Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2022, 09:51   #121
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post

Yes, the Africa Twin shall continue to be a part of the garage.
The purpose of having two motorcycles in the garage is to have both complement each other in terms of riding pleasure. While the Africa Twin is a great bike in it's own right, I am not a fan of twin cylinder engines in isolation. That is where the Hayabusa steps in with perhaps one of the best production Inline 4 engines to ever exist in motorcycling history.

Both bikes would be lifetime keepers, shall have a permanent place in the garage.
Hahaha . .. for a moment there I was dreaming of calling dibs in case you plonk off the AT. Hearty congratulations on owning two spectacular machines there.

I totally resonate with the thoughts you’ve penned. While I really love my ADV, if I can ever justify having a two bike garage, I yearn for a lovely sports tourer like the Ninja 1000 (in my case) to complement the ADV. Its still long distance capable and what it loses in outright go anywhere capability from the Tiger it makes up with pure inline 4 thrill which is inimitable.

Good luck and I hope I can come admire your garage whenever I am in Pune next (btw whereabouts in Pune are you - I am located in the Baner area whenever I visit).
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 00:01   #122
BHPian

The Falcon has landed!

There is no way to express in words how immaculate this bike looks in-person (especially in this color scheme). I'm reading a lot of opinions (on the internet) being expressed about the Gen 3, would urge those who are on the brink of deciding to visit a showroom and check it out in person. Pictures do NOT do it justice.

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-img_7204.jpg

This rear looks superb in-person. It will look even better with the accessory cowl, but that means losing the grab rail (in addition to the seat itself!), which isn't a reasonable trade off. Function over form for me.

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-img_7205.jpg

Notice how Suzuki has been naughty. The speedometer reads 290 kph, yet there's a marking that goes till 300.

This analogue + TFT cluster is simply incredible to look at and savor. It is a special experience to watch the needles do a full sweep at power-on. There's just something about analogue dials on a motorcycle that satiates the soul.

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-img_7206.jpg

First impressions | Ride from Suzuki, Pune showroom to residence (~15 km):

- smoothness/refinement is out of this world
- fueling is immaculate
- tractability at low speeds is unfathomable. In 1st, 2nd and 3rd the bike could do speed breakers at slow speeds without slipping the clutch.
- ground clearance is adequate (atleast for pillion only). no scraping anywhere.
- the long wheelbase is not felt. bike shrinks around rider.
- suspension suppleness is extremely well crafted (the lovely damping makes road undulations a non issue)
- I’m not sure if what I heard inside the helmet was the intake or exhaust sound (or a combination of both), but that sound is
- brakes are S-H-A-R-P
- clutch lever felt a bit heavy (this is a negative. whether it breaks in and becomes lighter is to be seen)
- accelerator grip felt heavy (again a negative)
- filled Shell V-Power at a pump near home. It drank 14l of fuel. The dealership had given 5l without having to ask! much appreciated.
- it is an attention magnet. I was totally uncomfortable with this. don't think riding in the city would be fun.
- it began heating up whenever stopped in traffic. however the temperature needle did not go beyond the half way mark. heat let out by the dual radiator fans (single radiator, two fans) could be felt on the legs, was a non-issue while wearing full riding gear. Whether summer-season-tangdi-burns are a thing, time will tell.
- mass centralization is S-U-P-E-R-B! it feels like a 1000cc super-sport when in motion. spec-sheet weight numbers are just that, the actual "feel" while riding is that of an extremely nimble motorcycle.
- build quality of every single part is immaculate. it feels like a premium flagship motorcycle, which it indeed is.
- accessories installed prior to delivery: R&G radiator guard and frame sliders.
- ODO reading of 0 km during delivery. felt pristine. In comparison, the Africa Twin had 5 km on the cluster.
- The quick-shifter is a good to have, but it takes the pleasure out of shifting. Need to get used to this.
- U-turns are an acquired skill on this bike. Handle turn ratio is quite less. At full lock, hands get squashed between the bar and tank. Will be a problem to be dealt with during right-hand u-turns.
- have been asked to keep the RPM under 6K for the first 1000 km
- Peregrine = Perennial Grins

Note: I had neither ridden the Gen 2 Hayabusa (ever) nor taken a TR of the Gen 3 (TR bike not available in Pune). These impressions are therefore truly a "first".

PS: my impressions of the Gen 3 shall be in isolation to the Gen 3, having never ridden the Gen 1/2 - not in a position to relate/compare.

Last edited by GoBlue : 5th January 2022 at 00:31.
GoBlue is offline   (104) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 09:24   #123
BHPian

Wow. What a lovely machine. Congratulations for the beauty.
aneesh2M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 09:28   #124
BHPian

Absolutely gorgeous! Do post more pics, most of us live our superbike experiences vicariously through guys like you
Sudarshan42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 09:32   #125
BHPian

Stunning motorcycle! Stuff of dreams!

Wish you many happy and safe kilometres with your new bike!

Please put up a detailed ownership review.

Ride Safe!
Mafia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 09:40   #126
BHPian

Quote:
The Falcon has landed!
The new Hayabusa is truly a stunning bike and while some people are bummed about the power drop, I feel like it brings the Hayabusa closer to it's roots as it was originally meant to be a sport tourer and not a full on sportbike.

Saw a couple of them in traffic in Bengaluru but I've only seen a gen 3 Hayabusa up close once and that image has been burned into my head ever since .

Spotted this Beast in Black/Gold in a parking lot.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-img_20211017_115535.jpg  

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-img_20211017_115520.jpg  

GreasyCarb55 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 10:51   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Falcon has landed!
Looking good. Great color choice.

The Gen 3 indeed looks great in person and Suzuki did a tremendous job with it's design. It is an unmistakable Hayabusa at first sight.
Suzuki has been doing the 300 kmph speedo since the Gen 1. It stops reading after 280 with just 2 lines following it. For reference, my avatar pic is my Gen 2 speedo.

Indeed analog dials are a treat to watch. This is the best cockpit design of any modern sportsbike on sale today.

The 1340 cc is known for its refinement. It was already buttery smooth on the Gen 2, but in the Gen 3, it is on a whole new level. You have an endless sea of torque that picks up after 3500 rpm and will take you all the way to hell and back.

You will never have problem with fueling on this bike. Even with sub par quality of fuel.

It will bottom out on large speed breakers. Keep a look out for them and cross diagonally. The faster you go, the more stable it gets. Find a closed circuit road and cross 200 once the run in is over . It will cocoon you and lick the tarmac like a train.

The brakes are the best you can get from the factory floor on a Hayabusa. It's close to the Brembo set up I have on mine in performance. Though remember, she is a big fat girl and will never stop like a 1000 cc.

It has the magic carpet ride for sure. During my time with it, I felt the clutch light too. In fact it was perfect and nothing seemed off.
It will heat up in slow moving traffic and at red lights. Though the fans will mostly keep the temp from crossing the half way mark. Eventually, get rid of the cans and the cat and find yourself a nice pair of full exhausts.

We can talk and discuss more on it as you pile on more miles and get to know the biker better.

Take care of it and it will give you decades of riding fun.

All said and done, you are going to have a ball of a time with this. It's an amazing machine and pretty much perfect. Ride safe, ride far!

Last edited by Aditya : 7th January 2022 at 22:24. Reason: Spacing, quoted text trimmed
bigron is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 12:47   #128
BHPian

Wow, what a bike. Congratulations and many happy miles.
sureshkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 00:15   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan42 View Post
Absolutely gorgeous! Do post more pics...
Sharing some more pics.

Please note that they are clicked using a phone camera and haven't been edited or filtered using any APP. Have an OCD against editing photos.

The bike getting delivered. Lovely booking/delivery experience by Dream Suzuki, Pune.
2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-eac664b2be8644fcbdd76bbe73a633a9.jpg

To be noted how this satin silver looks different in varying lighting conditions.
This location is my parking space.
It looks exquisite to the eyes, photos aren't doing it much justice.
2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-img_7252.jpg

The rear looks menacing.
2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-img_7254.jpg

The cuts and creases are designed to look graceful/elegant.
This is now a Ninja assassin wearing a finely crafted suit.
Pun intended.
2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-img_7256.jpg

Land yacht.
2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-img_7249.jpg

The piece-de-resistance. That cluster!
Notice the mirrors folded beautifully into please-park-me-and-put-a-cover-on mode.
Without this it'd be impossible for a bike cover to fit. The mirrors open W-I-D-E.
2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-img_7251.jpg

There ain't no cars here, this is a motorcycle enthusiast's parking space!
2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-img_7253.jpg
GoBlue is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 00:37   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
While I really love my ADV, if I can ever justify having a two bike garage, I yearn for a lovely sports tourer like the Ninja 1000 (in my case) to complement the ADV. Its still long distance capable and what it loses in outright go anywhere capability from the Tiger it makes up with pure inline 4 thrill which is inimitable.

Good luck and I hope I can come admire your garage whenever I am in Pune next (btw whereabouts in Pune are you - I am located in the Baner area whenever I visit).
As I said earlier, one bike cannot provide all pleasures. Hope we see that Ninja soon in your garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh2M View Post
Congratulations for the beauty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan42 View Post
Absolutely gorgeous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Wish you many happy and safe kilometres with your new bike!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkumar View Post
Congratulations and many happy miles.
Thanks all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Please put up a detailed ownership review.
To be honest, I'm kinda bored with the usual format of forum ownership reviews. I'd rather share experiences here on this thread rather than regurgitate through the usual selection/booking/delivery/servicing/accessory fitting/washing/cleaning posts. There are other members who are doing a fine job of detailed/dedicated reviews, I'd prefer to do this differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
During my time with it, I felt the clutch light too. In fact it was perfect and nothing seemed off.
I don't think the clutch being heavy is a problem of the motorcycle. It's just that a light/heavy clutch is relative to one's prior experiences. My Africa Twin has an absolutely gorgeous clutch feel. Having said that, the clutch doesn't need to be used much due to the quick-shifter/auto-blipper (atleast on the open road) which is a good thing. It is only in traffic that the clutch has to be used for 1-2-1-N, which is where I find it a bit on the heavier side.

Just a matter of getting used to, I'm sure. Although always good to highlight these nuances so that others are aware. After all, no motorcycle is perfect, although the Hayabusa comes quite close.

Last edited by GoBlue : 6th January 2022 at 00:39.
GoBlue is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 13:20   #131
BHPian

Congrats on the beast!!! looks amazing, wish I can have that moolah & passion to own this mean machine. Congrats again!!
Sach_511 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 14:15   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Sharing some more pics.

The cuts and creases are designed to look graceful/elegant.
This is now a Ninja assassin wearing a finely crafted suit.
Pun intended.
Attachment 2254881

It feels as if the entire motorcycle has been machined from a single metal block. The silver grey colour looks stunning.
BharathXUV700 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 16:23   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Sharing some more pics....
Congratulations on the Silver Beauty/Beast. Hayabusa has always had great street presence and a special place in our hearts. Your bike looks stunning in pics, and you say looks even better in flesh .

Congratulations again, on a beautiful yet scary machine. Wish you a lot of great miles & years with her.

- Slick
Slick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 20:56   #134

Wow ! What a stunning bike. The rear looks absolutely superb. Wishing you many many more munching miles .. ride Safe Bro !
Aj_Pod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 17:15   #135
BHPian

Quote:
The Falcon has landed!
You mention you haven't ridden the Gen 2 Busa but have you Test-ridden the Kawasaki ZX-13R?

If yes, any particular reason going for the Busa over the Kwacker?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks