to thump. The only genuine British thump disappeared with the Bullet 350 (CI standard) in 2011. RIP the British thump.

Agreed.

Basic requirements of a thump = low frequency of power stroke
Since low frequency of power stroke happens only when the revs are low - you need an engine with high torque at this rpm (which happens only on long bored engines) - to sustain the vehicle movement.

Secondary requirement would be metallurgy/muffler etc - which can only play the role of an EQ-equalizer.

In case of multi-cylinder - only if the power stroke happens simultaneously in both the cylinders can you get the thump.
(So it that the case with Bonny?)
I believe the Harley, they don't have thump, but still have a characteristic sound because of the two cylinder's power stroke close together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha1 (Post 3311998)
In case of multi-cylinder - only if the power stroke happens simultaneously in both the cylinders can you get the thump.
(So it that the case with Bonny?)

Yes it is . Both cylinders beat at once and have counter balances to reduce vibration.

Bonnie has a 360 Deg. firing sequence - or both cylinders fire together. Thruxton and Scrambeler has a 270 Deg firing sequence giving both of them an added grunt and few BHPs more.

I ageee with Doc that its not possible to get a 'thump" out of multi cylinders - that is why I compared the sound to that of a "Diwali Cracker".

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 3310040)
I just had a word with the Bombay dealership person and he informed me that later in the 3rd quarter of next year or max by the end of next year the daytona should be here the ckd route, but no promises. Please join the club..i am heartbroken as well :).

Triumph India website now lists only the R model under Supersports category.

Comparing the prices, I feel Daytona 675R is indeed a CKD model. I know its a steep increase from the prices announced in 2012.
Suppose, the Standard Daytona was released, it would have been around 9.5L (going by the difference between Standard and R in other countries), which puts it in the same category of Street & Speed Triple, in terms of % Change from 2012.