Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2008, 11:34   #436
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new bike Nitin. Its awesome. Please do post an ownership experience for us.
I would have bought a bike by now bro if I had the moolah , u know a decent sbk costs as much as my ikon (and i am still paying the installments for that).But ...god willing (and wifey financing hee hee) will try to get one within a year s .Meanwhile am happy reading about Manson's, netchef's, straight6's,fireblader's and now ur bikes
Old 15th April 2008, 11:58   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
The V-twin sounds pretty good.The Twin-Brother exhaust adds the thumping effect,especially at low rpm. Crank it up,and its something totally different.

I'll try to get a sound & video clip of the exhaust this evening.
Congrats. Ah! My favorite brand of exhausts. This is the older version of the pipe, now they look totally different but the sound is still awesome. This bike is SO popular in the states. Did you buy it off Craigslist? I thought you were looking for a 4 cylinder 600. Any specific reason for buying this one?
Old 15th April 2008, 19:58   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Congratulations Nitin puttar! Very the nice bike! Where are the pedals to move this thing??
Thanks paaji!
The brake pedals can be seen in this pic. The previous owner changed the pegs to some fancy ones.
Old 15th April 2008, 19:58   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Congrats on the new bike Nitin. Its awesome. Please do post an ownership experience for us.
I would have bought a bike by now bro if I had the moolah , u know a decent sbk costs as much as my ikon (and i am still paying the installments for that).But ...god willing (and wifey financing hee hee) will try to get one within a year s .Meanwhile am happy reading about Manson's, netchef's, straight6's,fireblader's and now ur bikes
Sure,I'll do that ASAP. Been swamped with work,so I haven't been able to do it yet. Hopefully in a day or two.
Old 15th April 2008, 20:01   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Congrats. Ah! My favorite brand of exhausts. This is the older version of the pipe, now they look totally different but the sound is still awesome. This bike is SO popular in the states. Did you buy it off Craigslist? I thought you were looking for a 4 cylinder 600. Any specific reason for buying this one?
Thats right. I had been looking at a 4-cyl 600 bike. Came across this one on craigslist 2 weeks ago,and decided to go check it out. Liked it,and picked it up .
The handling is a little different from the other bikes I've ridden. Takes some getting used to,I guess. The naked street bike is quite popular in most parts of the US. Ananthkamath (BHPian in Detroit) owns one too.
Old 15th April 2008, 20:22   #441
Senior - BHPian

Hey Nitin, Thats a sweet looking bike.

It may not look as mean as a GSX1000 but can surely pull like crazy right?

I am sure you got it for a very good price as these are not that much in demand.

ENVY !!!!!!!!!
Old 15th April 2008, 21:59   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Hey Nitin, Thats a sweet looking bike.

It may not look as mean as a GSX1000 but can surely pull like crazy right?

I am sure you got it for a very good price as these are not that much in demand.

ENVY !!!!!!!!!
Thanks,IronWolf.
True..these aren't as mean as the Gixxers,but they sure do some quite some power. Open it up on a good road,and in no time I'd be doing close to 3 digit speeds. But, I do not intend trying anything of that sort.
Old 15th April 2008, 23:50   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But, I do not intend trying anything of that sort.
Hahahahah I am sure. Making it a responsible Tbhp post I see.
Old 16th April 2008, 00:02   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Hahahahah I am sure. Making it a responsible Tbhp post I see.
Not just a post.But a practice as well. Safety first. I'm not at all a rash driver,so I intend being a sedate rider.

Hope to get done with the State inspection of the bike this evening.Apparently,the LED light that illuminates the license plates at the back has fused.Need to get that fixed before the bike gets the inspection stickers for another year.
Old 16th April 2008, 11:32   #445
BHPian

Congrats, Sir, on the hot-n-throbbing beast. She looks very fetching and I can't wait to hear the sound bytes. Like someone said, a twin on after market pipes is a rarity. Please. Soon.
Old 16th April 2008, 12:28   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The naked street bike is quite popular in most parts of the US. Ananthkamath (BHPian in Detroit) owns one too.
In fact, nakeds other than the SV's & FZ's are not that popular in the US and that is why you don't see a whole lot of them in the line up of manufacturers like you would in the UK. Its the opposite for the cruisers.
Old 16th April 2008, 13:08   #447
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Nitin! Would love to hear the two nasty siblings roar!
Old 16th April 2008, 13:36   #448
Senior - BHPian

Here's one of the best sounding bikes I have ever heard. The Valkyrie. That opposed 6 engine is brilliant.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-27082005001.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-27082005004.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-27082005.jpg  

straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2008, 14:02   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Here's one of the best sounding bikes I have ever heard. The Valkyrie. That opposed 6 engine is brilliant.
Bloody Hell. What a machine. If it's a flat six, could it be from the Gold Wing- 1800 cc opposed 6?
Chap on a Gold Wing came riding with us on Sunday and he was holding impressively hi speeds with seeming ease...floating down the highway like a Volvo bus!
Old 16th April 2008, 14:23   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Bloody Hell. What a machine. If it's a flat six, could it be from the Gold Wing- 1800 cc opposed 6?
Chap on a Gold Wing came riding with us on Sunday and he was holding impressively hi speeds with seeming ease...floating down the highway like a Volvo bus!
This one has a 1500 cc opposed 6.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks