Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2011, 21:17   #61
BHPian

Re: A Harley dream comes true !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Would love to work on that 883 cc motor, just need a willing 'murga'. DKG are you planning on a Stage 1 mod's soon? You could easily take your 883->1200.
Luky that aint a stage1
You're talking a big bore to get to 1200
May be you got confused as you're workin on the big boy & this is a lil cousin which you dont pay much attention
Old 4th July 2011, 21:31   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrini78 View Post
Luky that aint a stage1
You're talking a big bore to get to 1200
May be you got confused as you're workin on the big boy & this is a lil cousin which you dont pay much attention
Hey shrini, for me stage 1 starts at big bore... the rest are small nick nacks, the 1200 produces some real neck snapping - tyre shredding torque.
luky_13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 22:40   #63
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
are you planning on a Stage 1 mod's soon? You could easily take your 883->1200.
For some reason I kind of enjoy keeping a car or bike stock. If I want performance I would any day prefer riding my VFR than tweak the 883. I like the stock 883's power delivery, pulls like a tractor. The only mod I will go for is the Screaming Eagle exhausts and then again not for the improved performance but that sound !!

Last edited by DKG : 4th July 2011 at 22:52.
Old 5th July 2011, 15:23   #64
BHPian

Congratulations sir for the shining new HD!!!

After riding a Harley about 9 years ago, I always wanted to purchase one, but it never made much economical sense, but after looking at your pictures, I am excited all over again. I think the SuperLow is really a VFM proposition.

I had a question about the brakes - does the SuperLow come with ABS? I think ABS is necessary for such a powerful bike.

If ABS does not come standard, is it at least available as an option? I checked the HD India website but could not find it under the specs, hence asking.

Thanks in advance.
MandarMax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 17:39   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
I had a question about the brakes - does the SuperLow come with ABS? I think ABS is necessary for such a powerful bike.

If ABS does not come standard, is it at least available as an option? I checked the HD India website but could not find it under the specs, hence asking.

Thanks in advance.
On bikes that are being sold in India ABS comes standard with Touring and V-Rod/Night-Rod, they aren't standard or optional with the other families. Over in the US, an optional ABS is package is available on Softails and some other models. I'm pretty sure that there would be some after market options available though.
Old 5th July 2011, 23:05   #66
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
does the SuperLow come with ABS?
From what I understand for 2011 ABS is standard on the bigger Harleys like the Heritage Softail, the Fatboy, the Road King and Touring machines. I don't think they offer it as an option on the Sportster series.
Old 6th July 2011, 23:43   #67
BHPian

DKG, is Super Low suited for Indian roads i.e. with the potholes and big, unscientifically-planned speed breakers which crop out of nowhere. How do you manage to prevent it from scraping the road??? And which fuel do you use???
Old 7th July 2011, 07:36   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
So next year back to Kashmir on the Harley?

Now that would be super fun!!!

Congratulations DKG. You have fuelled passion of so many people here on the forum.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 10:55   #69
BHPian

Congratulations deepakyet another beauty to your stable. Today happens to be my birthday and while i was browsing through the pictures of your bike being 'uncrated' a collegue of mine came up behind me and asked me "SO YOU GOT A SURPRISE GIFT FROM YOUR WIFE!" to which i replied "IF ONLY MY AUNT HAD B@##S SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN MY UNCLE" but on a more serious note, am sure gonna get my hands on the hog one day.
Corgrats once again!
aadithsince1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 13:49   #70
BHPian

DKG Sir, congrats. Wonderful ride. Keep enjoying and hope fully will see you in a crossroad somewhere in Hyderabad
hydswift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 15:43   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Hey shrini, for me stage 1 starts at big bore... the rest are small nick nacks, the 1200 produces some real neck snapping - tyre shredding torque.
May be we could work on mine from 96 to 103 once my bike gets here.
But where will I do the dyno once i upgrade to big bore?
Old 8th July 2011, 16:07   #72
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
DKG, is Super Low suited for Indian roads i.e. with the potholes and big, unscientifically-planned speed breakers which crop out of nowhere. How do you manage to prevent it from scraping the road??? And which fuel do you use???
No I wouldn't say its suited for Indian roads. But then most luxury cars aren't either with their low profile tyres and relatively low GC.

You have to adapt your riding style to Indian roads on a Super Low. I am now simply avoiding even attempting the speedbreakers and going to the corners to cross. Yes its a bit of a drag but a small price to pay for the joy otherwise.

My first ride as I mentioned earlier, I scraped both foot pegs, its that low !! so now I am cautious on turns and don't lean the bike as I would my VFR. So its all about small changes to the riding style to then focus more on the huge fun it otherwise delivers.
Old 8th July 2011, 16:17   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
No I wouldn't say its suited for Indian roads. But then most luxury cars aren't either with their low profile tyres and relatively low GC.
DKG,
Not to demean your selection, this was one of the main reasons why i turned away from the HD shop. Super Low/48 all have 100 mm GC, probably might have wagered on the Iron 883 which has 120 mm. But guess you ought to live with this small blemish and be a lot careful.
Old 8th July 2011, 17:31   #74
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Super Low/48 all have 100 mm GC
Even the Forty Eight is 100 mm
Old 8th July 2011, 17:52   #75
BHPian

DKG, what brand of fuel do you use for your Harley (Speed 91, Speed 97 etc etc)???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks