Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2018, 14:55   #106
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2018 Honda CBR650F : Ownership Review

I would suggest you to go for a branded exhaust and avoid Chinese stuff (especially AliExpress). You will get Akrapovic exhaust for many superbikes for as less as 10k but then they are counterfeit ones. AliExpress maybe good for cheap stuff (non electrical and non mechanical) - bit an important part of a motorcycle such an exhaust - I would strongly suggest to avoid. There is a lot of engineering involved while making an exhaust for a specific motorcycle - so please go for a nice branded one.
Old 24th December 2018, 21:21   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
I would suggest you to go for a branded exhaust and avoid Chinese stuff (especially AliExpress). You will get Akrapovic exhaust for many superbikes for as less as 10k but then they are counterfeit ones. AliExpress maybe good for cheap stuff (non electrical and non mechanical) - bit an important part of a motorcycle such an exhaust - I would strongly suggest to avoid. There is a lot of engineering involved while making an exhaust for a specific motorcycle - so please go for a nice branded one.
Indeed sensible advice. And I have been looking for a good used unit on eBay for quite some time now but fruitless so far. I'm not sure a new can makes sense on a 12 year old bike.
Old 25th April 2019, 14:20   #108
BHPian

Hi 650f owners, I have a quick question.

I am looking to a buy a used one shortly (2018 model). I happened to a see an excellent condition bike. It is all 5 stars however I noticed something which I thought I would check with the experts. On Idle, when I put her into 1st gear, I noticed a khad khad gear slot (read as not so smooth and I would say sometimes in regular bikes if you raise the accelerator and slot into 1st gear sometimes you get that feel). Owner says that it happens sometimes but not always and is normal with 650f. Can you please advice?
Old 25th April 2019, 16:47   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Hi 650f owners, I have a quick question.

On Idle, when I put her into 1st gear, I noticed a khad khad gear slot (read as not so smooth and I would say sometimes in regular bikes if you raise the accelerator and slot into 1st gear sometimes you get that feel). Owner says that it happens sometimes but not always and is normal with 650f. Can you please advice?
I don't think this is something new, most bikes I have ridden (250 and above) have a thak sound when slotting to gear one. However, I can't say if the sound you mention is louder than usual or not. Try and warm up the engine and then slot the first gear , I always idle until the rpm settles down and the bike is warmed up, 1-2 minutes depending on the time the bike needs.
All the best .
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 13:19   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltThrower View Post
Haha! thanks bowman. I'm thinking about saving up for an akra or similar full system exhaust, gonna regret going back to boring old stock. Haven't had an fb account since 2012, so aliexpress zindabad!
Did you go for the Akrapovic exhaust? I just got my hands on the 2019 CBR650R and am looking for owners around Pune who have installed one on theirs. Basically to check how loud it is and if it will uncomfortable on longer trips.

Last edited by tushar9960 : 23rd July 2019 at 13:38. Reason: Needed to include quote
Old 1st October 2019, 12:32   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar9960 View Post
Did you go for the Akrapovic exhaust? I just got my hands on the 2019 CBR650R and am looking for owners around Pune who have installed one on theirs. Basically to check how loud it is and if it will uncomfortable on longer trips.
Hi tushar9960

Did you buy one? If so I have a few queries I was hoping you could please help with. I have booked one and am waiting for it.

How is the heating in traffic? especially bumper-to-bumper (b2b) traffic.

Thanks in advance
Old 7th October 2019, 14:55   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p06rakeshb View Post
Did you buy one? If so I have a few queries I was hoping you could please help with. I have booked one and am waiting for it.
Do you mean the exhaust? I haven't bought one yet. I'm still debating if its really necessary especially with no power commander available yet. If I get one, it'll be early next year. Let me know how your installation goes once done.

Last edited by ampere : 10th October 2019 at 10:42. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 7th October 2019, 15:40   #113
BHPian

Quote:
I just got my hands on the 2019 CBR650R and am looking for owners around Pune who have installed one on theirs.
Congratulations on the purchase of 2019 CBR 650R. Have a friend from Pune who recently got a 650R and is planning to get an Akra by end of the year. PM for his contact details.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 9th October 2019, 11:22   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Do you mean the exhaust? I haven't bought one yet. I'm still debating if its really necessary especially with no power commander available yet. If I get one, it'll be early next year. Let me know how your installation goes once done.
Hi tushar9960

I meant if you purchased the bike itself. The query was on how hot the engine gets in b2b traffic. for e.g. can you have shorts on while riding this?
Old 9th October 2019, 12:17   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Hi tushar9960

I meant if you purchased the bike itself. The query was on how hot the engine gets in b2b traffic. for e.g. can you have shorts on while riding this?

Do you really want to be wearing shorts while riding a superbike?
Old 9th October 2019, 13:05   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
Do you really want to be wearing shorts while riding a superbike?
Yes. The intent is to use this for all purposes. I do not want to maintain multiple bikes. One of the things I will use this for is for my daily trip to and from the badminton court. Hence the query.

Last edited by ampere : 10th October 2019 at 10:42. Reason: trimmed quoted post
p06rakeshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 10:21   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. The intent is to use this for all purposes. I do not want to maintain multiple bikes. One of the things I will use this for is for my daily trip to and from the badminton court. Hence the query.
From my experience the bike doesn't heat up at all and is very well mannered in bumper to bumper traffic. Though I wouldn't advise wearing shorts since the sides of the engine protrude quite a bit from the bike and its easy to brush your legs against them. While there's no direct hot air being vented on to you, the surface of the casing gets hot and can immediately roast your legs.

Also on a side note, Honda has sold out all 150 bikes allotted for India this year. Are you planning on buying one next year?
tushar9960 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 11:41   #118
BHPian

Thanks. You’re spot on about availability. Have been waiting since June. I’m being told the new stock would be available in April next year. Vetting my appetite reading reviews :(
Old 11th October 2019, 10:16   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. You’re spot on about availability. Have been waiting since June. I’m being told the new stock would be available in April next year. Vetting my appetite reading reviews :(
Don't hold them on their word. I booked my bike way back in April and got delivery in August. Honda is pretty dodgy when it comes to allotment and sales. Expect long excruciating waiting times with no communication if you're buying from the any of the Big Wing dealers. The Wing world showroom in Delhi is another experience all together.

But with Honda's plans of giving more attention to the premium biking segment in India and opening more dedicated showrooms for their premium bikes there is a silver lining on the horizon.
Old 11th October 2019, 12:42   #120
BHPian

Yup. I was actually pretty frustrated by their lack of intent. Raised a complaint and got a confirmation from the Big Wings person about this coming out next year. He mentioned upcoming emission norms as the reason for the wait and that I was assuredly on their list. Let's see.

However, as good as their bikes are, I am very disappointed with their outlook towards prospects. In comparison, just one enquiry to Harley and they have been offering discounts, test rides etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks