Team-BHP - Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/103024-triumph-motorcycles-enter-india-edit-now-launched-pg-48-a-2.html)

However they bring, its going to take some time. For CKD, they have to have some sort of partnership to get rolling which will take year minimum.

In case of CBU, would like to see how they are planning to go ahead with their strategy vis-a-vis Ducati and HD. All they have done is now named the guy who will be running the show...

@ Mods: If posting another link is prohibited please delete this link

Hi All,
Found this interesting link in the motorcycles about.com. Triumph Ready to Romp on Indian Market

A brief excerpt
"Triumph is the latest player to take a stab at the motorcycle wonderland that is India. In a statement issued today, the 109 year-old manufacturer announced intentions to officially sell bikes there, with the appointment of former Royal Enfield exec Ashish Joshi as Managing Director for India."

Looks like the entire global motorcycling fraternity is waking up and watching India more seriously. Signs of Indian Motorcycling becoming mature???

Does anyone have an update on Triumph's entry in India?

Wow !! Can't wait for them to hit the roads. CBU's have a disadvantage of high duties, so hopefully we should see SKD's soon.

An Update on the Triumph Launch:

Triumph nears India launch: Appoints Eulogy India to handle PR

Bumping this thread...
Are there any updates on anything about Triumph entering Indian market?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrini78 (Post 2574611)
Bumping this thread...
Are there any updates on anything about Triumph entering Indian market?

Appears that they are tight lipped on the actual release dates. However media in UK speculate that Triumph should be good to go for India by 2012.

Triumph motorbikes to enter India in 2012 - Motoring - Life & Style - The Independent

However not much details around this link though...

Latest on Triumph's venture in India -

Triumph reveals 2012 India range - News - Autocar India

Good part is, they are coming via the CKD route and for me personally the Bonneville would be rolled out in the 1st phase !!

Happy Motoring !!

Great news!

Impressed with the line up they have in mind for the market here. If they are coming with CKD, have heard no news about the plant or tie-ups with any partners. OR will they be on their own?

sigh...I thought they should have got scrambler man...Its the best suited bike IMO for Indian roads & its conditions...
looks like I have to go outside the country to bring one...

If the Daytona comes in via the CKD route from Thailand, it should cost somewhere between Rs 6L - 7L OTR (purely based on my speculation) which should get it all the right attention. Specially because of a lack of any proper 600cc Supersports in the country (pardon me for not counting the GT650R into the ranks).
Maybe, just maybe, this will make the Japs consider bringing in more firepower into the country! CBR 600F??? Amen !!

I am also impressed with the line up for India. The way it looks they seem to be working to a game plane & I hope they price the bikes well.

Have to see how they price the Bonneville SE (will they take it head on with the Sportster SuperLow).

@Haroon FYI, info from HD stable from WI,USA. They are rolling out a 750cc for Indian/Asian market with a price tag under 4L...If this price holds to be true then I guess Triumph has to rethink their Bonny price & also Ducs & many other players in the market

I think we as buyers in IND are in for a treat when it comes to SBK's

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrini78 (Post 2594741)
@Haroon FYI, info from HD stable from WI,USA. They are rolling out a 750cc for Indian/Asian market with a price tag under 4L...If this price holds to be true then I guess Triumph has to rethink their Bonny price & also Ducs & many other players in the market

I think we as buyers in IND are in for a treat when it comes to SBK's

I dont think so .HDs are cruisers.SBK's are >1000cc . I would have agreed if we had a 750 (supersport) bikes alteast with 4 L tag(on road/home) :) .We Indians would surely be in treat if we get a SBK(1000cc) for around 6L on road/home or a BUSA for 8L on road/home :D.

Maybe my term of SBK's was wrong but the point is HD has designed a 750cc xclusively for IND...Pls wait & watch it'll all be unveiled...
My point was if HD prices it at 4L for a 750cc then there will be tons of buyers willing to shell out & this is gonna create ripple effect in RE sales