Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2021, 15:36   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Just a suggestion, if you are changing the tank pad try to go for a clear version like I have put on my tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
The Ducati clear tank guards turn brown and discolor very quickly due to the weather and the glue wears out. You can order from the dealer directly, but those come with a price premium.

Motografix carries a decent variety and CNC racing has some too.
Not buying anything from ducati dealers for sure

This is the one I had ordered much before and is already delivered to my brother. I will atleast put this for now, and will source something better soon from US/UK. I like the motografix one.

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-screenshot_20210505153101.jpg

Since sachin mentioned about clean look, another option i was thinking was to probably get PPF done on full tank, that should take care of scratches, should keep the clean look intact as well. What do you think about this idea.

Last edited by AtheK : 5th May 2021 at 15:41.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 17:43   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Since sachin mentioned about clean look, another option i was thinking was to probably get PPF done on full tank, that should take care of scratches, should keep the clean look intact as well. What do you think about this idea.

This is never a bad idea. it will keep the shine and paint pristine on the tank. If you can do consider doing thee fairings as well. but for bikes usually, the costs are high. But if you can protect the whole bike nothing like it.

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 19:07   #63
BHPian

Yes and no is my answer. Yes to applying PPF for paint protection. No to tank protection in long run without applying the tank guard.

The top most layer of PPF, which is the clear coat, will over time wear off, exposing the polyurethane later next. It will hold up to sharp short impacts, but in this case your riding gear / jeans will constantly rub against the tank. Soon that layer will also peel off leaving you with just the adhesive.

Definitely do the PPF if you can for the bike, but get a tank guard. It's much cheaper than repainting the whole tank later (that's another 25k job)
no_fear is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 00:46   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaprasadgg View Post
This is never a bad idea. it will keep the shine and paint pristine on the tank. If you can do consider doing thee fairings as well. but for bikes usually, the costs are high. But if you can protect the whole bike nothing like it.

Cheers
Krishna
Quote:
Yes and no is my answer. Yes to applying PPF for paint protection. No to tank protection in long run without applying the tank guard.

Definitely do the PPF if you can for the bike, but get a tank guard. It's much cheaper than repainting the whole tank later (that's another 25k job)
So I was speaking to my friend who helped with detailing the bike. He has suggested to not go ahead with PPF, per him no clear coat on Ducati bikes, and he says when he buffs the bike it cuts through the paint. PPF in long run might cause issues specially while trying to remove it, and the heat is another aspect that needs to be kept in view. So for now I have decided against it.

Luckily a friend has a couple of Tank Guards at his place, I will probably pick one of these till mine arrives. I eventually plan to get the red motografix one, really digging it.

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-limited-edition.jpg

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-made-italy.jpg
Old 10th May 2021, 08:18   #65
BHPian

Quote:
I eventually plan to get the red motografix one, really digging it.
Missed this bit. If you plan to get the motografix one, and you are not in a hurry, let me know if you need any help. I placed my order for the Motografix 1199 and MV F4 tank guards with the distributor in Delhi. His current stock is the older variety and not the new ones. Was told that new shipments will get held up by customs and won't clear for a few months. Priority is only for medical supplies.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 16th May 2021 at 08:05. Reason: Fixed broken quotes
no_fear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 15:37   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Missed this bit. If you plan to get the motografix one, and you are not in a hurry, let me know if you need any help. I placed my order for the Motografix 1199 and MV F4 tank guards with the distributor in Delhi. His current stock is the older variety and not the new ones. Was told that new shipments will get held up by customs and won't clear for a few months. Priority is only for medical supplies.
Hey thanks for the offer, I had got in touch with a friend in UK, he was telling me he will order it for me and get it to me when some one travels next. Alternatively, will ship through royal mail. I will for the mean time anyway get the one above installed so I should be good for sometime.
Old 16th May 2021, 08:13   #67
Team-BHP Support

I'm late here (thanks to the pandemic!), but let me formally congratulate you on achieving this dream.

Quote:
The entire family was down and finally a well planned week worth of surprise was revealed.

Wife and mom were in shock. Wife thought it was the V4 and since I had told her the sticker price, she was still digesting that I actually ended up buying it. It all settled down after everything was revealed and an happy ending followed, though she still holds a grudge that I should have told her earlier.
This was something! You are a brave man to have bought a Ducati without informing the better half! I showed this to my wife and she is warning me that she would have burned the bike down if it was her kept in the dark about such a big purchase decision.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 16th May 2021 at 08:16.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 00:03   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I'm late here (thanks to the pandemic!), but let me formally congratulate you on achieving this dream.

This was something! You are a brave man to have bought a Ducati without informing the better half! I showed this to my wife and she is warning me that she would have burned the bike down if it was her kept in the dark about such a big purchase decision.
Thanks mate. Well the fact that I had cushioned the blow by already trying to prep her with V4 purchase helped quiet a lot. Add to it that she had already approved the previous deal, which unluckily did not go through, that also had me covered.

No wife will burn a 10L+ bike, only thing that will happen is that you will have to cook for few weeks and do all household chores, and ultimately sleep in the parking lot with your new found love for few weeks, and then it will be all OK.
AtheK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 06:51   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
she is warning me that she would have burned the bike down if it was her kept in the dark about such a big purchase decision.
No wife will burn her husband's motorbike. They know its the soft spot and will use that to their advantage to ask the hubby for bigger and better presents when the time comes. Win win for everyone.
no_fear is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 12:08   #70
BHPian

First and foremost, congratulations on the Ducati! Hope you have numerous enjoyable rides with this beauty!

Coming to the wife burning the bike, don't think that would happen! At the most, what can result is the question of "You decide. Either its me (the wife) or the bike!" ... and the choice is obvious no? ... in my case, it would be the bike
krishsreedharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 21:33   #71
Team-BHP Support

Exceptional, unbiased & detailed reviews of bikes that don't have an official review have started going to our homepage reviews box. It's the ultimate stamp of trust from Team-BHP (as a platform) because lakhs of visitors every month check out reviews from there & make purchase decisions.

Your review will also be going here. Thank you so much for sharing .

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-hp.jpg
Aditya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 02:17   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

It indeed feels great to be listed in review box, thanks @Aditya.
Old 24th May 2021, 11:39   #73
BHPian

Athek,

Is this your bike? Saw this posted on the ducatibangalore and south Asia superbikers insta page today.

I remember you have the SC project slip ons and the mirrors are not attached. But your bike, front license plate tag is on the top of the windshield, this one is on the bottom. Unless you changed it.
Attached Thumbnails
Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-screenshot_20210524140018_instagram.jpg  

no_fear is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 12:04   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Athek,

Is this your bike? Saw this posted on the ducatibangalore and south Asia superbikers insta page today.

I remember you have the SC project slip ons and the mirrors are not attached. But your bike, front license plate tag is on the top of the windshield, this one is on the bottom. Unless you changed it.
What are the odds! I had the same few pics of the same bike but instead of Ducati Bangalroes page but from that actual bike owner account and thought the same and cross-referenced it with the forum pics. but seems to be 2 different people.

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 12:13   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes it indeed is now my bike, this was one of the previous owner or probably had it for photo shoots, and he has used it for lot of photo shoots. I never met him though, someone I know sent me his insta page link. The guy seems to be a model or an aspiring model.

He still keeps posting the pictures of this bike on his insta page as a matter of fact he posted a reel with the bike just couple of hours back. Guess he still can't forget it.

He owned it for few months, and then was sold to the guy whom I bought it from. The one from whom I bought it from was about to start the process of bike transfer to his name, but then V4 happened. He had owned it for couple of months too, and his insta page is full of the bike photos too

Last edited by AtheK : 24th May 2021 at 12:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks