Team-BHP - Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/103024-triumph-motorcycles-enter-india-edit-now-launched-pg-48-a-54.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3315065)
Btw, what was the fuel average that you used to get and in what conditions and also any special fuel is recommended ( Octane 97??) or these bikes are strong enough to take head on our adulterated fuel?

Also can you please throw some light on its maintenance costs and typical consummables that is changed during what interval?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Britishbangers (Post 3315106)
Hello Folks,

Filter KN204 or equivalents from a whole range of suppliers, fits many japanese motorcycles and is a bog standard filter.

Oil - Mobil fully Synthetic - 3.8 liters for complete oil and filter replacement schedule

Oil Change period - 10,000 kms

Tyres - 20 Kms on the Thrux and Scrambler - here, there is a 3 year period from date of manufacture wherein all tyres must be changed.

mobike008

The maintenance for the Bonnie has been exactly as BB has stated above - as BB was the person helping or leading with the maintenance, whilst the Bike was in Dubai

Please read the tyre change as 20K kms (BB seem to be missing the K in his kms these days - may be as he is flirting with his new Italian lass)

On fuel con sumption - for Bonnie - for usable capacity (say 15 litters) you can get about 210 to 225 kms - of high spirited ridding (constant speeds in excess of 120 kmph). With about 1.5 litters in reserve, the range used to be 250 kms.

I suppose with a lower speeds we should get a range of 275 kms - then again it would depend on the quality of fuel sa well.

See the fuel spec of Bonnie from user manual

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-fuel-spec.jpg

So the fuel we get in decent cities in India should do just fine. If I am not mistaken, the Petrol in India is now supposed to have been standardised at 94 Ron

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by r_nairtvm (Post 3315399)
If I am not mistaken, the Petrol in India is now supposed to have been standardised at 94 Ron

Ram Sir,
Thought it was 91 Ron but the website puts a toss between 91 RON & 95 RON.
wanted to check with you, how does the bike behave in Indian Fuel? Do you see any change in its performance/pick up and Low End Torque.
Also is there any increase in Knocking?

Quote:

Originally Posted by r_nairtvm (Post 3315399)
If I am not mistaken, the Petrol in India is now supposed to have been standardised at 94 Ron

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 3315464)
Thought it was 91 Ron but the website puts a toss between 91 RON & 95 RON. Wanted to check with you, how does the bike behave in Indian Fuel? Do you see any change in its performance/pick up and Low End Torque. Also is there any increase in Knocking?

Unleaded petrol with a minimum octane rating of 91 is sold across all cities now as unleaded gasoline and this is standard for bunks that sell BS3 and BS4 fuels. Some bunks also sell 95 and 97 octane fuels. Premium fuels are also the same octane rating but contain additives for better performance (debatable though).

Also since the bike is fuel injected, if there is a drop in fuel quality, the ECU would automatically retard the ignition timing to avoid knocking and damage to the engine. I'm positive Triumph would have some adjustments to compensate for Indian fuels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 3315477)
I'm positive Triumph would have some adjustments to compensate for Indian fuels.

Adi agree to your perspective, but Ram Sir has his UAE Spec so wanted to check on how the bike's performance is on Indian Fuel ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 3315477)
Unleaded petrol with a minimum octane rating of 91 is sold across all cities now as unleaded gasoline and this is standard for bunks that sell BS3 and BS4 fuels.

Also since the bike is fuel injected, if there is a drop in fuel quality, the ECU would automatically retard the ignition timing to avoid knocking and damage to the engine. I'm positive Triumph would have some adjustments to compensate for Indian fuels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 3315486)
Adi agree to your perspective, but Ram Sir has his UAE Spec so wanted to check on how the bike's performance is on Indian Fuel ;)

Adithya - it wa my bad that I mentioned it as 94 Ron - what I intended was 91 Ron

Since the Bonnies coming to India are supposed to be from Thailand - I don't think they have to adjust it too much - the fuel quality in Thailand is pretty much a hit and miss as in India - as such they must be already adjusted.

Mahesh, haven't had any chance to really open out the bike in India till date and hence, can't comment. On lower speeds, there hasn't been any noticable difference.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Any update on date of dealership opening in Hyderabad or Bangalore? Booking amount value? Delivery dates etc?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 3315464)
Ram Sir,
Thought it was 91 Ron but the website puts a toss between 91 RON & 95 RON.
wanted to check with you, how does the bike behave in Indian Fuel? Do you see any change in its performance/pick up and Low End Torque.
Also is there any increase in Knocking?

Though this is not particularly about Triumph or Bonnies, but I am sure you didn't actually mean knocking. Perhaps you meant lugging ability. I've seen this misuse quite frequently on team-bhp.

Knocking is an entirely different phenomena and sounds very very different from what the name suggests. In fact the better name for knocking is pinging - because that's how the engine sounds (especially at high revs) when fed with inferior octane number fuel. (Sounds like many popcorns bursting in a closed pan quite fast)

Lugging is the phenomena in which the engine is driven at very low rpm, and usually fails to develop sufficient torque and thus stalls.

I don't think anyone has a clue. Triumphs direct line has been removed from their website and a 1800 number that goes straight to voicemail has come in its place.

I had called a few days ago and had the good fortune of having a rather long conversation with some Mr. Sunil, the India service head.

They plan to start bookings between 7 - 12th Jan 2014 and irrespective of showrooms being open or not plan to deliver orders from 27 - 29 Jan 2014 (max February 1st week)

Waiting periods:
Since their bikes are coming from Thailand, the CKD bikes will have a waiting period, even in high demand of not more than 1 month (they're aiming for two weeks)

The CBUs (from UK) will have a waiting period of ~ 2 months after the first lot sells out. -- Daytona fans?

Service:
They plan to provide service to all locations. The usual flying in a mechanic method.

Price:
All the prices announced at launch are ex-showroom Delhi. To most other places transport will be applicable, so for example, ex-showroom Bangalore / Chennai will be ~ 20 - 40k higher.

If any delay is caused it will be because of bank arrangements for customer finance / statewise RTO registration.

Bikes:
They're planning on getting a 250 super tuned sbk though he said not to be too optimistic about pricing as it will be on the absurdly higher side and will launch November 2014.

Misc facts:
He was also saying that they're looking at a fast paced growth. Chennai has also been added in the first round of cities. Bangalore showroom will open by the year end and they seem to be serious about giving test drives! :awesome:

any more questions pls ask, I spoke to him about a lot of things, don't rem everything.

I just heard from unconfirmed sources that they are coming up with a facility for 250cc vehicles in kannur kerala.Can anyone confirm the same?

ram

India made Bonneville's first ride - http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...de-368254.aspx

And yes, the offending connector in the engine is now Black (pictured below)... lolz

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-indian-bonneville_1.jpg

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-indian-bonneville_8.jpg

What a garish front license plate. First thing to throw off the bike...
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-indian-bonneville_5.jpg

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-indian-bonneville_6.jpg

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-indian-bonneville_7.jpg

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-indian-bonneville_4.jpg

Cheers...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3325385)
India made Bonneville's first ride

My eyes, my eyes.

That number plate in front. :deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 3310040)
I just had a word with the Bombay dealership person and he informed me that later in the 3rd quarter of next year or max by the end of next year the daytona should be here the ckd route, but no promises. Please join the club..i am heartbroken as well :). The Bombay dealership person informed of Feb deliveries. I think the grab handles are due to Indian norms..hope they don't add a saree guard too on the bikes lol:

Can you please share the contact details of the Bombay dealership? Thanks

That front number plate is ghastly! Why could they not have placed it under the headlight like in the Bullets and Jawas/Yezdis?

This is so ghastly that its obvious they expect the riders to remove it the moment the RTO process is completed.

But what a glorious looking bike, and those lovely rainbow blued pipes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 3327832)
and those lovely rainbow blued pipes!

Would have liked them to be heat shielded in today's day and age.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3327834)
Would have liked them to be heat shielded in today's day and age.

I actually think they look glorious and are completely in character with a bike that looks like it came from the 1950s yet is a modern bike underneath. Triumph has gone to great pains to maintain the "look" - for example the throttle body clad with what looks like large twin flat slide carbs.

I never understood why someone would heat shield a pipe just to maintain shiny chrome - when the rainbow bluing the world over is the mark of a fast tuned machine. But yes, that's just me. Am sure there are loads of shiny chrome lovers the world over who would think exactly the opposite.