Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2012, 19:57   #46
rbp
BHPian

Re: The Green Assassin - My 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post
Anybody knows any dealership who is giving TD for N650? I am in search of a TD. I enquired probiking showrooms at trivandrum and Calicut. Both of them dont have TD vehicle.
Well! they dont have 650 in enough numbers to sell, I would say forget test ride at least for another 6 months.

I am fed up enquiring about the next lot of 650 in BLR, have put a word to KTM Mysore. Still no news.
Old 18th September 2012, 22:15   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post

I am fed up enquiring about the next lot of 650 in BLR
I got a call from Calicut Probiking showroom telling that they are going to get a 650 in next couple of days and if paid the advance of Rs 10K it can be blocked in my name.
Old 19th September 2012, 13:44   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Well! they dont have 650 in enough numbers to sell, I would say forget test ride at least for another 6 months.
I am fed up enquiring about the next lot of 650 in BLR, have put a word to KTM Mysore. Still no news.
Getting a Demo vehicle is still a year away IMO. A lot of guys in Bangalore are waiting for the 650. Hope Bajaj can ramp up assembly soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post
I got a call from Calicut Probiking showroom telling that they are going to get a 650 in next couple of days and if paid the advance of Rs 10K it can be blocked in my name.
Take a written commitment buddy. These guys might just supercede you later with someone who paid a few grand extra. Also take in writing the approx. time of possible booking so that your money is not locked in for donkey's years.
narula123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 15:19   #49
BHPian

Congratulation on purchasing the mean Green machine
Old 21st September 2012, 13:51   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hey Narula,
Did you get your bike in bangalore? How much insurance did you pay for it?

OT:
Vijayabank is offering two wheeler loan at an interest rate of 11.2% (Daily reducing basis) without any processing fees. 11.2% is lowest interest rates on a two wheeler in india. They offered me to sanction in a day's time and disbursement in 3 to 4 working days. Best deal IMO.
djay99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2012, 14:40   #51
BHPian

Hi

I guess Bajaj did not anticipate such a response & hence imported a very limited number of kits sadly.
I believe the maximum number of 650s (earlier edition) were sold thru the Mumbai PBK outlet at Kanjurmarg and they have sold 6 of the 2012 bikes and have stopped accepting bookings on the 18 th of August.
Congratulations to the OP on his machine which truly seems to be built to last!!!
Rgds
Old 22nd September 2012, 00:22   #52
BHPian

So my sweetheart reached Bangalore today but despite all precautions and packing, the idiots at Agarwal Packers & Movers managed to break the LHS Rear view mirror (it was broken from the stem itself). Thankfully nothing else was damaged and my P220 and house hold items came scratch free too.

Of all things WHY THE NINJA ????

Anyways as expected the part is not in stock with any dealer and will take about a week to come with an approx cost of 2.5k. Should I claim insurance & let go of the no-claim bonus or should I keep the NCB intact?

Rode her for the first time on Bangalore roads tonight and boy oh boy can she rip. She's nowhere near the adrenaline rush of the supersports or the i4s but shes powerful nonetheless. The one missing mirror makes me feel like I married Aishwarya Rai & then someone chopped her one ear off. Cant wait to get it fixed and install the frame sliders and tank pad.

Will get time on Sunday to click some more pics for you folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melroyal View Post
Congratulation on purchasing the mean Green machine
Thanks melroy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Hey Narula,
Did you get your bike in bangalore? How much insurance did you pay for it?
Insurance was something around 8900 bucks approx. Too lazy to get up and check the document for exact figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinyaar View Post
Congratulations to the OP on his machine which truly seems to be built to last!!!
Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 08:39   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
So my sweetheart reached Bangalore today but despite all precautions and packing, the idiots at Agarwal Packers & Movers managed to break the LHS Rear view mirror (it was broken from the stem itself).
Congrats on finally getting the bike down to Blore.

Agarwal packers and movers used to be very good and meticulous once upon a time. In 2005 i moved to chennai and all the household stuff and my bike (fiero) was transported without a hitch. Same case when i got transferred to Pune in 2008. But when i finally relocated back home to blore, these guys lost some pooja items, a coral ganesh idol which had a lot of sentimental value to us and the car that was supposed to be sent down had been driven over 200 kms with luggage inside it and had lots of scratches on the sun control film.

Anyway, i'm guessing if you had the time you would have ridden the bike down to blore. With a sports tourer like this one, the last thing one would need before a ride is an excuse

Quote:
Anyways as expected the part is not in stock with any dealer and will take about a week to come with an approx cost of 2.5k. Should I claim insurance & let go of the no-claim bonus or should I keep the NCB intact?
Keep the NCB intact. It's not worth losing it over a mirror. I would suggest you to ask the transporter to pay for the damage instead and file a claim with their office (they have transit insurance and assuming you availed it).

Also suggest you opt for zero/nil depreciation top up cover for your bike. For my 250R it cost me only 800 bucks and is over and above the premium amount and no depreciation is calculated in the event of a claim (no 50% for rubber, glass, etc.). This is good for claims upto 1lac but might vary depending on model of the bike, cost, etc. Must have, if you ask me for a premium/expensive bike like this. God forbid any untoward incident though.

Quote:
The one missing mirror makes me feel like I married Aishwarya Rai & then someone chopped her one ear off. Cant wait to get it fixed and install the frame sliders and tank pad.
Lol. I was thinking more on the lines of Kylie Minogue.

You might want to consider the Shogun frame sliders. They are the best you can get, albeit a bit expensive. For tank pads, i would suggest Motografix as they are very well made and are of high quality injected resin and stick like cement. The adhesive is strong but won't damage the paint on the bike too. See this.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 09:28   #54
BHPian

Great news. On getting your bike to bangalore, would love to ride with you ASAP , just waiting to get my bike from this lot crap. Hope I get it soon, we are a group of three and all of us have booked the ninja.
Old 22nd September 2012, 23:31   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Anyway, i'm guessing if you had the time you would have ridden the bike down to blore. With a sports tourer like this one, the last thing one would need before a ride is an excuse

Keep the NCB intact. It's not worth losing it over a mirror. I would suggest you to ask the transporter to pay for the damage instead and file a claim with their office (they have transit insurance and assuming you availed it).

Also suggest you opt for zero/nil depreciation top up cover for your bike.

You might want to consider the Shogun frame sliders. They are the best you can get, albeit a bit expensive. For tank pads, i would suggest Motografix .
If only I had a job which gave me enough time to ride her down. Would have been a dream come true.

I thought so too about the NCB. These Agarwal people have stopped insuring vehicles in transit and only insure household items. They are only willing to say sorry to me with a promise that the culprit shall be caught (reminds me of Indian cops shown in movies)

I got insurance from Oriental done by the dealer at the time of delivery. Any idea if they have this top up option?

Have already purchased R&G sliders and Rascal Grafix tankpad. Will share pics when they'll go on the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajanvr View Post
Great news. On getting your bike to bangalore, would love to ride with you ASAP , just waiting to get my bike from this lot crap.
Best of luck and congrats. There are quite a handful of 650 owners in Bangalore who ride together frequently and are quite a fun bunch. You can join our community on facebook for all N650 owners in India.

Last edited by narula123 : 22nd September 2012 at 23:33.
Old 23rd September 2012, 22:56   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got insurance from Oriental done by the dealer at the time of delivery. Any idea if they have this top up option?
Yes, Oriental Insurance Co. offers this top up cover. I'm not sure if they will add it after the policy has been issued (pro rata). I availed it every year during renewal of my policy.
Old 23rd September 2012, 23:39   #57
rbp
BHPian

@narula123:- I am extremely sorry for hijacking your thread, I hope you don't mind.

Did a down payment of of 3 Lakhs today at KTM Mysore for the N650, I was told the bike will arrive by 15th of next month. Surprisingly today evening I got a call from the KTM Mysore manager, he informed me that the bike is already in transit and will be mine by next week. I am already flying.

@all :- Any one who seriously wants to own a N650 should get it from Mysore.

@n_aditya :- Are the frame sliders and tank pads available in Bangalore or online?
Old 24th September 2012, 08:49   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@n_aditya :- Are the frame sliders and tank pads available in Bangalore or online?
I'm not sure if Performance Racing Store (PRS) is already having stock of frame sliders for the new 650. You could check and if unavailable you can buy it online from Bike Bandit or Motorcycle Superstore.

Tank pads can be bought off the shelf from PRS. They stock Rascal Grafix tank pads.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 11:28   #59
BHPian

Quote:

@all :- Any one who seriously wants to own a N650 should get it from Mysore.
+1. Thats what I did - Just remember to push to get the TR papers quickly if you are registering the bike in Bangalore. My TR was done over 10 days ago and I still dont have the papers from Mysore RTO. Only after I get that can I submit for regular registration in Bangalore.

Balaji from KTM Mysore is very helpful but he hasn't been able to complete this. Let him know in advance about this if you are registering the bike in Bangalore. You can tell him you dont want to wait like Satish has been waiting. He will know
Old 24th September 2012, 16:44   #60
BHPian

Quote:
@narula123:- I am extremely sorry for hijacking your thread, I hope you don't mind.

Its a N650 thread buddy. You are more than welcome to contribute.

PRS does have stock of R&G frame sliders available last i checked. You can get it shipped to bangalore like I did. Tank pads are available here with the Yamaha showroom opposite Forum mall (he stocks DSG and PRS stuff and can also get anything from either of their catalogues for you to Bangalore).
narula123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks