Team-BHP - Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/103024-triumph-motorcycles-enter-india-edit-now-launched-pg-48-a-12.html)

Good to see Triumph responding to prospect email queries.

Can't afford a Bonneville though the old school looks are great.

Waiting for the "cheaper" 350 single is the option. Wondering how cheap it might be?

Ashish Joshi and Triumph Motorcycles have parted ways according to ACI's report (Ashish Joshi quits as Triumph’s MD - News - Autocar India)

Hope this does not impact or delay India plans at Triumph.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardy (Post 2746720)
Ashish Joshi and Triumph Motorcycles have parted ways according to ACI's report (Ashish Joshi quits as Triumph’s MD - News - Autocar India)

Hope this does not impact or delay India plans at Triumph.

Whoa. This is quite a shocker. Even before operations commence on our soil the MD has quit.

Hopefully their plans are on track and they don't do a Ducati on the interested folks.

That's a shocker! Hardly been a month since I was in touch with Ashish Joshi regarding bookings.

Any insider information on the reason for the split?

Hope this doesn't delay or hamper the launch in any way.

I don't think MD quitting could delay the launch. But the question is - why did he quit so early? that too before launch?

Interesting news, didn't he join them only months ago ? The names I heard who replace him for the time being , there were two names I read, were Brit , so it will bring into consideration their understanding of the Indian market.

Are they hiring ? Time to bring out my CV :D !

Triumph delays its launch in india. Earlier they were planning for a july/august launch and now its postponed to october. Source: Triumph India

Early bird catches the worm/petrolheads ? .

If they have to come , they had to come on the announcement date .They keep delaying ,ppl will loose interest .Its like wolf ,wolf . Even if they come next time , nobody will be interested .

BSMotoring tests Triumph Street Triple R and here is their report TRIUMPH 675 STREET TRIPLE R - Triple Treat

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay99 (Post 2789519)
BSMotoring tests Triumph Street Triple R and here is their report TRIUMPH 675 STREET TRIPLE R - Triple Treat

Hi djay99, thanks for the link, flattering report but not really useful unless done in India on Indian roads. We always knew that the Street triple is special !

Cheers.

Hello Guys,

You would recall that there was some talk about the missing one in the lineup for India - the Scrambler.

Just have a look at the "concept Scrambler" that was there in the Tridays - the biggest ever Triumph festival (picture from Bike India - June 2012, issue).

See what possibilities we are missing out in India - as its simply not available in the line-up

Definite Drool Mal:D

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Any news about their showrooms and bookings? June is almost ending and July they were suppose to start booking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajaybiz (Post 2819562)
Any news about their showrooms and bookings? June is almost ending and July they were suppose to start booking.

They have postponed their launch and bookings to october. No news of bengaluru showroom.

Triumph coming to Karnataka | News | Autocar India
Iconic British motorcycle manufacturer Triumph recently signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Karnataka state government

I am hoping Triumph's slow (& frustrating) pace of entry into India is going to bring some positive results in the long run for Indian bike enthusiasts. Seeing the way Triumph has been going about their business on the international scene, they definitely seem to be a company that has a well defined direction positioning themselves very well between the Japanese and the premium European bike makers.

Seeing a report of about 250,000 bikes to be churned out of the Indian plant, they definitely are not going to be all Bonnevilles & Daytonas, but surely to keep the cash registers ticking the majority of the bikes are going to be small capacity high sales volume bikes. And with some reports of small capacity Triumphs being spotted testing in UK & Spain and speculations on a possible 250/350, I am sincerely hoping they will have a good offering of bikes at affordable prices for Indian bikers.