Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2015, 13:20   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

And here are the pics. Bike at Silicon Honda, RV Road. Droolworthy. Sadly, out of reach.

Pic credit - my dear friends Rohit and KT.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh-img20150805wa0008.jpg  

Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh-img20150805wa0009.jpg  

Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh-img20150805wa0010.jpg  

naveenroy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 14:19   #47
BHPian

Found this on a Facebook page. Shows the mysteriously bloated price of the 650F in India.

Comparison was carried out about a month ago with the then currency conversion rates.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh-honda.jpg  

Added_flavor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 17:52   #48
BHPian

The bike is targeted at people looking for a renowned brand i4 bike who were stretching for a z800. This will be a lac cheaper. Pricing isn't great but it's not bad either.

Here is one comparison article I found, have a look. It might help you choose better

http://motohive.in/honda-cbr650f-comparison/
Old 5th August 2015, 19:26   #49
BHPian

The bike is available for display at the Delhi Dealer. I went to check it out.
Delhi OTR is 7.98 Lakhs.

The dealer did mention that it is an introductory price and might increase with time. I cannot confirm any accuracy of this statement. But he did mention it.

From yesterday, he has booked 7 bikes already.

On the bike:
Looks good. It looks a wee bit smaller than the ninja 650. Riding position seems to be a very nice balance between sporty and not so aggressive.
Engine was very smooth (Contrary to some online reviews). In Lower RPMs the bike is very silent like a typical Honda. Fit and Finish looked nice.

The Dealer also said, that he already has his spare parts inventory ready. With all the discussions that I have had with him, he has been able to instill a lot of confidence in me for 3 things:
1) Reliability of Honda
2) Spare Parts availability
3) Servicing Cost.

Lets hope the actual experience lives up to it. The guy himself rides a CB1000.

Regards
Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 22:23   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Found this on a Facebook page. Shows the mysteriously bloated price of the 650F in India.

Comparison was carried out about a month ago with the then currency conversion rates.
Its not an accurate comparison because the tax system in different countries vary depending on their mutual trade agreements. The Indian export D390 is more expensive in the West, The UK based Daytona is more expensive in India, and that Benelli sells as Keeway for 3.8 lakhs in Italy aswell as South Africa. Then manufacturers have their say for different markets and their local tax structures, like how Indonesia has a 250cc cap above which everything is more expensive so manufacturers create a 250cc version of their 300 bikes for that and the Japanese markets where there's heavy tax exceeding 400cc.

Different countries, different yard sticks. We've already discussed about some shady import export(read customs) dealings on select products in India in a couple of threads on this forum. Kindly go through them to see why there are price disparities and how bigger machineries are being brought in with undervalued billings to evade local taxes/duties.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 5th August 2015 at 22:25.
Old 5th August 2015, 22:31   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Its not an accurate comparison because the tax system in different countries vary depending on their mutual trade agreements.
I am ignorant of the taxation system in other Countries and what you are saying might make sense. But wouldn't it hold good for other bikes mentioned there too? Or are you saying the figures written there are wrong and untrue?
Old 5th August 2015, 22:44   #52
BHPian

The size of the bike seems too puny to me, more like a 250 or 400cc than 650, maybe I am spoiled with the bigger capacity rides, but somehow I found Benelli 600i a much better option, given the pricing, rear looks (those twin underseat exhausts looks brilliant) and size (much bigger than Honda).

Also all those advocating for Full Fairing, this seems more like a half/semi fairing (not seen the bike in flesh yet), which gets you somewhere in middle of nowhere (neither naked nor supersports).
Old 5th August 2015, 22:58   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
The size of the bike seems too puny to me, more like a 250 or 400cc than 650, maybe I am spoiled with the bigger capacity rides, but somehow I found Benelli 600i a much better option, given the pricing, rear looks (those twin underseat exhausts looks brilliant) and size (much bigger than Honda).

Also all those advocating for Full Fairing, this seems more like a half/semi fairing (not seen the bike in flesh yet), which gets you somewhere in middle of nowhere (neither naked nor supersports).
Even i feel it looks more of a semi fairing one. At least from the photos, i see n650 having a bigger fairing than 650f. Still i hear a few saying that n650 is having half fairing and 650f having full fairing. I am confused what we actually mean by full or semi fairing.
Old 5th August 2015, 23:04   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its not an accurate comparison because the tax system in different countries vary depending on their mutual trade agreements. The Indian export D390 is more expensive in the West, The UK based Daytona is more expensive in India, and that Benelli sells as Keeway for 3.8 lakhs in Italy aswell as South Africa. Then manufacturers have their say for different markets and their local tax structures, like how Indonesia has a 250cc cap above which everything is more expensive so manufacturers create a 250cc version of their 300 bikes for that and the Japanese markets where there's heavy tax exceeding 400cc.
If countries have a mutual trade agreement, then it behooves manufacturers to take advantage of it and pass on the benefits to the customer. If a company doesnt and ends up pricing its products out of contention wrt competition, then guess who loses.

Also pricing is not just a function of taxation, it depends on market positioning and brand value all of which are related to making profits. It will be interesting to see if Honda downsizes production from the one bike a shift a day (anyone knows how many shifts in a day - 1 / 2 / 3?) if the market doesnt fall in love with the CBR650.
Old 5th August 2015, 23:31   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
I am ignorant of the taxation system in other Countries and what you are saying might make sense. But wouldn't it hold good for other bikes mentioned there too? Or are you saying the figures written there are wrong and untrue?
The figures are correct but how the different manufacturers get to that figure is what i'm referring to. Different countries have different FTAs signed so some get some perks or tax breaks and others don't. Then there is a shady practice of undervaluing(or sometimes overvaluing depending on circumstances) shipment bills and evading hefty duties in the country of import, then adding a premium on that ex showroom price to just be competitive in that market so you can have a respectable sales figure and rake in a big premium per model sold.
If you need more info hit me up on PM since this is going offtopic and involves digging up of several import bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
If countries have a mutual trade agreement, then it behooves manufacturers to take advantage of it and pass on the benefits to the customer. If a company doesnt and ends up pricing its products out of contention wrt competition, then guess who loses.

Also pricing is not just a function of taxation, it depends on market positioning and brand value all of which are related to making profits. It will be interesting to see if Honda downsizes production from the one bike a shift a day (anyone knows how many shifts in a day - 1 / 2 / 3?) if the market doesnt fall in love with the CBR650.
Exactly, but none of the bikes are passing on any trade agreement benefits(if any exist in Automotive sector between Thai/India/China) to anyone.

And as for the second para i agree, it is exactly why Benelli sells the 600s under different brands in different countries. The 5.5 lakh 600i sells for 3.8 lakhs in Italy and SA(despite being exported from China) but not as Benellis but as Keeways. The same bike is also sold under so many other brands depending on where you are as QJiang QJ600, Generic GSR600, KSR Moto GRS600, Zanella FJ600 etc.

The bike is worth as much as a N300 to them but in other countries they are sold at N650 prices and that's a hefty premium being charged just like every other manufacturer. The additional 1.7 lakh being paid in India is for the replacement of badge from Keeway to Benelli which is what you said about brand perception.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 5th August 2015 at 23:59.
Old 5th August 2015, 23:37   #56
BHPian

Uploading images from phone through TBhp app for the first time.

Here are the ones that I clicked today.

Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1438796527.848670.jpg
Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1438796577.421639.jpg
Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1438796629.529878.jpg

Regards
Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 23:53   #57
Senior - BHPian

OTR Bangalore is 8.54. Can anybody else confirm this? This state's road tax is probably the biggest irony ever. The "road" taxes are inversely proportional to the state of the roads.

Rachit, are Demo bikes available yet?
Old 6th August 2015, 00:04   #58
BHPian

Quote:
OTR Bangalore is 8.54. Can anybody else confirm this? This state's road tax is probably the biggest irony ever. The "road" taxes are inversely proportional to the state of the roads.
Thats the price with the Zero Dep insurance option. Please check my earlier post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post3770821

Totally agree with you on the 'inversely proportional' bit
loki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 00:12   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
Thats the price with the Zero Dep insurance option. Please check my earlier post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post3770821

Totally agree with you on the 'inversely proportional' bit
Thanks for the breakup. Looks like its another year's worth of wait to save some more. If the country had a single tax system for every state it would've looked like a bargain sitting just below 8 lakhs OTR as in Delhi (if i'm not mistaken its 7.9 lakhs there?)
Its always fun to see ex Delhi prices, a bit more fun to see Delhi OTR but a complete heartbreak once you calculate KA OTR. That Drive without borders movement should gain mainstream traction.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 00:35   #60
BHPian

Quote:

Rachit, are Demo bikes available yet?
Hi Nithesh,

The bike that you see in pictures was actually a test ride bike. Rather it was the same bike which Akshay rode on to the stage. So i had pleasure of parking my bum where Akshay's bum was less than 24 Hrs ago.

He was not allowing the test ride because it was not yet insured and registered.

He said by next week the test rides should be available.

Regards
Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed