Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2015, 16:08   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
Question: Should i go for Teflon coating? If yes, on which parts? I'm still undecided on 3M Paint protection or regular waxing (too lazy),
First of all, congrats man!

Regarding the teflon, IMHO, its not worth it. I have opted for the so-called 'teflon' coat for my Royal Enfield from the showroom. All they did was apply 2 coats of polish right in front of me and charged me 400 bucks for it! Took me some time to realize that it was just normal polish!

It's better to polish the bike yourself once a month and keep her shining!
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 16:45   #167
Senior - BHPian

Teflon works for me, keeps my 250 shining for 3-4 months and i skip the monsoon and get another coating done. More cost effective if you buy these stuff online and polish it yourself

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 4th September 2015 at 16:47.
Old 4th September 2015, 20:38   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
We had been to the local Honda showroom to check out the 250R on the day 650 was launched. The sales adviser attending to us told that 650 was available in 3 color schemes - red, black and the one you got. The display bike was also in full red.
Well that is a surprise. Hearing it for the first time. What I have been told is that this is the only color for now. More would come from next year onwards.

Quote:
Went to the dealer stockyard to do a quick PDI. Hopefully getting my bike delivered tomorrow.

Question: Should i go for Teflon coating? If yes, on which parts? I'm still undecided on 3M Paint protection or regular waxing (too lazy),
Hearty congratulations brother. Wish you many pleasurable miles with her.

If you read on Tbhp for Teflon you will get a lot of info. Most guys recommend against it. The reason that I got is that Teflon is a trademark Dupont product and except for Reliance Autozone in India nobody else is authorized to sell it. So most people just polish in the name of Teflon.

In my opinion what teflon does, regular polishing can do the same. I might be wrong but this is just my opinion from some reading that I have done.

I did get 3M Paint protection on my bike. Lets see how it holds up. Too early to comment on that. Regular polishing does help a lot too in my opinion.

Share some delivery pictures.

Rachit
Old 6th September 2015, 14:08   #169
BHPian

Thanks folks!

Got the bike delivered yesterday. Phew. Was a long wait. More pics and initial impressions to follow. Fitted frame sliders in the Showroom itself. Need to buy a cover soon - have put my dad's Activa's cover for now

Clicked a pic with my beloved 2007 Karizma R and 2009 Fiat Linea.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh-20150906_130305.jpg  

loki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 16:26   #170
BHPian

Congratulations brother. We both graduated from Karizmas. One big happy Honda family.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 06:00   #171
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man. I'm going to wait a year to see if Honda will add more colors, nothing against the Tricolor but a single tone Gloss Red/Black/White/Silver would be nice. Also have to see what to do with the 250, would be nice to have it to commute around Blore traffic and keep the 650 for the weekends.
Old 7th September 2015, 12:54   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Congratulations brother. We both graduated from Karizmas. One big happy Honda family.
Thanks Rachit! Not for once did I even think about selling my Zma. Its served me well. I'm keeping it. Are you selling yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Congrats man. I'm going to wait a year to see if Honda will add more colors, nothing against the Tricolor but a single tone Gloss Red/Black/White/Silver would be nice. Also have to see what to do with the 250, would be nice to have it to commute around Blore traffic and keep the 650 for the weekends.
Thanks man. I wanted Black/ Silver as well. But there was no concrete info from Honda on upcoming color options. Plus waiting wasn't an option for me - if i had waited for another year or so, then i might have had to take an extra set of approvals to buy the bike

I liked the Tricolor as well so decided to bite the bullet (no pun intended ). Hope Honda launch other color options soon. I'm sure there a lot of potential buyers for whom color is a deal breaker.
Old 7th September 2015, 23:23   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rachit! Not for once did I even think about selling my Zma. Its served me well. I'm keeping it. Are you selling yours?
Nops, I am keeping mine too as of now.
It might be replaced later next year with something vintage.

But till then I am going to keep it.

Rachit
Old 14th September 2015, 13:51   #174
BANNED

Cbr

Guys
How is the overall response to the bike in your place? Here in Kochi (and kerala in general since EVM Honda is the sole dealer ) the enquiries have not been translated into sales.
Cheers

Last edited by dilipkumar7278 : 14th September 2015 at 13:55.
Old 14th September 2015, 14:29   #175
BHPian

5 bikes delivered already in Bangalore + a few more bookings. Delhi must be doing twice of that.

OTR Kerala is touching 9 L right? Thats insane and the main reason why enquiries aren't translating into sales
Old 14th September 2015, 15:09   #176
BANNED

Quote:
5 bikes delivered already in Bangalore + a few more bookings. Delhi must be doing twice of that.

OTR Kerala is touching 9 L right? Thats insane and the main reason why enquiries aren't translating into sales
Yes and road tax is around 20% of the vehicle ex-showroom price. I am also in two minds whether to go for this bike or look for other options..Kawi 650/800..
Old 14th September 2015, 21:12   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Yes and road tax is around 20% of the vehicle ex-showroom price. I am also in two minds whether to go for this bike or look for other options..Kawi 650/800..
How do you guys intend to ride these big bikes out of second gear? I heard there's a 70kmph speed limit on the highways for bikes?
Old 17th September 2015, 16:53   #178
BHPian

Test rode the CBR650F today, and what a machine! In every way, this is the perfect bike for our country, and one of those rare motorcycles on which you can carry your wifey/gf without them ripping your head clean off.

Only three issues I found with the bike that aren't already well known:

1. The engine casing protrudes quite noticeably on the right hand side, which when hot is a rather painful thing for your right leg. You'll not notice it while riding, but when you put the foot down.

2. Taking sharp turns is quite difficult, the handlebars come really close to the tank, and are rather low set, which means that at a right turn I ended up hitting my gloves on the tank before realizing I couldn't go any further.

3. Price! All things said, the bike still doesn't command an 8L+ tag, in my opinion.

Positives:

1. Brilliant brakes, C-ABS standard. Although I am confused, how does C-ABS work? If I press only the front brake, what would the C-ABS do?

2. Looks proper superbike from the rear, can't say the same for the front though.

3. Extremely sweet sound, I would never change that stock exhaust.

All in all, a day well spent.

P.S. Was testing out what luggage would look good on it, and the ViaTerra Raptor fits like a glove :-D
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh-_mg_4473.jpg  

Old 17th September 2015, 18:18   #179
BANNED

Hi
What's your opinion on the refinement of the engine? Also would like to know about the vibrations that many owners mention in other forums.
Cheers
Dilip

Last edited by dilipkumar7278 : 17th September 2015 at 18:28.
Old 17th September 2015, 18:26   #180
BHPian

No vibrations at all, and that might be because this bike had gone through its first service already, done some 1100 kms. Refinement is amazing, pulled from 30 to 120 in 6th gear without even the slightest hiccup.

Gearbox is extremely slick, throttle is extremely responsive. The whole package is as refined as it gets.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks