Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2015, 05:43   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

The clutch freeplay is adjustable. Almost every owner has done it post recieving it and the bike feels way different in a good way.
Old 30th August 2015, 08:41   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I felt that ride is bouncy and not so confident inspiring. I run 34-36 now a days and find it a lot better than the recommended tyre pressures. However running a low pressure might wear off the tyre faster, but I am ok with that.
Actually the tyre pressure is recommended in a way where the rider gets maximum grip while the tyre is not heating up more than it should.

The FZ1, CBR and the Z800 probably running the tour tyres make recommendations to manage this.

Also what will work for one person will not work for another due to their own weight, suspension set up and overall the type of road they are riding.

If the wear and tear starts to look completely random it definitely means incorrect pressure.

The best tyre pressure is what the manufacturer recommend specifically talking about road bikes. ( On Track - This is a parameter for efficiency and effectiveness)

I would recommend you to maintain the tyre pressure the manufacturer recommended and not to tweak it too much (Lower)

Also check tyre pressure when Cold and not after its warmed up. Air expands/Pressure inreases at higher temperatures.

For your weight try to find the optimum suspension and so optimum pressure.
Old 30th August 2015, 17:18   #153
BHPian

Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Also what will work for one person will not work for another due to their own weight, suspension set up and overall the type of road they are riding.
Totally agree with this. Infact the first thing I did after getting the bike is adjustment of suspension according to my weight and liking!

Quote:
If the wear and tear starts to look completely random it definitely means incorrect pressure.
I meant faster wear and tear of tyre when running lower air pressure compared to the company specs. Not the uneven wear.

Quote:
The best tyre pressure is what the manufacturer recommend specifically talking about road bikes.
Like you said the best tyre pressure again depends on lot of variables. So i feel its always better to try out different combinations (not too off from the recommended) and find the one which works for self.
I settled upon the current air pressure values after fiddling between differen set of values and found myself comfortable.
But I strongly feel 40/42 are little too high unless you are riding on flat and even expressway kind of roads. Just my opinion.

Regards,
Harsha
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 20:48   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
I settled upon the current air pressure values after fiddling between differen set of values and found myself comfortable.
But I strongly feel 40/42 are little too high unless you are riding on flat and even expressway kind of roads. Just my opinion.
I have experienced traction issues on bad or uneven surface when rear tyre pressure is set to 40-42PSI on my Z800.
If riding on good highways then 42PSI is good. For bad roads 38PSI is better IMO.
Old 31st August 2015, 20:24   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In fact the first thing I did after getting the bike is adjustment of suspension according to my weight and liking! Harsha
Hi Harsha,

Please could you explain how you went about adjusting the suspension to your weight and liking? Do make it as detailed as possible

Thanks a lot!

Ride safe.
Old 31st August 2015, 23:35   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Hi Harsha,
Please could you explain how you went about adjusting the suspension to your weight and liking? Do make it as detailed as possible
Sorry for going OT:

My FZ1 has a fully adjustable suspension on it. The first thing i did was to get the "static sag/ pre-load" adjusted, followed by compression damping and rebound damping. However there are no fixed set of values for everyone, so I just kept on fine tuning it till I found it comfortable. Thanks to the mechanic at the yamaha showroom in hyderabad who is very knowledgable and at the same time co-operative too.

Here is the link for basic adjustments which we can do for suspension in gist : http://motorbikewriter.com/set-motorcycle-suspension/
For more details : http://www.sportrider.com/suspension-setup-guide

However not many bikes come with a fully adjustable suspension, but on most of the bikes "SAG Adjustment" is possible, here is a simple way to do it (you need two or three people to do it properly) : http://www.sportrider.com/ask-geek-s...ic-sag?image=2

For me the job was lot more easier as I found a detailed guide on how to adjust the suspension on my FZ1 and have couple of recommended values based on inputs from riders on the international FZ forum. So I did not worry about messing up with settings
Here is the link I followed : http://cartestsoftware.com/fz1/suspe...djustment.html

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Harsha
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 07:12   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Most of the big bikes I have seen (including my FZ1) have similar tyre pressure recommendation. But i feel that it is on higher side especially on your not so even surfaced highways. Also after having 36-42 on my FZ1 (recommended tyre pressure according to manual) I felt that ride is bouncy and not so confident inspiring. I run 34-36 now a days and find it a lot better than the recommended tyre pressures. However running a low pressure might wear off the tyre faster, but I am ok with that.

I suggest you to lower the tyre pressure and see how it feels.

Regards,
Harsha
I need to check the bike by running a lower pressure and see how it affects ride quality.I havent faced any issue with the recommended tyre pressure.

Also, running a lower pressure , my concern is damaging rims on our super smooth highways in case of going over a pothole/bump.
Old 1st September 2015, 22:22   #158
BHPian

I had gone to the Wings Dealer today to get the Saree Guard removed and Rim tapes plus Tank Pad installed. He told me there were a few more accessories on the way like Hugger and Cowl.

Here is how she looks now:
It was so hot and humid that I forgot how to click pictures from a phone and managed to put my finger on the camera.

Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh-image-311.jpg

Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh-image11.jpg

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 23:43   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Here is how she looks now:
It was so hot and humid that I forgot how to click pictures from a phone and managed to put my finger on the camera.
That swingarm is just so beautiful. Cant wait to check her out in person Rachit bhai

And I see you are getting the lean on. Naiiiisss

I empathise on the heat bit. Its nuts these days. Havent ridden for around 2 weeks now :(

You at least had the patience to stand in the sun for a couple of clicks
Old 2nd September 2015, 01:21   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
That swingarm is just so beautiful. Cant wait to check her out in person Rachit bhai

And I see you are getting the lean on. Naiiiisss

I empathise on the heat bit. Its nuts these days. Havent ridden for around 2 weeks now :(

You at least had the patience to stand in the sun for a couple of clicks
Thank you so much brother.
I am sure a lot of people know that these bikes are better for leaning, but I wasn't confident about my abilities with this league of bikes.

After a couple of rounds on Gurgaon - Faridabad road and I have realized, leaning on these bikes are more confidence inspiring and much more stable. I think it is primarily because of their weight and hence extra momentum that if you balance with your body weight feels better. I am sure, these huge stickier tyres, chasis design and weight distribution helps.

With Karizma I was always scared of low sliding while trying to hang out or it needed much higher speeds to kind of reach that balance.

Although I am still not very comfortable with throttle modulation on the CBR. Also since I am being graduating from a normal bike I am too used to rear braking hence while leaning right my feet gets confused to either brake or get in a leaning position and my body position gets all screwed up.

Hopefully will improve with time. I too want to show her to you guys. Hopefully will try for GGN FDBD Road this weekend. I will keep you guys posted.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 09:08   #161
BHPian

Is the 650 only available in this color scheme in India? Btw Congrats to Mr Rachit for the beauty, Hope to see this beast on Ggn Faridabad road this weekend
Old 2nd September 2015, 17:21   #162
Senior - BHPian

The accessories are as listed, in the UK they come as Supersports pack for a small premium.
http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/m...A%20CBR650.pdf
Old 3rd September 2015, 21:31   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post
Is the 650 only available in this color scheme in India? Btw Congrats to Mr Rachit for the beauty, Hope to see this beast on Ggn Faridabad road this weekend
Thank you brother. Yup, currently the 650F is only available in this colour. More colours might join in by next year I guess.
Old 4th September 2015, 09:50   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Thank you brother. Yup, currently the 650F is only available in this colour. More colours might join in by next year I guess.
We had been to the local Honda showroom to check out the 250R on the day 650 was launched. The sales adviser attending to us told that 650 was available in 3 color schemes - red, black and the one you got. The display bike was also in full red.

Last edited by ashis89 : 4th September 2015 at 09:51.
Old 4th September 2015, 15:53   #165
BHPian

Went to the dealer stockyard to do a quick PDI. Hopefully getting my bike delivered tomorrow.

Question: Should i go for Teflon coating? If yes, on which parts? I'm still undecided on 3M Paint protection or regular waxing (too lazy),
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh-20150904_122009.jpg  

loki is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks