Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2014, 12:03   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200: The "Big Tiger" exploring Indian roads! EDIT : Now SOLD

First of all a hats off to you Pramod for taking the path of Adventure bikes that many seldomly take. Secondly congrats on buying the Triumph Tiger 1200 XC, I must say that you made a very good decision by going for this adventure class motorcycle.

Finally Haroon your knowledge on this category of bikes is very well appreciated and it helps prospective buyers like me to make a well balanced decision. I too am planning to join this group of Adventure Tourers by buying an Adventure motorcycle for myself some time in the future. I have already booked the RE Thunderbird 500 for now but eventually I would move on to a full blown Adventure Motorcycle and your tips Haroon would be very helpful while deciding.

Pramod once again congrats to you, ride hard and ride long mate because this beast of a Adventure Motorcycle begs for it.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 13:29   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200: The "Big Tiger" exploring Indian roads! EDIT : Now SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Got the delivery done at Nagpur on 1st Aug 2014 rather than riding it from Pune, enjoy some of the pics of truck and bike
Pramod, congratulations on the TT. Nice ride you had to HYD and back. All best and am sure you will have a gala time with the Tiger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Taking a little liberty from Pramod on Adventure touring subject on his thread and coming to your query on the Caponard,
Haroon, some great inputs there, and a lot for aspirant tourers to learn from you.

@jkd - saw a Bonney in TVM when I was there - around the DPI Jn - a Blue & White one, any TBHPian ?

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 10th September 2014 at 13:31.
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 14:29   #48
BHPian

Whatteyyy Machineeeeeeee!

The design is straight out of the world.. For me this is the ideal bike, I dream to own one in future..

I'm sure you must be tall and strong built, and this bike is a man made gift to all the tall people out there..

Ride safe!
CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 23:44   #49
BHPian

Congrats Pramod, that is a huge bike, sure will be an attention magnet !

One of the reasons I didn't even bother with adventure bikes is the height, other than that they're the most practical bikes for Indian (non)roads , seems like you could sail through the worst roads with confidence, like an SUV on two wheels.

Wish you miles and miles of safe and exciting riding !
Old 12th September 2014, 11:55   #50

Many Congratulations on your purchase of this awesome bike. This surely is one hell of a bike. Wishing you many many happy miles on this. Keep sharing your riding stories.

Regards,
Atul Aggarwal
Old 16th September 2014, 00:03   #51
BHPian

Rode for 350+ km on Sunday, utilized the cruise control, a first time on any motorcycle for me. Cruise control works great on explorer, I never thought it can be a great feature, it turns out to be great if you are on 4 lane roads, much needed rest to right wrist on that long rides!

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 21:14   #52
BHPian

Small update, crossed 2k kms on odo today, sorry no pictures yet mostly I ride alone and the only thing I have with me currently in my iPhone 4s.

The bike is coming to life now, but I felt the bike wobble at high speed for some time, not sure if it was just one off experience or wheel spokes need to be looked at, maybe some spokes need tightening

-Pramod
Old 21st September 2014, 22:59   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
The bike is coming to life now, but I felt the bike wobble at high speed for some time, not sure if it was just one off experience or wheel spokes need to be looked at, maybe some spokes need tightening

-Pramod
Hi Pramod, likely you will not find anything wrong with the spoke.

Suggest you look at a steering damper (see the picture below), especially if you were feeling the wobble at higher speed. May be you may have got it on your to do card already

Name:  Steering damper.png
Views: 4269
Size:  56.9 KB

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 15:50   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Hi Pramod, likely you will not find anything wrong with the spoke.

Suggest you look at a steering damper (see the picture below), especially if you were feeling the wobble at higher speed. May be you may have got it on your to do card already

Ram
Thanks Ram, didn't thought of steering damper, will definitely look at this option, on second thought it may be just one of the incident because of what ever reason road, throttle or may be wind.

-Pramod
Old 22nd September 2014, 18:09   #55
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations for a wonderful bike pramod. Have seen her in triumph showroom and she looked massive. She is like SUV of bikes and i guess you need not slow down when you see a bad stretch of road . Amazing set of wheels
Old 22nd September 2014, 18:59   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Many congratulations for a wonderful bike pramod. Have seen her in triumph showroom and she looked massive. She is like SUV of bikes and i guess you need not slow down when you see a bad stretch of road . Amazing set of wheels
Thanks, and yes its a SUV , take everything thrown at it, I am slowly getting used to the bulk and handling, its gonna take some time to remove that "big bike" feel out of mind and enjoy the ride, hard part I ride R15 to office daily and can feel the difference on daily basis!

-Pramod
Old 28th September 2014, 11:05   #57
BHPian

Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200: The "Big Tiger" exploring Indian roads!

Did a good 250+ kms early morning ride today, and took some pictures too :-) Got myself a new mesh riding jacket and scala Bluetooth G9x. jacket is quite airy and quite good for Nagpur weather, the leather and triumph navigator makes the ride quite difficult here in Nagpur.

Enjoy some snaps of my Tiger
MP-MH border, ready to get back

Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200: The "Big Tiger" exploring Indian roads! EDIT: Now on the BMW R1200 GS-imageuploadedbyteambhp1411882193.049731.jpg

Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200: The "Big Tiger" exploring Indian roads! EDIT: Now on the BMW R1200 GS-imageuploadedbyteambhp1411882258.654854.jpg

Side profile
Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200: The "Big Tiger" exploring Indian roads! EDIT: Now on the BMW R1200 GS-imageuploadedbyteambhp1411882287.383659.jpg

Surrounding, Pench jungle
Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200: The "Big Tiger" exploring Indian roads! EDIT: Now on the BMW R1200 GS-imageuploadedbyteambhp1411882319.094183.jpg

Odo reading
Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200: The "Big Tiger" exploring Indian roads! EDIT: Now on the BMW R1200 GS-imageuploadedbyteambhp1411882394.042898.jpg

The Odo currently reads 2450 kms, I didn't felt any wobble today, tried quite high speeds runs looks like it was one off incident.

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 28th September 2014 at 11:13.
pramods is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th September 2014, 20:03   #58
Senior - BHPian

Lovely bike Pramod. By the way where did you get the G9x and for how much? Thanks.
Old 28th September 2014, 23:47   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Lovely bike Pramod. By the way where did you get the G9x and for how much? Thanks.
Thanks, how is your GS doing ? Got the Scala g9x from Pioneer motorcycles here at Nagpur, this is a new multi brand super bike sales (new, second hand) and accessories store(I got a rjays mesh jacket too for daily use) , g9x comes with1 year warranty and costed 20K, the MRP says 21.5K+ on the box

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 28th September 2014 at 23:49.
pramods is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 08:35   #60
Senior - BHPian

The GS is doing great. Nearly daily short rides and a once a week medium ride. Its good fun. I've been playing with handlebar position and its surprising how a small roll can make it from back breaking to super comfy! Recently had a nice high speed run with a friend who's got a harley and it was bloody fun! Harleys can be fast!

And then we took the bikes to a nice river shore. Believe me it's the best fun you can have with bikes like these with the rear stepping out and riding hundreds of meters sideways! Try it!

Please tell me more about the multi brand store. Which brands do they have and do they have new bikes from all these brands under one roof? It this like the typical big bike stores abroad?

Last edited by navpreet318 : 29th September 2014 at 08:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks