Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2023, 21:19   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-4R, now launched at 8.49 lakh

Looks like the social influencers have started getting their hands on the showroom bikes. Here is one with a slightly misleading title, but at least the sound can be heard in the video -

Old 9th October 2023, 06:55   #62

Went for the bike reveal yesterday. Apparently, Anzen Mumbai has received only 2 units of the bike initially. I am next in line to get hold of this beauty which should be in the next couple of weeks. Honestly, I liked what I saw. The pictures don’t do justice to the black Color honestly. The metallic spark black looks better in person. Although I would have liked this to be on the KRT greens.
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-4R, now launched at 8.49 lakh-ad0c03252076495e829d6b6f793762f7.jpeg  

Kashifh83 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 21:43   #63

Does the Ninja ZX-4R come as a CBU or as CKD units from Thailand? Just curious.
Also, at this price point I was expecting the SE or the RR. But that is okay since we get the full tune of 77-80PS
Old 11th October 2023, 07:18   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepakea83 View Post
Does the Ninja ZX-4R come as a CBU or as CKD units from Thailand? Just curious.
Also, at this price point I was expecting the SE or the RR. But that is okay since we get the full tune of 77-80PS
This is CBU import from Thailand and boy it attracts duties to to make this the most expensive sub 400cc bike in India. Furthermore, the Mumbai RTO levies extra registration charges on CBU imports making an already expensive product, dearer.
They should’ve got the RR which has better features at this price point. In fact in some of the international markets there isn’t a Standard version at all. All they have is the SE and the RR versions.
Kashifh83 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 20:27   #65

I'm planning to book this bike by 15th October.
so I inquired with Kawasaki Navi Mumbai.
Booking amount is 50,000 INR.
But the sales consultant was like, the bikes will arrive in December, and for the bikes to be assigned to you, you'll have to make full payment now only due to their exclusivity.

I thought only by paying the booking amount, the bike assignment will be secured. So I'm finding this a little sketchy and getting strayed to other options like a used CBR650R or wait for the new lot of Hondas to arrive next year Feb onwards.
Any guidance is appreciated. Thank you.
Old 12th October 2023, 14:50   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyfire View Post
But the sales consultant was like, the bikes will arrive in December, and for the bikes to be assigned to you, you'll have to make full payment now only due to their exclusivity.

I thought only by paying the booking amount, the bike assignment will be secured. So I'm finding this a little sketchy and getting strayed to other options like a used CBR650R or wait for the new lot of Hondas to arrive next year Feb onwards.
Wait for the Honda's or the 650R to be precise. You wont ever regret the decision mate
akshayhonda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 09:08   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

ameyfire, its sad to see Kawasaki dealers trying to pressurize customers into coughing up the full payment, when there is zero need to do so. All you have to do is pay the booking amount, wait for the bike to arrive, do a PDI and then make the balance payment. If your Navi Mumbai dealer is not willing to budge, then try booking with the other nearby dealers.

Though none of us here have ridden the ZX4R, the riding experience will be very different to a used CBR650R. So, without knowing your riding preferences or history, it will be nearly impossible for us to make suggestions, one way or the other.
neil.jericho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 09:25   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
So, without knowing your riding preferences or history, it will be nearly impossible for us to make suggestions, one way or the other.
Hey, thank you for the suggestions I will see what they say and act accordingly.

My riding history be like -
2013 Yamaha R15 V2.0
2017 Harley Davidson Street 750
2019 TVS Apache RR310
2023 KTM RC390 (current bike)

'm looking for a fully faired inline 4 sports bike at the moment and the ZX4R and CBR650R are my two picks.
I almost purchased a ZX10R in March this year but backed off thinking I better upgrade to a middleweight first rather than a flagship litre bike directly.

Cheers.
ameyfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 10:59   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, thank you for the suggestions I will see what they say and act accordingly.

2013 Yamaha R15 V2.0
2019 TVS Apache RR310

'm looking for a fully faired inline 4 sports bike at the moment and the ZX4R and CBR650R are my two picks.
I almost purchased a ZX10R in March this year but backed off thinking I better upgrade to a middleweight first rather than a flagship litre bike directly.

Cheers.
Hey Ameyfire,
Assuming you have done enough riding on the bikes above, I see no issue if you choose to go for the 10R.It has enough safety features and power modes so you can tune your riding experience based on your comfort. Its a great bike overall and looks great in the non-KRT schemes.

Either way, dont get pressurised by the dealer to pay the full amount. If no dealer is willing to budge, go for the CBR 650R (if you chose not to go for 10R)
TheCelestial is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 20:52   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
2013 Yamaha R15 V2.0
2019 TVS Apache RR310

ameyfire, go for the CBR650R. It is a fantastic all round middleweight and is the perfect step up for you. After a few years, you can take a call on whether you want to go to a 1000cc sports bike or if you want to go to an adventure bike, or if you want something smaller and lighter. I am a big advocate of owning a middle weight bike before jumping into the deep end of the pool.

The ZX4R is a great bike in its own right but the lack of torque will be something that might take some getting used to, especially to riders who expect supersport performance at that price. With the Honda, you wont have any second thoughts or regrets.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 09:58   #71
BHPian

Quote:

Definitely wait and maybe book the bike in a different showroom. The CBR is boring in comparison. Overall parts availability will be better for the Kawasaki and the bike is infinitely more exclusive.
Old 15th October 2023, 12:21   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
If your Navi Mumbai dealer is not willing to budge, then try booking with the other nearby dealers.
Unfortunately as of last year the Navi Mumbai dealer Motosaki closed down and was taken over by the Mumbai dealer Anzen. So all 3 dealers in the area are under the same company Anzen.

Quote:

Cheers.
I had the same fear as you did. I tried my friends Zx10r and in the road mode it was so easy to ride with very sane power delivery. You can easily ride the bike coming from an Rc390 and you can move your way to the sports mode once you are well versed with the bike. Only issue I had with the Zx10r is just how uncomfortable it was to ride. But I am fat
bf1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 14:21   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackofsome View Post
Definitely wait and maybe book the bike in a different showroom. The CBR is boring in comparison. Overall parts availability will be better for the Kawasaki and the bike is infinitely more exclusive.
I think whether CBR is going to be boring to him will entirely depend on what kind of a rider he is. You will have to be living in the upper ranges of the rpms on a 400 supersports to enjoy the bike as it is supposed to be. Whereas the CBR650R will be a better real world bike with more punch in the Indian traffic scenarios. So he has to be clear about his intentions. ZX4R is a modern classic already. The exclusivity and that engine is certainly special but it is also very single minded in it's purpose. On the other hand the CBR is a classic sports bike-sports tourer mash up.
Old 15th October 2023, 15:33   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
I had the same fear as you did. I tried my friends Zx10r and in the road mode it was so easy to ride with very sane power delivery. You can easily ride the bike coming from an Rc390 and you can move your way to the sports mode once you are well versed with the bike. Only issue I had with the Zx10r is just how uncomfortable it was to ride. But I am fat
Before I got my Busa (Bluebird) I had never ridden one and had only once ridden as a pillion on a Gen 1, where my friend who was riding it accelerated in the 1st and 2nd gear to its redline to give me a feel of what the bike is capable off.

So, when I got my Busa for the first few days I was really intimidated by it and I really thought I have bitten more than I can chew but the nerves settled in slowly and today I am as comfortable riding it as I am on my first bike my RX 135.

Coming to comfort my 848 Evo (Bianca) has to be the most demanding bike in my garage and its a totally different animal. The riding posture and the mounting position of the handle bars are as same as the Ducati Moto GP bikes of its era .And then you have the L twin engine with that harddd clutch action which need frequent gear changes as the engine doesn't like been ridden in traffic or slow speeds. Since, I got my bike in April I have ridden a total of six times till date with just 200 kms on the odo. But, the last ride I really enjoyed it and had no more numbness in my right hand or back pain or wrist pain whatsoever.

So, I think one really needs to spend sometime and kms on a bike to get used to it and a short spin may not always give the correct picture. But, then these bikes are very very expensive so its always a challenge to pick the right one that suits your requirement the best just based on reviews and feedbacks from owners.

Coming to the ZX 4R I am interested in it as this would be a bike which I can happily redline more frequently (first two gears are short I believe) like I do my RX and enjoy the music from a good akra can with the 4 into 1 setup. So, if that's not your riding style and you're one who will shift in the 6-8k rpm range then maybe the bike won't be that much fun and the Z 900 or the CBR 650 will be a better choice but after a certain speed the wind buffeting will really be annoying.

I am in no hurry to get one and understand the first slot is already fully sold out, so will wait to see if the RR version gets considered for India maybe next year.

Last edited by SnS_12 : 15th October 2023 at 15:44.
SnS_12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 17:16   #75
Senior - BHPian

Neevesy also says the same thing this bike will deliver more fun only if you put in more effort. But if you're going to baby it around then the CBR 650 is a better choice but if you give it the full beans it can match up to the CBR 650 and will plaster a bigger smile on your face as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks