Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2015, 17:26   #91
BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post

For a 230kg bike, it feels quite nimble. It did not feel heavy or tough to manoeuvre in traffic. However, while taking standing U-turns, the handle comes uncomfortably close to the tank, but it is not a deal breaker. The test ride stretch was a straight road, so I can't comment on the corner craving ability.

The suspension is on the softer side and the ride quality is plush on city roads. Gobbles up the undulations quite well and feels planted. I presume, this would mean it's not a bike you can throw into the corners, but it will be quick for street riding standards. Will be interesting to see how the Dunlop rubbers hold up.

Suhas - How do you compare between 250R and 650F in the fairing department ? Any inference on what it will lead to city driving (with engine heat) ? I still have no clue on what we mean by half or full fairing.
Is the kerb weight around 230 kgs ? I thought it should be around 210 kgs. Or is the Indian version heavier ?

I think the rear suspension comes with pre-loads. Probably the showroom guys might have set it for a soft setting just to impress the test riders . Dunlops should hold good for touring with better longevity, but not for tracks.

Last edited by shan_ned : 13th August 2015 at 17:33.
Old 13th August 2015, 18:35   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericK46 View Post
Which showroom is this Suhas?
Only one showroom in Bangalore has this currently. Silicon Honda, RV road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Did you feel it as a bigger 250 and don't you want to buy one?
It indeed feels like the bigger 250. The sitting position, practicality and refinement, all considered.

To be very honest, for the love of the i4 exhaust note and the usefulness of the C-ABS, I'd buy this. But if you consider the quality, power and practicality of the Ninja650, it is very difficult to justify the 2L+ premium this bike commands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
Is the kerb weight around 230 kgs ? I thought it should be around 210 kgs. Or is the Indian version heavier ?
My mistake. You're right Nedu, the kerb weight is indeed 210 kg.
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 19:55   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
With the description you just mentioned above felt like that of a Passion, hunk or some 150cc bike. In noway does it sound like you rode an 8+Lakh rupee bike.
Ha Ha Ha. Ouch!! I apologize if it came out that bad.
Actually I didn't get to unleash its power at all. First the bike was not insured. Second, mostly I was stuck in traffic with it and that too with a pillion.

My most important agenda was to evaluate if the bike had vibrations or not. Some of the US reviews said that the bike has some vibrations at idle or at lower revs. I am happy to report that at least I felt the engine to be super smooth.

Also, because of my limited experience with bikes of this league, I try to refrain from posting on the feeling of power. Everything in this segment feels like a rocket to me posting a huge grin on my face and making me too excited.

Regards
Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 20:55   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is that your bike? Looks neat and well maintained
Yes doc. Thanks and it takes a lot of effort with no access to water and space to clean the bike which in turn means investing mroe on cover and religiously spending fifteen minutes to cover, lock with chains and enable any potential GPS tracking in case someone flicks in the night. No i am not living in Pudupet but in New Jersey the city of bike thieves.

Quote:
The clutch wire is left exposed! Come on Honda, you could add a rubber bellow to cover it! Your Unicorn has it!
I feel its funcational to leave it open to inspect nad change. Many times the cables break at the joint and we usually dont find it unless its completely kaput. I have seen these open cables in the R6 and higher end sports bike. May be its visual indicator to make it easier to inspect.
Quote:
To be very honest, for the love of the i4 exhaust note and the usefulness of the C-ABS, I'd buy this. But if you consider the quality, power and practicality of the Ninja650, it is very difficult to justify the 2L+ premium this bike commands.
I would say more with respect to the Z800 which is bigger, better and much more refined. The Ninja 650 was never my favorite. Almost felt like riding a washing machine than a motorycle. Even with after markets the bike never felt like a machine that i love to ride everyday.

Last edited by VW2010 : 13th August 2015 at 20:57.
Old 13th August 2015, 21:18   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post

I feel its funcational to leave it open to inspect nad change. Many times the cables break at the joint and we usually dont find it unless its completely kaput. I have seen these open cables in the R6 and higher end sports bike. May be its visual indicator to make it easier to inspect.
The reason it's not generally advisable to leave it open is because the exposed wire will deteriorate due to water and grime, especially in our dusty conditions. A rubber protects the cable from these and will in no way affect the adjustment. It's exposed on my 250R too and I've put a rubber from a unicorn. It's a two minute job.

Edit: added a pic too. Sorry for going
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh-tapatalk_1435031886762.jpeg  

Last edited by Added_flavor : 13th August 2015 at 21:20.
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 21:44   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I do not want someone else's smell following me around on the bike one inch from my nose.
Imagine if the test rider had generously oiled his hair with jasmine hair oil.

Helmet is as personal as toothbrush/underwear.

I know, Aruanbh didn't know & couldn't do much, but I wouldn't have left there silently. What next, stealing petrol from our parked bikes?
Sheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 20:48   #97
Senior - BHPian

Easily the best review of the bike from India. We already another reviews from Indian Youtube channels.

mail4ajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 21:37   #98
BHPian

Heres another one from hyderabad.

When is the official Team BHP review ?
loki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 10:23   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
Heres another one from hyderabad. https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=we1Kxlfek2U

When is the official Team BHP review ?
What a terrible "review"/ first impression!
The reviewer makes it sound like the bike is the best thing since sliced bread. I wonder how many i4 600s he has ridden.
TheCelestial is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 12:20   #100
Senior - BHPian

Got the above from http://cycle-ergo.com/ using an average rider height of 5'7" and one can see the forward lean of the 650 F compared with the 650 R. The former is more sporty and crouched, probably leading to better control on the twisties. OTOH on longish tours the lower back of the rider may take a bit of strain.
Also noticed the fairing of the Honda is smaller leaving the engine exposed while the K has the engine covered with the vents directing the radiator heat away from the legs.
goandude is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 23:07   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial View Post
What a terrible "review"/ first impression!
The reviewer makes it sound like the bike is the best thing since sliced bread. I wonder how many i4 600s he has ridden.
Same sentiment here. Neither of these 2 video reviews speak of anything other than how smooth, how powerful and how worthy the bike is at 8 lac rupees - nothing about why it's better or worse than others, what specific quirks or strengths it has , barring the horn/indicator button placement. So much bandwidth and minutes spent, all for this.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 23:50   #102
BHPian

So took the delivery of my baby today. Have waited for 8 long years for my own inline 4. The dealer told me, mine is the first delivery in Delhi. Might it be the first in the country? Considering the factory is here and he should be the first to get the bikes? Not sure, plus it does not really matter to me as well.

Sorry for only a couple of pictures. It was really a rushed affair because I had to go to the office also after taking the delivery. I have started working on the ownership thread. Will post it once I have some decent number of KMs under my belt to form an educated opinion.

Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh-img20150819wa0000.jpg

Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh-img20150819wa0001.jpg

The feeling has still not sunk in. Hopefully will, in a couple of days..

Regards
Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 00:37   #103
BHPian

Congrats Bro! Looking forward to your ownership thread.

My booking is #3 in the queue in Bangalore - and they currently only have 2 bikes for delivery Atleast thats what the showroom ppl have been telling me. They have requested for more bikes from the initial lot from Delhi. Or guess we have to wait for the next lot of CKDs from Thailand.
Old 20th August 2015, 01:18   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
Congrats Bro! Looking forward to your ownership thread.

My booking is #3 in the queue in Bangalore - and they currently only have 2 bikes for delivery Atleast thats what the showroom ppl have been telling me. They have requested for more bikes from the initial lot from Delhi. Or guess we have to wait for the next lot of CKDs from Thailand.
Thank you very much brother. I think the deliveries should start everywhere soon. The Dealer did tell me, since he is the tower or one of the master dealers that he has started sending bikes down south too.

Hopefully you should have your bike soon.

Rachit
Old 20th August 2015, 01:44   #105
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Rachit! I understand the feeling you must be going through. What modifications and accessories are you planning for the bike? Waiting for your ownership thread!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks