Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2023, 14:10   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-4R, now launched at 8.49 lakh

Kawasaki Ninja ZX-4R deliveries commence in India

Kawasaki launched the Ninja ZX-4R in India last month. The newest inline 4-cylinder supersport model is priced at Rs 8.49 lakh (ex-showroom). Kawasaki has now commenced deliveries of the first batch of bikes.

Kawasaki Ninja ZX-4R, now launched at 8.49 lakh-2023_kawasaki_ninja_zx4r_31176x588_0.jpg

In India, the ZX-4R is available in a single variant. It comes with a 4.3-inch digital instrument console with Bluetooth connectivity and has four riding modes: Sport, Road, Rain and Rider.

The ZX-4R is powered by a 399cc 4-cylinder liquid-cooled engine that revs to 15,000 rpm and produces 79 BHP @ 14,500 rpm with RAM air assistance and 37.6 Nm @ 12,500 rpm. The engine is mated with a 6-speed gearbox.

The ZX-4R features an upside-down fork from Showa at the front and an adjustable mono-shock at the rear, while braking is handled by dual 290 mm discs at the front paired with Nissin 4-piston calipers and a 220 mm disc at the rear with dual-channel ABS.
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 18:20   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyfire View Post
I'm planning to book this bike by 15th October.
so I inquired with Kawasaki Navi Mumbai.
Booking amount is 50,000 INR.
But the sales consultant was like, the bikes will arrive in December, and for the bikes to be assigned to you, you'll have to make full payment now only due to their exclusivity.

I thought only by paying the booking amount, the bike assignment will be secured. So I'm finding this a little sketchy and getting strayed to other options like a used CBR650R or wait for the new lot of Hondas to arrive next year Feb onwards.
Any guidance is appreciated. Thank you.
The dealer is trying to play on your emotion and by asking for 100% of the price. The dealer wants to enjoy an interest free deposit to rotate money for his other bike bookings with Kawasaki. There is no guarantee that your bike will be delivered by December and you will left at the mercy of the dealer. Write to Kawasaki India and am sure they will help you on this issue, also ask them to specify the booking amount as well as the cancellation terms in case you change your mind later. Beware that once you have paid in full and by chance the dealer winds up his business, your money is gone. All is not well for every dealer, recently a Kawa dealership in a major city was sold or transferred to another Kawa dealer. So dont go by the brand name of Kawasaki and blindly trust a dealer. Always put Kawasaki in the loop for any such sort of payments.

Regards choosing between Honda CBR650 and the Kawasaki ZX4R, my personal feeling is the Honda can do 90% of what the ZX4R can do on the track whereas am skeptical whether the ZX4R can do 70% of what the CBR650R can do on the road. Please note that you are getting a low cc bike with 4 cylinders but not at a low price.
raja_ys is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 23:57   #78

Finally took the delivery of this beauty yesterday. Thoughts after riding it for about 50kms.
1. What? How does it feel better than the 900 to ride?
2. It’s not underpowered by any means.
3. Engine is butter smooth and the clutch is light as a feather.
4. So nimble. Manoeuvring in traffic is a piece of cake.
5. Haven’t gone beyond 80kmph but yes I could feel what the absence of wind hitting your chest and head.
6. I am wondering if this is how the stock exhaust sounds then how will my Yoshimura be when it arrives in a couple of days. Boy , you will be blown away for sure.
7. Pictures don’t do justice to how good this bike looks. Add some decals and it should be a head turner for sure.

Some negatives: ( hopefully they are sorted soon)
A) Fuel indicator was erratic
B) Some software update needs to be performed since the “engine check light” keeps flashing.
C) shifting at higher revs causes some sort of weird thud sound.

All in all a fantastic product and I am glad I have taken this leap of faith and bought the most expensive sub 400 cc bike in India but I can assure you it’s worth every penny.
Kashifh83 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 09:55   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashifh83 View Post
Finally took the delivery of this beauty yesterday.
Saw the Instagram post of Anzen Kawasaki and came here only to find it belongs to a BHPian :-).

Quote:
Pictures don’t do justice to how good this bike looks.
We would still love to see your bike photos and if possible a full bike review.
Old 2nd November 2023, 10:09   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally took the delivery of this beauty yesterday.
Congratulations 👏

I guess the covered one belongs to you as this was the one awaiting delivery and was the 3rd one to be delivered by them.

Btw which Yoshi can have you ordered?

Kawasaki Ninja ZX-4R, now launched at 8.49 lakh-img20231022101755.jpg
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 12:54   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Congratulations 👏

I guess the covered one belongs to you as this was the one awaiting delivery and was the 3rd one to be delivered by them.

Btw which Yoshi can have you ordered?

Attachment 2524804
There you go.
India’s 1st Zx4R with Yoshimura AT2 street series. It is sweeeeeeeet! In fact it’s the first one with any exhaust IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-4R, now launched at 8.49 lakh-a167e4d987204f3291f580069762621f.jpeg  

Kashifh83 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 13:32   #82

Quote:
There you go.
India’s 1st Zx4R with Yoshimura AT2 street series. It is sweeeeeeeet! In fact it’s the first one with any exhaust IMO.
Congrats on the Black beauty. Thats one sweet looking CAN and sweeter looking Ride. How does it sound compared to the stock ones ?
TheM0nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 06:44   #83
Team-BHP Support

Compared against the R7 and CBR650R -

Looks like the 400 inline4 has sold out all of the initial lot bikes and dealers are telling early next year deliveries for the next lot. Hope that encourages Kawasaki to do a CKD and also bring in the ZX4-RR.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd November 2023 at 06:49.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2023, 08:34   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quite an entertaining review from Chris Northover - says this is the best things he has ever ridden on the road

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 01:16   #85
BHPian

Quote:
There you go.
Its a fantastic bike, will sound even sweeter with the exhaust. Congrats. Try to post a video of the sound, if possible?

I've read somewhere that, you can bypass some regulations and touch something close to 90 bhp with a ECU flash/upgrade.
So, does your exhaust installation come with ECU flashing too? And how much power do you expect to make now, as per exhaust manufacturer's claims?

I hope the mod scene continues to support this bike. This bike has tremendous potential, but it will be down-marketed by many based on its cubic capacity. Better to ignore them.

Last edited by Samarth 619 : 21st November 2023 at 01:17.
Old 21st November 2023, 05:55   #86
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Isn't the whole point of this bike is that its not stupid powerful. No reason to tune it to the gills for another 10hp.
hikozaru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 08:34   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikozaru View Post
Isn't the whole point of this bike is that its not stupid powerful. No reason to tune it to the gills for another 10hp.
Well, indeed!

But then, from another perspective, the whole point is to buy whatever bike you like and do whatever you like to do with it - especially if the bike you like is a pocket rocket and what you want to do with it is to soup it up.

Guess it's just perspective, no rights or wrongs here.

I have a Z900 and I'm half-seriously considering getting a 400, so just chimed in.
motor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 17:32   #88

It seems like Kawasaki India has updated the power and torque figures of the ZX-4R in their website. Now it shows a maximum power of 75 PS and 77 PS with ram air and a maximum torque of 37.6 Nm. I think this is fine and the same tune that is offered in Indonesia.
Old 4th December 2023, 01:25   #89
BHPian

Is there any indication of the zx-4rr being released in India?
Would get that just got the Kawasaki lime green
Old 10th December 2023, 03:03   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by P72NX View Post
Is there any indication of the zx-4rr being released in India?
Would get that just got the Kawasaki lime green
They are actually contemplating getting it next year if this does well. But the price point seems to be an issue since it will be priced at least 1.5L more than the standard version.
After riding it for 500 kms I feel they should have at least offered the quick shifter as a part of the standard package.
Update : Got the 1st Service done from anzen Kawasaki, Mumbai. Total cost was around 9k which also included fitting the sliders and the radiator guard. Overall I am very much content and happy with my purchase. It’s a small Superbike with a lot of potential.
Kashifh83 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks