Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2017, 05:50   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Seriously bad timing (for me) - Just made payment for Ninja 1000, but RS was always my dream bike.

Both are completely different categories but should be the same price-point I guess. Now massively confused if I should cancel the Ninja and take the RS

Does anyone know how it is priced?
RS is getting launched in India on16th October 2018. The speculated ex-showroom price is tad under 11L. Any way we should be getting the exact figure in a couple of days.

At this juncture, it will be very much difficult for anyone of us to suggest which one to go for between Ninja 1000 and RS. I guess you are caught in the battle between heart and mind and only you can resolve that. Any way, hope you are able to do that and take the right decision which is suitable for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
RS is getting launched in India on16th October 2018. The speculated ex-showroom price is tad under 11L. Any way we should be getting the exact figure in a couple of days.

At this juncture, it will be very much difficult for anyone of us to suggest which one to go for between Ninja 1000 and RS. I guess you are caught in the battle between heart and mind and only you can resolve that. Any way, hope you are able to do that and take the right decision which is suitable for you.
I just noticed the typo error in my above post. The launch date is 16th October 2017 and not 2018. My apologies.

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th October 2017 at 08:26. Reason: Merging back to back posts
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 08:11   #107
Team-BHP Support

Re: Triumph Street Triple 765 - Launched at Rs. 8.50 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
As far as the recommended RON rating, I heard that the ECU mapping plays a very important role in determining the right RON. Probably the STriple ECU mapping takes care of running with 91 RON even though the compression ratio is high.
As far as I understand it (though I'm no expert) - the biggest factor affecting RON requirements is compression ratio. Higher the compression, higher the chances of pre-ignition or knocking and higher the fuel requirements. This is a pure mechanical requirement. ECU does play a role by retarding the timing and dropping the performance when it detects knocking due to poor quality to fuel.

Quote:
Seriously bad timing (for me) - Just made payment for Ninja 1000, but RS was always my dream bike.

Both are completely different categories but should be the same price-point I guess. Now massively confused if I should cancel the Ninja and take the RS

The normal STripple being priced at 8.5L - the RS is likely to be priced between 10.0L to 10.5L IMO.

However - please don't go by the pricing. Both are completely different bikes and the pricing is where the similarities end. None in the forum would be able to tell you properly which bike is better for you - and you need to decide based on your requirements. STripple would be better suited to the track, city and weekend breakfast runs whereas the Ninja is a better highway scorcher.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 11:14   #108
BHPian

Quote:

Both are different bikes for different users. You first have to decide your core requirements and what type of riding you do now and in possible future. Your biking requirements may change with time.

Few of the questions which you have to ask yourself

1. Will you use it for track days??
2. Is it going to be ridden extensively in city or highway?
3. Are you basically buying it for breakfast/ small rides?
4. Will you in future or now plan for long rides?
5. Will you ride alone or with pillion?
6. what is your riding style???do you like riding on the edge most of the time or is it relaxed with bits of mental/fast riding???

Before booking N1000 even i had waited for Trimph st to get launched but somehow decided to go with kawasaki N1000 as it met my requirements better. N1000 i feel is SWISS ARMY KNIFE of the bike world---Does everything quite brilliantly.

Last edited by ashroy_6 : 14th October 2017 at 11:19.
ashroy_6 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 14:12   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The normal STripple being priced at 8.5L - the RS is likely to be priced between 10.0L to 10.5L IMO.
Along expected lines -

Triumph Street Triple 765 - Launched at Rs. 8.50 lakh-img20171016wa0023.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 14:24   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Along expected lines -

Attachment 1686097
I’ll head to my local dealer to check out on road pricing today or the next few days.
Old 16th October 2017, 18:11   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Along expected lines -
Ex-Showroom Price of a Striple 765 RS and OTR pricing of a Ninja 1000 is nearly same

Ridiculous pricing
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 09:47   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Ex-Showroom Price of a Striple 765 RS and OTR pricing of a Ninja 1000 is nearly same

Ridiculous pricing
That's true. Kawasaki has truly launched the liter class at an exceptional price. The Street Triple RS being around 10.55 ex showroom, I'm guessing the Speed Triple would be launched at 12-12.5L ex showroom, which would price it at least 2L over the Ninja 1000 being in the same engine segment.
Old 17th October 2017, 12:04   #113
Senior - BHPian

"instead of a single-sided swingarm, the RS gets a double-sided unit. The under-seat exhaust has also been replaced with a short, underbody, free-flow exhaust."

This blurb mentioned in the news post is incorrect. The Street never had single-sided swingarm or under seat exhaust. But the Speed Triple did. It should be corrected.

Note from Mod: The above has been corrected, thanks!

Also, I am surprised people are comparing this bike to the Ninja 1000 etc. This is a top of the shelf street bike and not a sports tourer or track bike. To be honest it sits in a class of its own and ideally should be compared with bikes like Ducati Monster, MV Agusta Brutale and Aprilia Tuono etc. Pricing seems spot on for the kit that's on offer. The suspension, TFT, brakes and other add-ons are easily worth the premium over the standard S. I am eagerly looking forward to riding this one, but I think it will be extremely tough for me to justify an upgrade over the 2014 Street Triple that I own.

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th October 2017 at 17:31. Reason: Corrected, thanks!
quickdraw is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 12:34   #114
BHPian

Apart from pricing perspective both the kawasaki N1000 and street triple RS are as similar as chalk and cheese.

Direct competitor for N1000 is Speed triple and not street triple.

Direct competitor for street triple is Kawa Z900.

Triumph street triple 765 S is more of a street bike as it has more torque and power lower in the rev range.

Triumph street triple 765 RS is more track oriented and the peak power and torque comes much higher in the rev range.

Anybody buying street triple for daily use would benefit buying the S version and not RS.

Cheers.
ashroy_6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 18:08   #115
BHPian

I know people are comparing it to the Ninja 1000, but the TFT screen on this is so gorgeous. I would gladly pay the premium for that TFT alone (as soon as I have it, that is)
Old 18th October 2017, 06:03   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashroy_6 View Post
Apart from pricing perspective both the kawasaki N1000 and street triple RS are as similar as chalk and cheese.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishsingh View Post
I know people are comparing it to the Ninja 1000, but the TFT screen on this is so gorgeous. I would gladly pay the premium for that TFT alone (as soon as I have it, that is)
Just to put all such claims to rest, I'll affirm that I never compared these two bikes - In my post, I have mentioned these are completely two different bikes, but competing for the same money in my budget.

Quote:
Anybody buying street triple for daily use would benefit buying the S version and not RS.

Cheers.
Slip and Assist clutch in the RS alone makes it a better daily use bike. The clutch on triple is hard and the S version doesn't have it. And, the power in low and mid end is more than sufficient for the city.
sriramv.iyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 12:31   #117
BHPian

Quote:

Slip and Assist clutch in the RS alone makes it a better daily use bike. The clutch on triple is hard and the S version doesn't have it. And, the power in low and mid end is more than sufficient for the city.
I have seen the dyno graphs of S and R version. The R version makes more torque even in the low and mid-range RPM. I guess same will be the case even for RS as well.
Old 29th October 2017, 17:04   #118
Team-BHP Support

Went for my first long ride today to Ahura (on the Mumbai Ahmedabad highway). Roads are a dream once you’re well past Fountain hotel meeting point. This route is basically biker haven. Mad rush of various groups meeting up at Fountain and riding on from there.

I was with a friend who was riding with his group. Bikes were a mix bad and included some gorgeous Harley 48s, a Harley Breakout, Street Bob, Iron 883, 2 BMW 1200 GS, a 1200 Multistrada and a 2014 Daytona. All superbly experienced riders I have to say and I’m amazed at the ease with which they cruise with those big Harleys in particular.

Managed to really open up the bike for the first time and used some of the lower gears to experience what riding in the 6000-8000 range sounds like as well. Wind blast was a bit of an issue at certain speeds - in my mind this is the biggest deterrent in using the Striple for really long distance cruising. The stance otherwise is really quite comfortable and not unduly sporty. The same cant be said of the character though. It can be an outright hooligan if you want it to and a complete leisurely gent at other times. The gear range is also remarkably flexible. I’ve dropped down to super low speeds even in third without a hitch and cruised at 60 kmph in 6th if I wanted to in the city.

I hope I can find time for more long rides out of the city. More later. The bike has completed first service about a month ago on schedule. After today’s ride it’s crossed about 700 kms on the Odo. The mileage on the ride was about 21.2 kmpl if anyone is interested in that data. In the city Ive only been getting about 15-17 kmpl.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Street Triple 765 - Launched at Rs. 8.50 lakh-9c1e0943861a4d989355beba5bd84b2d.jpeg  

Triumph Street Triple 765 - Launched at Rs. 8.50 lakh-4904afe62a3b4bc0ac9932d19809c4a5.jpeg  

Axe77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 14:45   #119
BHPian

Diablo Red 'Zohan' makes its grand entry in my life.

A friendly visit to One triumph Delhi for matters related to Bonnie sparked a conversation on long pending Street triple test ride which was instantly followed by delivery of test bike at home to ride around for a day or more. Well, I do admit the Streetie was on the back of my head since long and the over zealous sales guys didn't let me escape..

A few pics of delivery (yesterday), doing slightly hard engine break-in and it's been good fun already.

bug-gy shaped glasses to go with the bug eyed hooligan
Triumph Street Triple 765 - Launched at Rs. 8.50 lakh-img_20180205_173404-2.jpg

another snap and this with Bell Isle-of-man helmet
Triumph Street Triple 765 - Launched at Rs. 8.50 lakh-img_20180205_174312.jpg

Last edited by wangdu : 6th February 2018 at 14:48. Reason: typo
wangdu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 22:30   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Jesus lord! Werent u looking at a tiger or something? Struck a pretty good deal on this one?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks