Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2021, 15:25   #106
Team-BHP Support

re: Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold

Boy am I late to this thread! and now I have the opportunity to give you double congratulations. First on your Red missile and now the baker's express Interceptor which finally came home

Fantastic thread and pictures, it was amazing to know of your entire journey of procuring the Panigale. I remember during our conversations you have actually waited for a long time for this passion to culminate in a purchase, sifting through many prospective ads and offers for Ducatis, both new and pre-worshipped. The 959 really is a looker and mesmerizing to say the least, perfectr from every angle and photogenic is an understatement, lol! In fact I still prefer the Panigale 959's looks to the 'gouged out eyes' of the current Panigale V2 front. It was also funny to read about how your experience was with the heating issues and practicality side of it

Happy mile munching on both the rides, hope to catch up on some ride soon enough and congratulate you in person, now that things have started looking better on the riding front. Two treats pending for two rides, lol!

Last edited by KarthikK : 21st July 2021 at 15:27.
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 14:15   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Karthikk sir, yes absolutely a treat is due, just that as you know stars need to align before we all meet up

Mark 13 has been chugging along well, have completed around 2000 Kms after last service, it's been doing well, except the heat, I thought engine Ice would make a huge difference, but I can hardly make out any difference, if anything I think it's heating faster. Will be changing to something else in my next service, maybe a combination of coolant and water, some more testing needs to be done.

Undertook a long ride to VVS dam to test the machine and myself, it was a total of around 500 kms along with exploring some nearby areas. The roads are amazing, except some stretch before Tumkur area, lots of potholes there, even after being super cautious, ended up going into few. The trip was otherwise pretty good, heats on highway is well contained, bike is super nimble, and behaving well. The road is cordoned off well from any unwanted elements, and you can cruise at some real good speeds. I was accompanied with a friend on his GT650, and even the GT650 behaved really well. Was pretty happy with myself to be able to complete this on a panigale in a day, and surprisingly I was not too tired even after such a long ride in a commited stance, as a matter of fact we were planning to take a long route back home, when a call from missus dashed any further plans.

Some Images from the trip.

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-img_20210808_121324__01.jpg

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-img_20210808_113200.jpg

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-img_20210808_112505.jpg

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-img_20210808_111144.jpg

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-photo_6554480_dji_880_jpg_4444801_0_202188115056_photo_original.jpg

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-img_20210808_074627.jpg

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-photo_6554484_dji_884_jpg_4023757_0_202188115230_photo_original.jpg

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-img_20210808_101846__01.jpg

Aftermath of the trip were realized after reaching home, while washing the bike, noticed that lost a fairing screw somewhere and while lubing the chain realized that the chain became extremely tight. Went to a nearby mechanic and got a screw that fit, but no one nearby had the bit to loosen the wheel to fix the chain issue. It was fixed at motospark in a visit detailed later, I am planning to buy the bit and keep at home to fix it myself, as I foresee this issue to happen more frequently.

In the meantime brother decided to postpone his trip from July to December due to Covid, so Got few updates done on the bike from locally sourced parts.

1. Got a new tank pad from one design. Looks good to me atleast.

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-img_20210807_210641.jpg

2. Got PPF done on the side of the tanks as my tank grips are still with brother, and wanted to give protection to the bike.

3. Got some Dainese Vinyls done as I am a big fanboy of Dainese, should be visible in the photos above.

4. Next thing on my mind was the bar end mirrors, the current one though looked really good were functionally near pathetic. They used to vibrate on high speeds and visibilty over all was very poor and near about nil in the night. Problem was no good bar end mirrors are available in India and everything is a Chinese knock off, RCB has a decent one, but it is round in shape which won't go well with the Panigale profile. In one my discussion with my friend he told me that he had nice bar end mirrors on GT535, and sent me the photos, I really liked what I saw, and started the hunt for the mirrors.

Step in one of the most helpful person I have met on forums AKA @neil.jericho , he took it upon himself to arrange the mirrors for me. Spoke to the dealer got him to order the mirrors and then even went the distance to pick it up from him and courier it to me. You sir are a shining star, and I am very thankful to you for your gesture, beers on me when you come to bangalore.

These are the RCB mirrors, I will suggest it if circular mirrors will look good on your bike, quality is pretty decent.

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-img_20210611_185729.jpg

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-img_20210611_185718.jpg

These are the GT535 mirrors installed on the bike.

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-img_20210829_015531.jpg

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-img_20210829_015604__01.jpg

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-img_20210829_015333__01.jpg

The FOV is still narrow but the build quality is phenomenal, highly doubt if they will vibrate, it's pretty expensive for RE parts also. Wish it had normal mirrors instead of blue mirrors. I will wait for few days to decide if I want to paint them black with a red pinstripe or black paint with a ducati logo. Good it does not come with any RE branding. Overall I can close this chapter and have it off my mind.

5. The last thing done was battery change, one fine day bike died and had to be pushed to start it. Happened again after couple of weeks, so it was time to change the battery. Considered few options including shido LI ion battery, but nothing was available in exact size, so ended up going with Stock Yuasa Battery sourced from Ducati.

The chain slack fix, battery and the mirror installation was done at mototspark, and I continue to be impressed by them, I don't have any affiliation with them, but would recommend them to bangalore SBK owners.

One thing to note was the ride to motospark from my house which is almost 30 kms from my place, the city traffic was extremely crazy and panigale was absolutely hot, it hates city traffic more then we do. I hit temperature of 120+ and lot of time speedo ended up flashing HI. The heat escaping from right fairing is like a steam escaping from a steam kettle, and left a burn mark on my right thigh, I was though wearing normal jeans, maybe riding pants would have shielded me better. I am really contemplating to get a thigh pad on right leg, and make sure to keep it in my riding bag. The heating issues on this is real and anyone planning to even remotely consider a panigale as a daily driver needs to be an Ironman. I told motospark guys next time I will come early morning and leave late night to beat the traffic

That are the few updates and leaving aside heating issues, I am really having a blast on the bike, when you are on highway the oodles of torque keeps you grinning inside the helmet.

Last edited by AtheK : 29th August 2021 at 14:21.
AtheK is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 18:36   #108
BHPian

New to the forum, have been following your(and other superbike) threads for quite some time now. Beautiful bike there, you are lucky to own this beauty. Your engine heat related remarks always make me chuckle. The Ducati's look hot but run even hotter and honestly not for a tropical climate, but hey they are the most beautiful things on two wheels.
It is a decent watch, if you have not already, especially because the Panigale features heavily in this-

Burnout - it's French movie
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6340604/
doga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 00:27   #109
Senior - BHPian

What is the warranty offered by Ducati on Yuasa battery? When I was looking for a replacement last year all dealers had old stocks with no warranty at all.

Another month before the monsoon season is over and can get back to riding again..Its been long since I have ridden the big one

BTW I came across this Gold mine of a collection today especially the two strokes to see NSR’s and TZR under one roof and in such immaculate condition in India is just magical...

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-97f557df32b94a2a854431aa195bb6ae.jpeg

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-07c62c8d9a9443dbaa4a6689e3a07772.jpeg
SnS_12 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 01:03   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doga View Post
Beautiful bike there, you are lucky to own this beauty. Your engine heat related remarks always make me chuckle.

It is a decent watch, if you have not already, especially because the Panigale features heavily in this-

Burnout - it's French movie
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6340604/
Thanks mate, regarding heat, I just write the truth on a related funny note, if you search "heat near legs ducati 959" this thread pops up as third result on Google

I have not watched the movie, I will definitely watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
What is the warranty offered by Ducati on Yuasa battery? When I was looking for a replacement last year all dealers had old stocks with no warranty at all.

BTW I came across this Gold mine of a collection today especially the two strokes to see NSR’s and TZR under one roof and in such immaculate condition in India is just magical...
Honestly I did not check Sachin, problem was not getting them anywhere, also motospark directly sourced it, I will check with them and let you know. New stash of Yuasa batteries have dropped couple of weeks back, if you are still looking we can check it out.

What a beautiful collection that is, no_fear if he keeps adding exotics like what he has, will soon have a garage like that

On another funny note, when you are hung up on ducati a bit too much. Well to my defense, I got it cheaper then probably the price of a screw of ducati

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-img_20210830_010237.jpg
AtheK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 12:25   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
New stash of Yuasa batteries have dropped couple of weeks back, if you are still looking we can check it out.
The Crank1 battery is doing fine for now and might go back to Yuasa when the time comes as the the Crank1 is not a direct fitment.

Quote:
What a beautiful collection that is, no_fear if he keeps adding exotics like what he has, will soon have a garage like that
He is a true passionate Italian collector. This collection is more like what I would have had Japanese and primarily two strokes.

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-def85377cda44a7bb8dd08a5adfe96d5.jpeg

However there is one lone baby Italian in the collection, which will put a smile on no_fear’s face

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-5ab14ae8e4924e1cad0e9eff29cbc157.jpeg
SnS_12 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 20:23   #112
BHPian

Quote:
That NS250R Rothman is very limited. There are not many immaculate ones existing nowadays. I have seen some being sold for more than 10k USD on the used rare bike sites. Awesome find Sachin. Quite a few gems.

The Aprilia looks to be the 125. Judging by the skinny tires.
no_fear is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 21:26   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
That NS250R Rothman is very limited.

The Aprilia looks to be the 125. Judging by the skinny tires.
Yes. Hence was surprised to see so many rare models under one roof and all in working condition.

The Aprilla is a RS 125 and from the decals seems to be a track only version and hence has no number as well I guess.

Next to it is a custom RD 350 with under-seat exhaust and then another ratee to see NSR 150 (single sided swingarm) and a Boni at the end.

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-82a433f1c1fa4145ba833ef1b08512ec.jpeg

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-7658073577f0448d9dbfd8801f601973.jpeg

Last edited by Sheel : 31st August 2021 at 12:32. Reason: Typo.
SnS_12 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 12:12   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Sweet ! Isn't this collection based in Chennai?
Turbojc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 19:12   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Sweet ! Isn't this collection based in Chennai?
Correct. The owner rides them regularly which is a must for these two strokes to run healthy 👏
SnS_12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 15:31   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

The thread has been quiet for sometime, as I was concentrating on riding rather then adding any new parts to the bike.

This changed once my brother arrived from Switzerland last month, and with him came all the parts that I had ordered earlier and was waiting patiently. Mark 13 got decked up with those parts over the course of last month, and below are the parts that have got added.

For ease I will reference to the parts that I wanted to get from my first ownership posts.

Quote:
1. Front Fork Protector.
2. Back protector.
3. Radiator Protectors.
4. Side Stand extender.
5. Third Party Clutch and Brake levers, this is to act as spare as OEM are very expensive.
6. Bar End mirrors
7. Seat Cowl (This is installed)
8. Ducati Comfort Seat
9. Some Stickers
10. Frame Plug Caps
Without getting into specific of things and bore you, will just post pics of the installed parts

1. Front Fork Protectors.

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-front-protector.jpg

2. Back Protector.

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-rear-protector.jpg

3. Radiator Protectors - This still needs to be Installed and will be done in a couple of days.

4. Side Stand Extender

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-side-stand-extender.jpg

Installed

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-side-stander-installed.jpg

5. Third Party Clutch and Brake levers, this is to act as spare as OEM are very expensive.

This is procured, but not installed, and hopefully are not needed ever.

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-spare-lever.jpg

6. Bar end Mirrors

This was installed earlier and photos posted in above thread.

7. Seat Cowl

This was installed earlier and photos shared above, but I decided to spice up things a bit and the cowl was replaced with a Carbon fiber cowl, a separate post to follow.

8. Ducati Comfort seat.

This was Installed and you can see the difference in the seat height and also the extra padding, this has definitely made life much more easier and heat on the bums is considerably reduced.

Comfort Seat

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-comfort-seat.jpg

Comfort Seat Comparison with Stock Seat

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-comfort-seat-comparison.jpg

Comfort Seat Installed

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-comfort-seat-installed.jpg

9. Some Stickers.

This was mainly used to replace the ageing sticker on the mudguard, and one more was used on the rear hugger.

Aged Sticker

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-old-ducati-sticker.jpg

Replaced

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-replaced-sticker.jpg

10. Frame plug caps

Total of 4 of these are Installed.

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-frame-plug-red.jpg

Quote:
Ordered but in Transit

1. Frame Sliders
2. Clear Clutch Cover, in action below.
Both of the above are procured, will be installed shortly, pictures to follow.

Quote:
Under Consideration

1. Underbody Exhaust.
2. Track Suit.
Track suit was procured, now let's see when I get to go to track, I am still not sure if I want to track the bike, but rather learn initially with rented bikes, and then gradually take mine once I am comfortable. Got new pair of Gloves and new Boots too. Will paint the white part to red shortly I guess to sync up everything.

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-dainese-race-suit.jpg

In addition have procured Vredestein tires, but current tires have some life left, so these will go on the bike after sometime. Stocked them seeing the non availability of tires, will be downgrading from current 200/50 rear to 190/55. Stock is 180/60.

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-spare-tyre.jpg

In addition to the above have installed some Carbon Fiber parts, will make a separate post for the same shortly.

Leaving you with a couple of photos from the last ride of the previous year and first ride of the new year.

Last Ride of the year, breaking in the Leather Jacket and notice a beautiful FireBlade in background.

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-last-ride.jpg

One while out on the first ride of the new year, hopefully we get to ride much more this year.

Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-first-ride.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the photolog, another post with few carbon fiber parts coming soon along with the pending parts to be installed.

Last edited by AtheK : 11th January 2022 at 15:44.
AtheK is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 18:11   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Track suit was procured, now let's see when I get to go to track, I am still not sure if I want to track the bike, but rather learn initially with rented bikes, and then gradually take mine once I am comfortable. Got new pair of Gloves and new Boots too. Will paint the white part to red shortly I guess to sync up everything.
Track suit sounds so different with leathers! Does Red add more bhp?

Quote:
In addition have procured Vredestein tires, but current tires have some life left, so these will go on the bike after sometime. Stocked them seeing the non availability of tires, will be downgrading from current 200/50 rear to 190/55. Stock is 180/60.
Two front tyres? Why not wait for the NS, as I heard they're just round the corner!

A Ducati is always a visual treat!
surjaonwheelz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 18:16   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Track suit sounds so different with leathers! Does Red add more bhp?
Track Suit just has a nice feel to it

Red well is life!! Jokes apart, white looks nice new, once a bit dirty it is kind of eye sore, so will wait for it to get a bit old and then do some artistic work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post

Two front tyres? Why not wait for the NS, as I heard they're just round the corner!

A Ducati is always a visual treat!
One was for a friend, which went on daytona. These were procured sometime back, NS would have definitely been a better pick, will check and see if I can swap once they are available. Other option is to put them on the FireBlade.

Last edited by AtheK : 11th January 2022 at 18:17.
AtheK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 23:23   #119
BHPian

Quote:
..which went on daytona..
Mark 13 | My Pre-Worshipped Ducati Panigale 959 | EDIT: Now Sold-daytona.jpg

Obviously this is nowhere close to the earlier Supercorsa. Still, I am much more confident now of taking the Daytona on less than perfect () Bangalore roads without the worry of punctures or damage.

Back to topic, loving the small bits (especially the CF ones) added on the 959; looks tasteful while zoomed out. Now for an underbelly exhaust.

Last edited by dreamseller : 17th January 2022 at 23:24.
dreamseller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 23:45   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
Attachment 2261777

Obviously this is nowhere close to the earlier Supercorsa. .
Additionally the supercorsa did give it the proper track bike feels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
Attachment 2261777
Now for an underbelly exhaust.
Hopefully very soon!!
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks