Team-BHP - Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/103024-triumph-motorcycles-enter-india-edit-now-launched-pg-48-a-44.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3295651)
As far as I know, the 2 year unlimited km warranty and the 8k kms service intervals are the same since HD's launch in India.

Apologies, I was told differently. The bikes came with 1 Year or 18K warranty whichever was early. Service intervals was once in 5000 Kms which i felt was an overkill considering that HD came with Synthetic Oil.

Yes the Arrow must sound more sportier on these 3 Cylinders.

Quote:

On a related note, I am waiting to hear the exhaust note of the Triples...

Dhiraj - may be THIS should give you a fair idea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCTC02NL7GM

Quote:

On a related note, I am waiting to hear the exhaust note of the Triples...

I for one doesn't like to change anything from stock. But if I were to I would go for the British Custom cones seen in the video below (towards the end of the video you can hear the sound)

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYBhSCSfSPg

Still no confirmed news of which models will be CKD. But going by a few people I've been talking to they are saying only the Bonnie, Street and Daytona might be CKD's rest all would be expensive CBU's.

Also this makes the choice very difficult for me since I had my heart set for a Speed Triple R. Thankfully they have equipped them with ABS even without launching the 'R' versions. Now only if we can test ride the Daytona and Street and put my money down and hope to get the bike in 2013. :D

I've been told by a friend that the bonnie will be priced around 5L, to compete with the entry level bikes of other brands.

Daytona is going to be priced at approximately 15L. No other details.

Another 10 days and all will be revealed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BikerSG (Post 3296476)
I've been told by a friend that the bonnie will be priced around 5L, to compete with the entry level bikes of other brands.

Daytona is going to be priced at approximately 15L. No other details.

Another 10 days and all will be revealed.

Daytona at 15L sounds suicidal to me! :eek:

I am eagerly waiting to check out the Tiger 800 XC. If it is priced "sensibly", I will drop my plans of a 300-400 c.c. and save up for it. Priced correctly, the XC should have a fair number of adopters in India.

Sorry for a lame question. What is the difference of Bonneville and Bonneville T100?

Also, is 5 Lakhs ex-showroom Delhi? Is this speculation based on some facts or just a wild guess?

Guys,
The address of the first Triumph showroom in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motormania (Post 3296514)
Daytona at 15L sounds suicidal to me! :eek:

Precisely, with the likes of Fireblade retailing for 17.xxL! And going by the international prices, random. If the Bonnie retails here at 5L, the Daytona price shouldn't exceed 11L or so, assuming both are brought down as CKD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motormania (Post 3296514)
I am eagerly waiting to check out the Tiger 800 XC. If it is priced "sensibly", I will drop my plans of a 300-400 c.c. and save up for it. Priced correctly, the XC should have a fair number of adopters in India.

I reckon the Bonnie and the Street Triple will rake in the volumes (relatively speaking, of course) for Triumph, until they start local manufacturing.

P.S. Speculating things is much more fun than I thought it was. stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3296542)
Sorry for a lame question. What is the difference of Bonneville and Bonneville T100?

Its not a lame question as there are differences

Bonnie T 100 is more for the US Market.

Its a Bonnie with 2" longer wheel base as the fork rake is slightly more to give it a slightly "lean back" seating position in what you can call a "American Cruiser Style".

In the past they used to come with a two tone colour on the tank and a Engine Block in pwder black with machined fin edges. (from 2014 I believe that the std Bonnie is also going to have colours and the engine block with machined fins).

Other bros like BritishBanger may be able to add more on this

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Quote:

Here is an articles which explains the difference

Quote:

With a frame and engine identical to the Bonneville, the differences between the two bikes are really of the dress-up variety. Already styled to mimic the ‘60s, the T100 gains a bunch of shiny chrome parts and a two-tone paint. The additions work well, so far as attracting attention goes. It’s rare to ride a bike that attracts the attention of so many old men as the T100 does. If you’re really struggling to find a geriatric sugar daddy, this bike would be a good place to start
Please see link http://rideapart.com/2012/03/a-tale-of-two-bonnevilles/

It concludes as below
Quote:

And that’s the T100’s big problem. It asks you to spend $1,400 more on a machine which is inarguably inferior to the one it’s based on. The Bonneville is probably the best of times you can expect on a retro-style bike. The T100 is a long way from being the worst, but it’s still worse. Just buy the regular Bonneville.
Cheers

KPS

Quote:

Also, is 5 Lakhs ex-showroom Delhi? Is this speculation based on some facts or just a wild guess?

In addition to what has been said above the Standard Bonneville has alloy wheels with tubeless tires (fixing puncture along the roadside is a 5 min job), whereas the T100 has conventional spoke wheels with tube-type tires (in the event of a puncture you have to remove the wheel, tube, what not and thats a time consuming/painful job)

As for pricing on the Bonnie, OTR in Bangalore atleast will be between 7-8 lacs. A shade lesser in Delhi probably with the difference in Road Tax structure.

Hello Folks,

Here is a link that will enable you all to check out specifications for all Triumph motorcycles.

http://www.motorcycle.com/specs/triumph

I sincerely hope that the link works.

Yes! there are a few changes between the T100 and the Std Bonneville as pointed out by Mr Ram & Mr Haroon.

The difference in wheel base is about 4mm (if I recollect), in real world riding it won't even be noticeable. You can wear out the chicken strips in both bikes, if that is what you are after.

The T100 was developed for the US market and the ergonomics/ visual package to aid the sales. So it is a tad more comfortable with pulled back bars, two tone paint and if I am not mistaken slightly different foot peg position (lowered) for more leg room. The T100 was also said to have a slightly taller gearing in 5th to aid highway cruising and a different instrument panel.

As mentioned the mag wheeled tyre is tubeless, making puncture repairs a breeze.

Also cleaning all those spokes is tiresome, while cleaning the mag wheel is easier.

So - basically, same wine (aka - engines) in two different bottles - both bikes look like it stepped out of the Meriden works.

I will note wade into the 'pricing' aspect, since I have no clue about it and it seems to be determined by a duty/ custom logic/ interpretation beyond my comprehension.

Take care and stay well.

BB

For those who want to compare Standard & T100 I am attaching a word document.

Compiled from - http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles

Best Regards & Thanks

Ram

Dealership for Bombay appointed as well.