Team-BHP - Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/103024-triumph-motorcycles-enter-india-edit-now-launched-pg-48-a-15.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 2957945)
Not to worry Shubz, Triumph are very clear on their approach to India and would not get into the likes of AC. They are setting up shop something similar to HD. They should be in India by Q2, 2013 as work on building their factory is gathering storm (needs to be confirmed and will be riding to Kolar one of these days and will keep this in mind)

Thats good to know!! So the bikes that would hit the market would be the one's that would be manufactured here in Kolar.

This reminds me of the KTM story. If the plant is yet to come up, then I doubt if Q2 is a feasible timeframe by when the bikes would hit the showroom/roads. Nevertheless its a wait and watch for now.

Do let us know of your ride to Kolar and the impending visit to the site. :) Thanks sir.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 2958178)
Thats good to know!! So the bikes that would hit the market would be the one's that would be manufactured here in Kolar.

This reminds me of the KTM story. If the plant is yet to come up, then I doubt if Q2 is a feasible timeframe by when the bikes would hit the showroom/roads.

Initial lot of bikes will be bought to india as CBU's but triumph will sell them at CKD rates as govt gives some consession on duty as they are setting up a plant here in india. So the initial buyers will get a CBU.
I am hoping for them to launch in April and planning to pick a street triple.
Next question - will they bring a 2012 or 2013 street triple.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay99 (Post 2958361)
Initial lot of bikes will be bought to india as CBU's but triumph will sell them at CKD rates as govt gives some consession on duty as they are setting up a plant here in india. So the initial buyers will get a CBU.
I am hoping for them to launch in April and planning to pick a street triple.
Next question - will they bring a 2012 or 2013 street triple.

That would be super amazing - to get a genuine Triumph (Brit?) at Indian rates.

Only problem is the UK is really strong versus the Rupee.

What is the expected price? Anything new on that?

Street Triple of course clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 2958376)
That would be super amazing - to get a genuine Triumph (Brit?) at Indian rates.

Only problem is the UK is really strong versus the Rupee.
What is the expected price? Anything new on that?
Street Triple of course

Yes we will get a genuine CBU at CKD price. And man the exhaust and power delivery is amazing and 2013 model has a power to weight ratio of 576 BHP/Ton :Shockked:. You can do 0 to 100KMPH in 3.5Sec and 0 to 200 in ~10Sec with a fuel efficiency of around 20KMPL :)
Watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWxo7-aMZUA and hear the exhaust.
I am not sure whether triumph brings 2013 model. Lets wait and watch. I got news that they are trying hard to price closer to the earlier announced prices but i am expecting them to launch street triple at 5.99 Lacs as Ducati sells M795(CBU) for same price. When ducati is managing to sell at 5.99 then why not triumph? Ducati is not delivering and thats a different issue.

Edit: Doc, triumph will not import from UK. They will do it from Thailand and they will be benefited with the free trade agreement between india and thailand.

Thanks DJay you seem to have an inside line, so would really appreciate regular updates!

The specs are orgasmic - and yes I have heard a triple in real life!

Only a Gixxer comes close to that IMHO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay99 (Post 2958459)
Yes we will get a genuine CBU at CKD price. And man the exhaust and power delivery is amazing and 2013 model has a power to weight ratio of 576 BHP/Ton :Shockked:. You can do 0 to 100KMPH in 3.5Sec and 0 to 200 in ~10Sec with a fuel efficiency of around 20KMPL :)
Watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWxo7-aMZUA and hear the exhaust.
I am not sure whether triumph brings 2013 model. Lets wait and watch. I got news that they are trying hard to price closer to the earlier announced prices but i am expecting them to launch street triple at 5.99 Lacs as Ducati sells M795(CBU) for same price. When ducati is managing to sell at 5.99 then why not triumph? Ducati is not delivering and thats a different issue.

Edit: Doc, triumph will not import from UK. They will do it from Thailand and they will be benefited with the free trade agreement between india and thailand.

djay99 is my best friend now! I wish the Duc's had got it all right in the first place. Well, One man's meat is another man's poison. Hope the Triumph guys have seen the Ducati fiasco in India and do everything possible from their ends, to ensure smooth launch/deliveries.

The prices mentioned by djay bro is drool worthy! I hereby declare djay99 as my bestest friend out here! (please keep us all posted on anything new that comes up) clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 2958966)
djay99 is my best friend now! I wish the Duc's had got it all right in the first place. Well, One man's meat is another man's poison. Hope the Triumph guys have seen the Ducati fiasco in India and do everything possible from their ends, to ensure smooth launch/deliveries.

The prices mentioned by djay bro is drool worthy! I hereby declare djay99 as my bestest friend out here! (please keep us all posted on anything new that comes up) clap:

Don't feel sad.

Feel happy.

Very happy!

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs...796-89973.html

http://www.ridermagazine.com/road-te...-road-test.htm

They are not in the same ballpark bro. Chalk and chese really.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 2958966)

The prices mentioned by djay bro is drool worthy! I hereby declare djay99 as my bestest friend out here! (please keep us all posted on anything new that comes up)

Hey Shubhankar it looks like you and doc are very much interested in street triple.
We cannot compare Ducati and Triumph here in india. Triumph are setting up a factory with an investment of over 400 Crores initially. So they are here to stay long.
Their market study will point that only street triple, bonny and daytona will sell in good numbers. So they will price them a bit reasonable compared to speed triple, tiger etc.
They may also offer introductory price or some accessories like fly screen, cowl etc as they do in England.
I also got to know that they are trying to buy an unused plant so that they can start their assembly operations asap.
Will keep this thread updated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 2958972)
Don't feel sad.
Feel happy.

Very happy!
http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs...796-89973.html

http://www.ridermagazine.com/road-te...-road-test.htm

They are not in the same ballpark bro. Chalk and chese really.

Very rightly said. I believe street triple was the middle weight bike of year 2007 or 2008. Infact people compare it with Moster 796 and triumph won in many cases. I also saw a comparo of ST with Ninja Z750 and ST won. So ST will be worth even if they launch at 6L.

2013 Triumph Street Triple vs Outgoing model:
* 1st gear tops at 121 KMPH instead of 105
* 2013 model weighs 6KG lesser at 182KG. 3.6KG weight reduction from exhaust, 1KG from revised rear wheel, 0.6kg from the swinging arm and 0.8kg from the rear end assembly.
* Weight distribution in 2013 is 48% Rear and 52% Front compared to 51% Front and 49% Rear
* An increase of 10% overall fuel efficiency by making taller first gear and new throttle bodies designed to give improved fuel economy.
* A genuine top speed of close to 240KMPH
* Rear brakes are from Brembo

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay99 (Post 2960331)
2013 Triumph Street Triple vs Outgoing model:
* 1st gear tops at 121 KMPH instead of 105
* 2013 model weighs 6KG lesser at 182KG. 3.6KG weight reduction from exhaust, 1KG from revised rear wheel, 0.6kg from the swinging arm and 0.8kg from the rear end assembly.
* Weight distribution in 2013 is 48% Rear and 52% Front compared to 51% Front and 49% Rear
* An increase of 10% overall fuel efficiency by making taller first gear and new throttle bodies designed to give improved fuel economy.
* A genuine top speed of close to 240KMPH
* Rear brakes are from Brembo

Conclusion: More than what 99% of Indian riders can use in 99% of real life Indian riding conditions.

Hoping against hope that they can spring a big surprize on the pricing though.

6 Lacs ex-showroom means close to 8 all told.

I agree, I am very tempted. But I'll probably get the 390 and bash it around with less of a weight on my heart. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho

Conclusion: More than what 99% of Indian riders can use in 99% of real life Indian riding conditions.

6 Lacs ex-showroom means close to 8 all told.

I agree, I am very tempted. But I'll probably get the 390 and bash it around with less of a weight on my heart. :)

Honestly speaking ST is too much for indian roads. I feel too much tempted when I look at specs, performance figures, hear the exhaust but at same time think can I really use all 100 horses on our roads?
IMO 400cc with around 50 bhp is more than enough. Bajaj guys know it very well and imo duke 390 is more suitable for our roads.

I rarely use 110 horses of my car and drive at 100kmph most of the times on high ways even though my car can do 200+. Our roads are not just safe for such acceleration is what i feel.
I think and again when i see spec,.performance figures, hear exhaust... Its a vicious circle :)

Edit: 6L ex show room is 7L onroad in blr and 6.5 onroad in pune.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 2960363)

Not Really. Its a very forgiving bike and more or less lends itself to the ridding skills of one on top. That is if the one on top is sensible.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay99 (Post 2960401)
Honestly speaking ST is too much for indian roads. I feel too much tempted when I look at specs, performance figures, hear the exhaust but at same time think can I really use all 100 horses on our roads?

I rarely use 110 horses of my car and drive at 100kmph most of the times on high ways even though my car can do 200+. Our roads are not just safe for such acceleration is what i feel.
I think and again when i see spec,.performance figures, hear exhaust... Its a vicious circle :)

djay bro - I don't think that is going to deter many of the buyers. that said, nobody gets to max out their machines (particularly the bigger ones) on Indian roads. the things you mentioned, the performance, the specs, the exhaust note, the exclusivity factor etc are the one's that draws people to it. and as Ram sir mentions below - Only the sensible one's should think of getting on top of such machines.

Any place (read website) for a good camparo on 2012 v/s 2013 street triple?

Quote:

Originally Posted by r_nairtvm (Post 2960403)
Not Really. Its a very forgiving bike and more or less lends itself to the ridding skills of one on top. That is if the one on top is sensible.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 2962855)
Any place (read website) for a good camparo on 2012 v/s 2013 street triple?

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/642/14...irst-Look.aspx

http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/11/05...-r-first-ride/

The only thing I'm disappointed about is the new exhaust, I really liked the twin under seat exhausts. But I guess practicality wins over looks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarsh11 (Post 2962936)
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/642/14...irst-Look.aspx

http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/11/05...-r-first-ride/

The only thing I'm disappointed about is the new exhaust, I really liked the twin under seat exhausts. But I guess practicality wins over looks.

Totally agree. The exhaust is a big let down :( I wish Honda pulls out a card out of its sleeve (read CBR 600RR) :) Wishful thinking!

Triumph has silently removed the word "early" from their website.

Earlier: Currently there are no Triumph dealerships open in India and the plan is to have dealers operational by early 2013 and sales/bookings to start after that.

Now: Currently there are no Triumph dealerships open in India and the plan is to have dealers operational by 2013 and sales/bookings to start after that.

I guess they might be launching by May/June 2013.