Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2015, 21:20   #196
BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
That's pretty good, I assume you were doing moderate speeds? I've seen a best distance-to-empty figure of 321km on the Daytona on NH4 when running in 6th gear for long periods is feasible. I suppose the CBR650 will do a little better. Normal range tankful-reserve is 220-240km, less if the running is in city or ghat(hill) sections where you stay in lower gears.

Don't try to see how much it gets in reserve/low fuel light on state if you have the chance to tank up soon after the light comes on - IMO, not worth risking the fuel pump getting damaged, and pushing these bikes to the pump is not a chore I'd like to do either.
I was doing moderate speeds but was trying to vary the pace a bit. Although the bike has gone through its 1st service but from what I have heard it takes more than a 1000 Kms for these engine to completely set in. So I was not constantly cruising on one speed and tried to vary it a bit. The bike did around 280 Kms before the last Bar started flashing. I am told that the bike has around 3.6 litres at this time.

Yeah, I am also not trying to test how many KMs it does in the reserve. Better to be safe than dragging.

Did a 80-90 Km run on the hills and bike returned around 21 KMPL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
I think the Z800 has gas charged rear shocks, hence it would/should be more comfortable than a bike with the traditional ones.

VW2010 - Z800 has ABS but no TC.

Djay99/owners please correct me if I am wrong.

+1 to Djay99.

Cheers
I am not sure if its about the Gas charged shocks or not but from what I understand Z800 is softly sprung than CBR650F. Not that its a bad thing in my opinion.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th September 2015 at 08:33.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 01:42   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I was doing moderate speeds but was trying to vary the pace a bit. Although the bike has gone through its 1st service but from what I have heard it takes more than a 1000 Kms for these engine to completely set in. So I was not constantly cruising on one speed and tried to vary it a bit. The bike did around 280 Kms before the last Bar started flashing. I am told that the bike has around 3.6 litres at this time.

Yeah, I am also not trying to test how many KMs it does in the reserve. Better to be safe than dragging.

Did a 80-90 Km run on the hills and bike returned around 21 KMPL.

Rachit
Good stuff bro. I went on a quick highway blast a few days ago and I guess FE was around 18.5 kmpl. Kept the needle at 6k RPM mostly. I still am yet to cross the 600 km mark though. Guess will put off one more ride this weekend before my first service.

OT: Personally feel even 20 to 30 bhp can be good fun. Imagine an old RX135 engine tuned to produce 30 odd bhp. Now that would be a hoot to ride! But to be serious - to each his own. I personally am thankful that bikes like the Ninja H2 and the BMW S1000RR producing 200+ bhp exist. Logic be damned. They are meant to push the upper boundaries of motorcycle performance. And there is a lot of technology which trickles down gradually to lesser engined bikes. So their relevance to companies can't be questioned. If you are really looking at logic/ practicality, then I guess the Gearless scooter thread is a good place to spend time
loki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 14:41   #198
Senior - BHPian

Does Dhingra Honda in Delhi have a seperate service bay area for CBR650F?
Old 1st October 2015, 19:02   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Does Dhingra Honda in Delhi have a seperate service bay area for CBR650F?
They have started servicing the bike. Not sure if they have a separate bay for it or not. I did go there once to get the bike washed. But their service area was in the basement and hence didn't look. I didn't like their workshop. Very congested with a lot of motorcycles there. Plus a lot of people around trying to get a piece of the bigger bike.

Wings workshop is a like paradise and their service engineer is wonderful. The only problem is that they accept cash only but I can live with that. I would always prefer them for the service.

Rachit
Old 1st October 2015, 20:28   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
He finds the CBR650 Stiff sprung. He'll probably feel the KTM dukes don't have suspensions at all, if he rides them.
As Kartikeya is comparing CBR650F with Z800, i believe he found CBR650F suspension to be stiff. You have to ride both the bikes back to back to feel ride quality. He is an experienced rider though.

Quote:
Why does he say only the Z800 has preload adjustable rear suspension? Doesn't the CBR650 have it?
AFAIK CBR650F has Preload adjustment for rear suspension only.
Z800 has Preload and Rebound damping for both front and rear suspension. You can make modifications as per requirement and it is just turning a few screws but i feel stock setting is well suited for our roads as the ride quality is supple over terrible roads that i have encountered.

Quote:
What's the point of this comparison? Both bikes are built for different purposes! One is a dedicated sports tourer and the other is a naked street fighter. He conveniently skips talking about the tank range comparison!
Comparison is primarily because of the price overlap and unko magazine bechana hai bhai

On the tank range, i feel both are equally capable of crossing 300KM if ridden sanely. I have managed to extract 25KMPL as well as less than 15KMPL on my Z800.

Quote:
He's biased towards the Z. Period.[/list]
Both are great bikes in their own way but for the price- Z800 makes more sense as its got more power, more torque (at lower revs as well), adjustable suspension, dual headlights, slipper clutch, slightly more top end (use less for our roads).

I feel the price gap must be widened so that people stop comparing these bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
I think the Z800 has gas charged rear shocks, hence it would/should be more comfortable than a bike with the traditional ones.
Z800 has gas charged rear canister and overall suspension is softly set.

Quote:
VW2010 - Z800 has ABS but no TC.
Z800 has no Traction Control unit. You can add Bazzaz TC unit if required.
djay99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 07:26   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They have started servicing the bike. Not sure if they have a separate bay for it or not. I did go there once to get the bike washed. But their service area was in the basement and hence didn't look. I didn't like their workshop. Very congested with a lot of motorcycles there. Plus a lot of people around trying to get a piece of the bigger bike.

Wings workshop is a like paradise and their service engineer is wonderful. The only problem is that they accept cash only but I can live with that. I would always prefer them for the service.

Rachit
Hmm i was told that the 650F there is being serviced alongside the commuter motorcycles as opposed to the seperate bays elsewhere that Honda claimed it would provide. Not sure if they are temporarily doing it because of renovations or if they ditched the idea of the seperate bay. Either way that would be bad on the part of HMSI to let that continue for long.
Old 2nd October 2015, 09:35   #202
BHPian

Guys I know this question may be on a different tangent and off topic but still as I didn't want to open a new thread just for this ... is there any news of the CB650F being brought in /being launched in the near future. As it shares most of its parts with the CBR650F doesn't it make a smart move for Honda to launch it? It may cater to riders who are looking to ride a middleweight inline four but with better ergo.

I really pity the choice offered to Indian riders in terms of portfolio within a particular brand. Agreed our markets have started to mature a little late and we are a developing economy, one of the fastest now, dont the companies still feel it is the right time to offer a choice to the Indian buyer?

I for one am eagerly waiting for the versatile CB series of bigger capacity bikes from Honda to be launched here.
Old 2nd October 2015, 16:53   #203
Senior - BHPian

Get in line, I'm waiting for a non graphicy mono color CBR650 in preferably all pearlescent white, glossy black or glossy red. Not too fond of the Yamaha Blue on a Honda and the grey kind of makes me think of that time i ordered the 250R in grey but HMSI stopped producing them due to lack of buyers so eventually had to get the Red one after sitting with the sales lady and going back and forth with red or black questions. She actually yelled at me because i couldn't make up my mind. In a way I'm sure its easy for owners to go and pay up if there's only one color on offer.

While it does make sense for the CB650, I think all the Japanese market knows that the ratio of faired vs naked bike sales is pretty much lopsided in the faired bike's favor. Its not a myth that Indians love fairings.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 2nd October 2015 at 16:54.
Old 4th January 2017, 23:28   #204
BHPian

Well well, HMSI have cut prices of the current gen CBR650F by almost a lakh.

7.64L now in Bangalore.
Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh-bangalore.jpg

7.01L in Punjab (wow)
Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh-punjab.jpg

Considering that the 2017 model has only a 4BHP increase plus some seemingly incremental changes, it makes the current model a lot more attractive IMO. Why wasn't this price applicable when HMSI launched the bike last year? They would have sold loads more... And oh, this price reduction makes me a little pissed, but i guess these kinda things happen with every manufacturer
loki is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 00:01   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
Well well, HMSI have cut prices of the current gen CBR650F by almost a lakh.
That is interesting that they have updated the website with these prices. From what I got to know was that they had some old stock and were offering discounts on those but then they wouldn't have updated the website in that case.
I was told, 2016 stock around 7.25 on road.
2015 stock, less than 7 on road.

Just for reference, I paid 8 on road.

I just checked the Delhi price, its 7.2 on Road. At my time it was 7.95.
So it is nearly 75K less. This is interesting and should make this bike more competitive.

This could be also to clear the old stock before the new version comes in.

Rachit

Last edited by Rachit.K.Dogra : 5th January 2017 at 00:08.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 14:38   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Just for reference, I paid 8 on road.

I just checked the Delhi price, its 7.2 on Road. At my time it was 7.95.
So it is nearly 75K less. This is interesting and should make this bike more competitive.

This could be also to clear the old stock before the new version comes in.

Rachit
After reading this I got excited and called on to the Honda Showroom in Mumbai. But my excitement was short lived. He quoted me 8.47 as the onroad price Mumbai and when I asked if there are any discounts, I was told no such things exist and that they only have one price at the moment. This was very surprising for me and
Old 5th January 2017, 16:34   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
After reading this I got excited and called on to the Honda Showroom in Mumbai. But my excitement was short lived. He quoted me 8.47 as the onroad price Mumbai and when I asked if there are any discounts, I was told no such things exist and that they only have one price at the moment. This was very surprising for me and
The Bangalore dealer confirmed the new pricing. Valid only for 2016 stock. He thinks the 2017 model should come in at the same old price ie; 8.5L OTR Bangalore.

Seems like the Mumbai guy is not aware of the developments. Check with him again after a couple of days.
loki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 16:47   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
The Bangalore dealer confirmed the new pricing. Valid only for 2016 stock. He thinks the 2017 model should come in at the same old price ie; 8.5L OTR Bangalore.

Seems like the Mumbai guy is not aware of the developments. Check with him again after a couple of days.
What do you think are the differences between the Old model 2016 vs the new 2017 CBR650F?

Does it makes sense to buy the 2016 model at the moment or wait for the 2017 model.
Old 5th January 2017, 17:22   #209
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
What do you think are the differences between the Old model 2016 vs the new 2017 CBR650F?

Does it makes sense to buy the 2016 model at the moment or wait for the 2017 model.
There are some marginal differences:

- Bump in power ~ 4 bhp
- LED Headlamps
- Updated front forks
- New Nissin Calipers

The exhaust will be supposedly louder too and you can expect new paintshades as well.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 02:38   #210
Senior - BHPian

Price went back to its normal range. Looks like the website guys screwed up or something:

http://www.honda2wheelersindia.com/cbr650f/price

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks