Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2015, 17:20   #76
BANNED

Re: Ducati Diavel - Forged in Hell - Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Damn! 37 lakes on road, are there even changes mechanically making that price tag that high or just the cosmetic changes?
No mechanical changes. Only cosmetic. Titanium pieces on certain panels.

And Most Importantly, Limited Edition of only 500!

Add to the fact that it will probably come from Italy, so higher tax compared to the imports from Thailand which allows for such sweet pricing on the rest of the range.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 12:31   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Damn! 37 lakes on road, are there even changes mechanically making that price tag that high or just the cosmetic changes?
There is just one thing different between both the carbons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
The ex-showroom Bombay price for the Diavel Dark is INR 13.75 lakhs for which the on road cost works to INR 16.67 lakhs as I posted earlier.

The ex-showroom price for the Diavel Carbon Red is INR 16.89 lakhs, so I am assuming the on road Bombay price should be around INR 20 lakhs. There are two models in the Carbon range, the Red and White, maybe the ex-showroom and on road price for the Red and White is different. But, since the Carbon Red ex-showroom price is INR 16.89, I do not think the on road price would be INR 10 lakhs more than the ex-showroom.

I checked the Dark out when I took a test ride a week or so back. I am going to Ducati Mumbai again when the Monster 821 is available for a test, will check regarding the Carbon models.

Cheers.
When you do go to the showroom, please do check..i have not made up the prices, but just informed what the sales people told me. If you go to see, the octroi and registration does not work out to 3 Lakhs for the diavel. I paid Rs 1.96 lakhs (octroi and registration) MH 01 passing for my bike with an ex showroom of Rs 16.98 lakhs.

Well if your not mistaking the Titanium as a white, both the carbon red and white..are at the same price. I am not even sure if they offer the carbon white here.

In the Family we got a Diavel and mine will come after monsoons.
Old 12th June 2015, 18:38   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
When you do go to the showroom, please do check..i have not made up the prices, but just informed what the sales people told me. If you go to see, the octroi and registration does not work out to 3 Lakhs for the diavel. I paid Rs 1.96 lakhs (octroi and registration) MH 01 passing for my bike with an ex showroom of Rs 16.98 lakhs.

Well if your not mistaking the Titanium as a white, both the carbon red and white..are at the same price. I am not even sure if they offer the carbon white here.

In the Family we got a Diavel and mine will come after monsoons.
Hi Speedy,

Firstly, congratulations in advance on getting your Diavel in a few months!

The pricing breakup of the Dark as received via email for MH 01 on 1st June,2015. All figures in INR.
Ex-showroom: 1,472,706.00
Insurance: 44,181.00
Temporary registration: 2,000.00
Logistics charges: 10,000.00
Total INR 1,666,976.00

The point which I was trying to make earlier is, the price difference between the Dark and the Carbon should not be INR 10 lakhs as you had mentioned.

I was not insinuating you made up the prices, just stating my point. Besides, am sure you have better things to do .

No misunderstanding pal, I very well know the difference between the Dark, Carbon Red/White and the Titanium.

Cheers.
Old 13th June 2015, 06:40   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Hi Speedy,

Firstly, congratulations in advance on getting your Diavel in a few months!

The pricing breakup of the Dark as received via email for MH 01 on 1st June,2015. All figures in INR.
Ex-showroom: 1,472,706.00
Insurance: 44,181.00
Temporary registration: 2,000.00
Logistics charges: 10,000.00
Total INR 1,666,976.00

The point which I was trying to make earlier is, the price difference between the Dark and the Carbon should not be INR 10 lakhs as you had mentioned.

I was not insinuating you made up the prices, just stating my point. Besides, am sure you have better things to do .

No misunderstanding pal, I very well know the difference between the Dark, Carbon Red/White and the Titanium.

Cheers.
The Ducati India website shows the diavel as Rs 13,75,000. I wonder why one has to be charged for logistics..

I understand what your saying..but as i mentioned, the carbon red on road price was mentioned to me by the sales person there. The website shows it as Rs 16,89,000

http://www.ducati.co.in/bikes/diavel/diavel/index.do
Old 13th June 2015, 14:35   #80
Senior - BHPian

Everything has now been cleared by the owner of the dealership. The carbon red is Rs 20.5 lakhs and the carbon white is Rs 21 lakhs on road. She also mentioned is Rs 26 lakhs must have been mentioned with additional accessories.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2015, 15:25   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Ducati India website shows the diavel as Rs 13,75,000. I wonder why one has to be charged for logistics..

I understand what your saying..but as i mentioned, the carbon red on road price was mentioned to me by the sales person there. The website shows it as Rs 16,89,000

http://www.ducati.co.in/bikes/diavel/diavel/index.do
The logistics charge seems to be a way of generating extra money for the dealer. Possibly, they think a person spending this kind of money, will not quibble for INR 10,000.00 or, they may try to justify this charge as transportation. Please debate the logistics charge when you make payment for your bike.

I would also question the INR 2,000.00 charge for temporary registration, especially if one is taking delivery after permanent registration formalities are completed. After all, a penny saved is a penny earned.

What is the breakup of the on road price given to you for the Carbon Red?

How can the dealer or the sales person quote a on road price inflated with accessories? At the very least they owe you an apology.
Cheers.

Last edited by Cyborg : 13th June 2015 at 15:30. Reason: Speedy replied at the same time.
Old 13th June 2015, 16:06   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Its a Rs 10 lakh difference between the two. If it was just a Rs 3 Lakh difference there would be many Carbon Diavels on the road.
The price difference been the the Dark & Carbon variant is just a shade over 3 Lacs. For the difference you get carbon fiber side panels and fancier wheels.

Quote:
I am not even sure if they offer the carbon white here.
They do have the Carbon White trim available for India, its priced slightly higher than the Carbon Red.

Also, have you checked on the touring (rider + pillion ) seat option for the Diavel? The showroom is still to get back to me on the price and availability of the seat.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks