Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2022, 16:48   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
Since I am for real considering getting the Busa down the line, my idea is that I do not want it to be a garage queen and actually use the machine as my daily driver: work commutes, meetings, streets etc.
I would say, don’t do it nutcracker! While hypothetically you could do it, you will never be able to continue doing it. You will do it for a few days maybe, but very soon you will get fed up of commuting on the Busa. This is not a daily driver for the kind of stuff you are talking about, abroad, some countries perhaps, but most certainly not in our country.

Buy the Busa if she has seduced you with her charm, enjoy her for weekend or other rides and keep another commuter bike for commuting. That will be a perfect combination.

In any case I would strongly recommend riding her before you spend 20 lacs. She is a fairy tale for most of us, ensure she is for you first.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 21:16   #167
BHPian

Quote:

Do you think that can be managed with the Busa, or is it too much of an over-encumbrance when used as a daily driver?
If you have a chauffeur who could ride while you sit pillion, then this bike would be a great option for daily commuting.

Last edited by Axe77 : 14th November 2022 at 22:06. Reason: Trimming quoted text.
GoBlue is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 12:00   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a question about the Busa that's been on my mind since a while.

Since I am for real considering getting the Busa down the line, my idea is that I do not want it to be a garage queen and actually use the machine as my daily driver: work commutes, meetings, streets etc.

Do you think that can be managed with the Busa, or is it too much of an over-encumbrance when used as a daily driver?

I know it will attract a lot of attention, but my workplace has a dedicated and guarded parking spot, so that issue is solved.

My work commute is around 15 kms one way, with a mixture of highways, traffic snarls with battery rickshaws and signal heavy stretches.
Can it be done? Ofcourse.
Should it be done? Probably not.

I used my Hayabusa as a daily ride for many years. Few things to keep in mind.

It is a big bike and you need space to wade through traffic unlike the 650/1000cc.
It has weight to it and quick turns need some planning.You will bend the bike if not careful in traffic.
It will get hot in Delhi traffic to the point of being uncomfortable at lights and in slow moving traffic.
There will be too many people wanting to race you, ride close to you or tailgate you. Presence and cool mind is the key.

If you can manage the above, use it everyday by all means.
bigron is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 13:32   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
If your mind is set to it, you can use the Suzuki Hayabusa (or any other big bike, for that matter) on a daily basis. However, the thrill of seeing the odometer rack up big numbers, while you struggle through the daily grind of mind numbing traffic, will wear out pretty quickly.

In all honesty, given the commute conditions that you mentioned, I can pretty much guarantee that you will have more fun going to office while riding a Gixxer 250 than the Hayabusa.
Makes sense. I'm really bored of my CB350 and I want to replace it with an easy going peppy bike I can use for commute.
Apologies for going a little off topic here, how different is the Gixxer 250 from the Duke 250 in terms for riding experience, handling etc.
Old 20th November 2022, 16:03   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Makes sense. I'm really bored of my CB350 and I want to replace it with an easy going peppy bike I can use for commute.
Apologies for going a little off topic here, how different is the Gixxer 250 from the Duke 250 in terms for riding experience, handling etc.
The Gixxer is a very potent Japanese refined sportbike. It has oil cooling and has around 26hp of power. The duke 250 has liquid cooling and is a firecracker of a motorcycle. It produces around 30hp. For city duties, I would personally recommend the Gixxer. Its balanced, doesn't get heated up that bad, and does highway duties with proper comfort and grunt. The duke gets heated up quite easily, the rider's triangle is weirdly positioned and the mileage figures also keep hurting the wallet.
saitvsk23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 14:47   #171
BHPian

Hello Gentlemen,

I have been wanting to book a Hayabusa for quite sometime now. Does anyone know when Suzuki is planning to start taking the bookings again? The information I have from my local dealership is nothing to write home about - the guys are clueless. I have been told 'bookings should start maybe in the next couple of days' for at least few weeks now.

Many thanks!

Arun
Old 3rd April 2023, 15:03   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by akunchala View Post
Hello Gentlemen,

I have been wanting to book a Hayabusa for quite sometime now. Does anyone know when Suzuki is planning to start taking the bookings again? The information I have from my local dealership is nothing to write home about - the guys are clueless. I have been told 'bookings should start maybe in the next couple of days' for at least few weeks now.

Many thanks!

Arun
Hello Arun, i am absolutely clueless on how to send you a PM. Would you mind sending me one ?
Arvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 17:35   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvi View Post
Hello Arun, i am absolutely clueless on how to send you a PM. Would you mind sending me one ?
Hello Arvi,

Unfortunately, until you graduate from a Newbie account to a BHPian account, I don't think there is way to DM you.

Thanks,
Arun

Last edited by akunchala : 3rd April 2023 at 17:47. Reason: Removed phone number
Old 3rd April 2023, 17:51   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Gentlemen,

Many thanks!

Arun
Bookings have already started in Pune.

People have booked the new colour schemes.
GoBlue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 23:00   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
Bookings have already started in Pune.

People have booked the new colour schemes.
Thanks GoBlue. After having spoken to the Aryan Suzuki in Bangalore (Arvi's reference), it looks like some dealers are taking offline bookings for the Busa where as the Hyderabad dealer for does not want to take the risk of committing to a date of delivery based on offline bookings. I am checking with the management of the Suzuki showroom here as logistics of bike delivery might be easier with the local dealer.

And if nothing works, I will make the offline booking via Aryan.
akunchala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 11:32   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks GoBlue. After having spoken to the Aryan Suzuki in Bangalore (Arvi's reference), it looks like some dealers are taking offline bookings for the Busa where as the Hyderabad dealer for does not want to take the risk of committing to a date of delivery based on offline bookings. I am checking with the management of the Suzuki showroom here as logistics of bike delivery might be easier with the local dealer.

Dealer can ship the factory crate to your residence as well.

Factory crate is extremely well packaged, so there's no risk of damage.

They can do the unboxing and start-up of the bike in-person, which can be a nice experience.

Registration in your city/state can also be managed. This option can be evaluated.
GoBlue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 12:35   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Dealer can ship the factory crate to your residence as well.

Factory crate is extremely well packaged, so there's no risk of damage.

They can do the unboxing and start-up of the bike in-person, which can be a nice experience.

Registration in your city/state can also be managed. This option can be evaluated.
I think all this is not needed, Hyderabad dealer will get his share of bikes when they are launched it's not a small city. Probably with his some not so good old experience, he does not want to start taking booking till he is absolutely sure of some commitment from Suzuki. The bikes anyway will come to India at same time, and will also head to Hyderabad. You can build a rapport with the Hyderabad dealer and just keep him informed that you are interested and can also put a very small nominal amount for booking to be first in queue, or just ask him to confirm to you once he does start taking bookings.

You should get the bike for sure in the first lot itself!
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 09:23   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
I think all this is not needed, Hyderabad dealer will get his share of bikes when they are launched it's not a small city.
Not everyone wants to wait months for a motorcycle, uncertainty with a mere booking is not a good start to a purchase experience.

Getting bikes unboxed/delivered at home is standard practice for Suzuki in Pune/MH.

I got the bike delivered within 4 days of having booked. There's a way for those who prefer getting their bike delivered ASAP.

There's no point tolerating an incompetent dealer who is declining even a booking (considering other dealers are taking bookings), only for the summer season to pass and rains to start - which essentially means waiting 5-6 additional months for the riding season to start in December.

Evaluating alternate approaches with multiple dealers is a practical measure when one is spending money, nothing is necessary or otherwise.

Last edited by GoBlue : 5th April 2023 at 09:24.
Old 5th April 2023, 09:50   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not everyone wants to wait months for a motorcycle, uncertainty with a mere booking is not a good start to a purchase experience.

Getting bikes unboxed/delivered at home is standard practice for Suzuki in Pune/MH.

I got the bike delivered within 4 days of having booked. There's a way for those who prefer getting their bike delivered ASAP.

There's no point tolerating an incompetent dealer who is declining even a booking (considering other dealers are taking bookings), only for the summer season to pass and rains to start - which essentially means waiting 5-6 additional months for the riding season to start in December.

Evaluating alternate approaches with multiple dealers is a practical measure when one is spending money, nothing is necessary or otherwise.
Point is has Suzuki started taking delivery officially?

Aryan Bangalore is taking an unofficial booking at this point of time as per my understanding, and even he has no clarity when the bikes will be delivered, just that he will put you ahead of queue later, when booking opens officially.

Your point is very valid if Aryan had the bike ready in crate or was atleast commiting a time frame, as per my understanding it is none of these. So calling hyderabad dealer incompetent is not a good practice, when he is the one actually playing by the book, and waiting for some kind of concrete information for his customers before starting taking bookings.

What will aryan do to save your riding season if suzuki itself won't get the bikes to India before that.

Last edited by AtheK : 5th April 2023 at 09:51.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 10:02   #180
Senior - BHPian

If Suzuki officially start booking/delivery in May/June then you may see a few cancellations from potential buyers as they would not like the bike to be parked post purchase and wait it out for the rainy season to end. So, if you want to be absolutely sure and have a concrete delivery date then you should wait it out for official confirmation and continue to stay in touch with the Hyderabad dealer.

Getting the unboxing done at home is a once in a lifetime experience and a moment you will cherish for ever.

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-60bf0fffd68e4f02970a159fc1b38ba7.jpeg

Last edited by SnS_12 : 5th April 2023 at 10:16.
SnS_12 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks